The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE (/thread-1227.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - Tusk - 09-07-2012

Like I said, I'm not keen on spending money on something that will get confiscated before I get to use it, especially if I don't know if it will do a good job recording audio or visual....

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - makefigure8s - 09-08-2012

(09-07-2012, 02:29 PM)Tusk Wrote: Like I said, I'm not keen on spending money on something that will get confiscated before I get to use it, especially if I don't know if it will do a good job recording audio or visual....

They're not likely to confiscate--typically they don't have the right to do so except temporarily, more likely they might call you out and ask you to stop if openly recording. (In more strict venues, they may force you to erase the recording in front of them.)

Check before the event, I've been surprised at times, and sometimes open recording is allowed.

By the way, also, sometimes they're just lax -- there's nothing more frustrating that walking in and finding out that there's a bunch of *other* people openly recording when you thought it wasn't allowed and left your camera at home.

Tip: Cell phones, esp. smart phones, can be used to capture audio only unobtrusively. Some MP3 players can record audio. Quality isn't high but cheap, easy, and unobtrusive.

Update: Turns out that at Carnegie Hall, they are fairly strict about cameras and security clamps down hard (even on private recitals, etc.); though it seems they typically don't confiscate until you start with flash photography.

Much less strict about phones.

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - Tusk - 09-08-2012

(09-08-2012, 02:45 PM)makefigure8s Wrote:
(09-07-2012, 02:29 PM)Tusk Wrote: Like I said, I'm not keen on spending money on something that will get confiscated before I get to use it, especially if I don't know if it will do a good job recording audio or visual....

They're not likely to confiscate--typically they don't have the right to do so except temporarily, more likely they might call you out and ask you to stop if openly recording. (In more strict venues, they may force you to erase the recording in front of them.)

Check before the event, I've been surprised at times, and sometimes open recording is allowed.

By the way, also, sometimes they're just lax -- there's nothing more frustrating that walking in and finding out that there's a bunch of *other* people openly recording when you thought it wasn't allowed and left your camera at home.

Tip: Cell phones, esp. smart phones, can be used to capture audio only unobtrusively. Some MP3 players can record audio. Quality isn't high but cheap, easy, and unobtrusive.
I know the feeling. When I went to the Louvre in Paris, there were signs all over the place that you weren't allowed to use your Flash that might damage the paintings. Once I walked inside, I couldn't believe EVERYONE was using their flash, and security was everywhere and did nothing about it. After an hour, I said eff it, and used mine LOL (The pics without it turned out better though)

If there were a store near by that I could test the equipment nearby, I might consider it. But purchasing it online without knowing...... I've spent a good amount of change (4 trips(travel and lodging) and one Camera) that I'm near my limit as far as cash spent on this. To buy a 'spy camera' that I would only use once, probably, seemed a little too frivolous of an expense. (especially if I'm not sure about the output quality). I have a regular cell-phone and don't want to go to the expense of purchasing a smart phone either....

Just seemed that Haley-Holic @ IDF was sort of telling me in a 'round about way' she didn't approve of any Shenanigans and I'd hate to be an embarrassment on what is turning out to be a pretty 'cultured' event. Undecided

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - Babbs234 - 09-08-2012

Tusk, You might get mad at me for this, but i cant help it. Buhahaha, I cant believe you are actually thinking of buying a spy camera!!!!!! Oh what fun you are!!Big GrinCool

There is a longer version of this clip that is 1min, 6 sec but I didn't know how to transfer it here since its not you tube. Its on Hulu. check it out. its pretty funny!

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - makefigure8s - 09-08-2012

Wouldn't recommend anything expensive. Takes a while to figure that out and is actually very hard to get a decent recording in uncontrolled situations.

If you did something, would suggest going very cheap. If your phone doesn't work, then a cheap MP3 player that records voice (which you could use afterwards). Won't be great, but gives a hint of what it would sound like...

(09-08-2012, 03:04 PM)Tusk Wrote: I know the feeling. When I went to the Louvre in Paris, there were signs all over the place that you weren't allowed to use your Flash that might damage the paintings. Once I walked inside, I couldn't believe EVERYONE was using their flash, and security was everywhere and did nothing about it. After an hour, I said eff it, and used mine LOL (The pics without it turned out better though)

If there were a store near by that I could test the equipment nearby, I might consider it. But purchasing it online without knowing...... I've spent a good amount of change (4 trips(travel and lodging) and one Camera) that I'm near my limit as far as cash spent on this. To buy a 'spy camera' that I would only use once, probably, seemed a little too frivolous of an expense. (especially if I'm not sure about the output quality). I have a regular cell-phone and don't want to go to the expense of purchasing a smart phone either....

