The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
Fine Music - Orchestra, Big Band, Classical and Such - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other Musical Subjects (http://haleyfans.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: Fine Music - Orchestra, Big Band, Classical and Such (/thread-1170.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12

RE: Fine Music - Orchestra, Big Band, Classical and Such - My Alter Ego - 08-13-2012

(08-13-2012, 12:11 AM)LovinDaHaley Wrote: Tine Thing Helseth & tango trio - Libertango, by Piazzolla
I'm hoping this one finds MAE well.

LovinDa, this one found MAE well and lovin' this vid. After losing a couple of messages while attempting to post replies Friday evening, due to my computer's slow death, my internet's almost non existent connection, and/or the combination of both (the most likely culprit), I decided to take a computer break over the weekend. (Everything I do at work is tied to a computer, and one of my co-workers has told me that she has a habit of not turning on her computer at home at least one day of the weekend. I thought that I'd try on her habit.)

Tine's good. She didn't go for a lot of high notes in this, but, assuming that she's actually playing and I believe that she is, that mouthpiece is so lightly touching her embouchure (mouth and surrounding muscles) that it's abundantly clear to me that the bulk of her playing is from breath support -- something I mentioned earlier. I'd love to discuss this, other trumpeters, etc. with you, but I don't want to waste other readers time, so PM me, k?

Ironically, Piazzolla's haunting tango compositions were an avenue that I was intending to introduce Friday and had been looking for the best youtube of "Oblivion." I like this one better than the one I settled on Friday. Fingers crossed that it actually goes through.

RE: Fine Music - Orchestra, Big Band, Classical and Such - LovinDaHaley - 08-13-2012

^ Yeah, MAE!
  1. Damn good to see you!
  2. Get a new computer!
  3. I love that we just had another "twins from another dimension" experience, courtesy Piazzolla.
  4. Don't worry about how much time you spend at this site - Just do it!
  5. I just had an eargasm watching that "Oblivion" video. (You give good thread Tongue )
  6. IMHO, Trumpet Geek has the best trumpet talk threads: http://www.trumpetgeek.com/bbs/

RE: Fine Music - Orchestra, Big Band, Classical and Such - My Alter Ego - 08-14-2012

(08-13-2012, 09:40 PM)LovinDaHaley Wrote:

^ Yeah, MAE!
  1. Damn good to see you!
  2. Get a new computer!
  3. I love that we just had another "twins from another dimension" experience, courtesy Piazzolla.
  4. Don't worry about how much time you spend at this site - Just do it!
  5. I just had an eargasm watching that "Oblivion" video. (You give good thread Tongue )
  6. IMHO, Trumpet Geek has the best trumpet talk threads: http://www.trumpetgeek.com/bbs/

A. Thanks.
B. Umm, yes, mam!
C. Teehee.
D. See B (above)
E. Glad you liked it. As for the pun, I'm not sure whether to groan or laugh.
F. Thanks for the tip. I still have questions specifically for you.

RE: Fine Music - Orchestra, Big Band, Classical and Such - buzzenator - 08-14-2012

^ I really appreciate the musical aficionados on this forum, probably because I have no talent musically...other than my Sparkletone days in elementary school. Tongue

MAE & LDH (LovinDaHaley)...this is really deep and thought provoking. I think both of you give good thread...Dodgy

I know what I like to hear and see...that's why I'm Haleycentric, but all the other musical snacks you guys have created around the main course...Bon Appetit for my uneducated musical palette...it's all good! Big Grin

RE: Fine Music - Orchestra, Big Band, Classical and Such - LovinDaHaley - 08-14-2012

^ Thanks for the compliment Buzz. I think. Blush

^^ And MAE, thank you for compliance, LOL. As for whether you groan or laugh at the eargasm and giving good thread puns, maybe both at the same time would be fun?

As for trumpet talk, I don't have the kind of knowledge you'd find at trumpetgeeks.com, but I really enjoy our occasional ping pong on the subject, which does fit the subject matter of this thread, and I feel we should feel free to toot away. [Image: character00274.gif]

I think there's probably a lot of Interest in pretty much anything music at this site, including trumpet talk. Besides, the thread postings all help this site's Internet presence and reputation, and therefore Haley's. Note: The latest Google search engine algorithm loves activity, even more than it loves keywords.

And yes, I totally agree, Tine Thing Helseth has amazing breath support and a really buff embouchure. Big Grin

Heart We do it all for Haley Reinhart Heart That's how we roll at haleyfans.com Heart

Also when I think "breath control", I think Rhonda Larson" Big Grin

Rhonda Larson - "Be Still My Soul"She starts playing at about 0:40

RE: Fine Music - Orchestra, Big Band, Classical and Such - buzzenator - 08-15-2012

(08-14-2012, 07:06 PM)LovinDaHaley Wrote:
^ Thanks for the compliment Buzz. I think. Blush

I've got to keep you guessing...this time it was a real compliment...I think [Image: sign0199.gif]

RE: Fine Music - Orchestra, Big Band, Classical and Such - My Alter Ego - 08-15-2012

(08-14-2012, 07:06 PM)LovinDaHaley Wrote:

And MAE, thank you for compliance, LOL.

Also when I think "breath control", I think Rhonda Larson" Big Grin

Wasn't it nice of me to provide you that opportunity to sneek in "compliance"? Wink

And, yes, Rhonda Larson's simultaneous singing and playing is an astonishing feat, although given that she's playing a flute, it's more easily accomplished than if she played clarinet. I wonder if she's studied the overtone singing of the Gyoto monks, in order to do it.

RE: Fine Music - Orchestra, Big Band, Classical and Such - LovinDaHaley - 08-15-2012

^ Another laugh courtesy of the Buzz Big Grin Woot!

(08-15-2012, 07:56 AM)My Alter Ego Wrote:
Wasn't it nice of me to provide you that opportunity to sneek in "compliance"? Wink

^ Yes, it was nice. Big Grin But have you complied yet? Tongue
(08-15-2012, 07:56 AM)My Alter Ego Wrote: ...it's more easily accomplished than if she played clarinet.

True that MAE. Or a bassoon... ooch.

RE: Fine Music - Orchestra, Big Band, Classical and Such - LovinDaHaley - 08-15-2012

From the "What's Your Favorite Movie (and why)"
(08-15-2012, 06:30 AM)My Alter Ego Wrote: "Possibly one of the most beautiful pieces ever written, even for such an unexpected trio: clarinet (Richard Faria), violin, (Ellen Jewwet) and piano (Xak Bjerken). Deep, heartbreaking, painful, wondrous, glorious, moving, breathtaking... Beautiful."

I don't know that I'd say it's one of the most beautiful pieces ever composed, but I definitely agree with the last sentence. "Avant garde" can take so many different directions. Sometimes it's nothing but a cacophonous mess, and other times it can lead to something like The Horse with the Lavender Eye (what a curious title). Thank you for introducing me to Hartke's work.

It's sweet that you still refer to both men as "professor."

Yes, I am a fan of choral music. And "Sure, on this Shining Night" is one of Lauridsen's best. The University of Utah Singers is an exceptionally good choir for amateurs. It's too bad that the man who was it's director, when this recording was made, left. And while I'm not particularly a fan of organ, I'd love to hear someone who knows his/her way around one play the one in the back of that auditorium. That's a magnificent looking instrument.

^ Agreed with everything.

And I want to post about "Uncle" Phil Maloof and his pipe organ collection at his home here in Vegas (he had his home converted to accomodate the organs). He's an interesting character that's for sure. I want to post some fun stuff about him and his collection but I'm running out the door (lucky for y'all). I would imagine there'd be a lot on the Internet about him and his incredible car and pipe organ collections.

"Uncle" Phil Maloof
Not the greatest presentation of things, but kind of interesting nonetheless in my opinion.

RE: Fine Music - Orchestra, Big Band, Classical and Such - LovinDaHaley - 08-17-2012

Heart Ode to MAE (A.K.A. "Full Circle") Heart

Imani Winds performs Astor Piazzolla's "Libertango"
Pentaedre plays Paquito D'Rivera's Vals Venezolano