Just seemed that Haley-Holic @ IDF was sort of telling me in a 'round about way' she didn't approve of any Shenanigans and I'd hate to be an embarrassment on what is turning out to be a pretty 'cultured' event. Undecided

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - buzzenator - 09-10-2012

^ I believe we saw a Stefano video from Carnegie Hall, albeit it was rather short. It looked like it came from one of the upper boxes along the side.

I will be totally disappointed if we never get a video from Carnegie Hall with Haley performing. Yet, I am unable to fly to NY and attend. However, I am willing to contribute $10 to Tusk's Spy Camera Fund (TSCF). Dodgy...seriously!

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - NUG - 09-10-2012

(09-10-2012, 07:21 AM)buzzenator Wrote: ^ I believe we saw a Stefano video from Carnegie Hall, albeit it was rather short. It looked like it came from one of the upper boxes along the side.

I will be totally disappointed if we never get a video from Carnegie Hall with Haley performing. Yet, I am unable to fly to NY and attend. However, I am willing to contribute $10 to Tusk's Spy Camera Fund (TSCF). Dodgy...seriously!

I would contribute!

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - Tusk - 09-10-2012

I looked up some of the items from the "spy store" at Amazon to see if there was more info on the items, and it re enforced why I'm hesitant to spend money on them without first testing them.

From some of the reviews, It seems many of the 'gadgets' come from overseas with 'translated' english instructions. There also seemed to be alot of complaining that they didn't work as advertised, poor construction, cheap materials and that many that did work would eventually stop working. On top of that, many of the items were much cheaper at Amazon than at the spy store web sites.

http://www.amazon.com/KJB-Security-DVR260-Camcorder-Sunglasses/dp/B001TE1HJY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_p_1

http://www.amazon.com/Smiley-Button-Hidden-Brickhouse-Security/dp/B004TM13W4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1347294832&sr=8-3&keywords=spy+camera

There seemed to be as many complaint posts as posts that gave high ratings (some of the ones with high ratings...seemed like were written by someone 'promoting' the item and had curious grammatical usage too Undecided )
Quote:The item is great and came on time. I really appreciate working with this company. The item is totally new and effective.
Dodgy

Some of the items supplied video examples, and having gone through a few, while the video was passable in many, the audio, in general was poor to bad...which would be pointless for this situation.

Bottom line, it just seems likely to be a waste of money Tongue

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - Miguel - 09-10-2012

The best "spy camera" is probably a smartphone with a blacked out screen.

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - suggahinyerteeth - 09-10-2012

(09-10-2012, 10:56 AM)Tusk Wrote: I looked up some of the items from the "spy store" at Amazon to see if there was more info on the items, and it re enforced why I'm hesitant to spend money on them without first testing them.

From some of the reviews, It seems many of the 'gadgets' come from overseas with 'translated' english instructions. There also seemed to be alot of complaining that they didn't work as advertised, poor construction, cheap materials and that many that did work would eventually stop working. On top of that, many of the items were much cheaper at Amazon than at the spy store web sites.

http://www.amazon.com/KJB-Security-DVR260-Camcorder-Sunglasses/dp/B001TE1HJY/ref=pd_sim_sbs_p_1

http://www.amazon.com/Smiley-Button-Hidden-Brickhouse-Security/dp/B004TM13W4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1347294832&sr=8-3&keywords=spy+camera

There seemed to be as many complaint posts as posts that gave high ratings (some of the ones with high ratings...seemed like were written by someone 'promoting' the item and had curious grammatical usage too Undecided )

Some of the items supplied video examples, and having gone through a few, while the video was passable in many, the audio, in general was poor to bad...which would be pointless for this situation.

Bottom line, it just seems likely to be a waste of money Tongue

You know what Mr. Tusk......you should just go and enjoy it. You can't be the eyes and ears for everyone all of the time. I think you have already gone above and beyond for your fellow Haliens. Go, have fun please!