The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE (/thread-1227.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - My Alter Ego - 10-05-2012

My, lots of chatter on this thread since I last checked in early this morning -- all good stuff.

T-Man, thanks for posting the Mayfield interview. It was interesting to hear his perspective of that evening in his club, when these two "unknowns" (to him) got up and showed their music "chops" with his more seasoned group. (Casey did perform as well, although I don't think he sang -- I think that he just played bass, and didn't quite have the opportunity to shine like Haley did.)

I think that Haley probably had something to do with Casey getting invited, but I suspect those of you speculating that Mayfield listened to "Moaning" are correct as well. (As in, after she suggested Casey, Mayfield spent some time listening to "Moanin," then maybe some more jazz vids of Casey's. Both Haley and Casey have an ease with jazz that is quite amazing for their age. That their musical chemistry creates magic is icing on the [proverbial] cake.)

It's exciting for us, their fans (especially T-Man, Haleyholic, and FungLaw), to see this opportunity come to fruition! May it lead to many more fun twists and turns in their respective journeys!

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - Miguel - 10-05-2012

(10-05-2012, 06:39 PM)NUG Wrote: For the longest time, her night 2 Phillipines performances of HORTS and BATJ were featured on the side of the Mayfield video. In those performances, she was 110% super star, the huge crowd was going wild!! I imagined Mayfield moving on to those after watching their video, thinking "who the heck was that chick?!?" Big Grin
If he saw those performances, he might have been impressed that she could move from a small venue to a large venue performing music from a different genre with ease.

v partial v

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - midnightblues - 10-05-2012

Hales Hid nothing or held nothing back on HOTRS in Manila.Her San Jose show was 2nd to this one.As fr as the tour goes.

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - Haleylvr4evr - 10-05-2012

I love this tweet! Smile
Quote:Just Me! ‏@makeFigure8s

Has anyone appeared on AI, Lollapalooza, and Carnegie Hall in the same year? In 4 days, we'll be able to say that about @haleyreinhart

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - jjames865 - 10-06-2012

As usual I'm late to the forum discussion party. Loved the interview. In addition to Irvin Mayfield's admitted Haley WTF moment I probably have enjoyed Michael Watson's (the trombonist) WTF reaction even more on that video. How many times do you think Michael has actually taken a seat offstage to listen to an unknown vocalists who just happens to come by the club and sing? So cool.

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - NUG - 10-06-2012

(10-05-2012, 09:22 PM)Miguel Wrote:
(10-05-2012, 06:39 PM)NUG Wrote: For the longest time, her night 2 Phillipines performances of HORTS and BATJ were featured on the side of the Mayfield video. In those performances, she was 110% super star, the huge crowd was going wild!! I imagined Mayfield moving on to those after watching their video, thinking "who the heck was that chick?!?" Big Grin
If he saw those performances, he might have been impressed that she could move from a small venue to a large venue performing music from a different genre with ease.

v partial v

I still LOVE watching those. Wow she just leaves it all there on the stage, and they lap it up with enthusiasm. Just a few weeks later she started writing her album. Heart My thoughts did follow that line, if Mayfield had never heard of her before that, he would surely be stunned by those performances, totally different Haley on the stage there. Tusk, I am so very jealous of you right now...I can't wait to read your thoughs on Mondays performances.

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - My Alter Ego - 10-06-2012

^^jjames865, not to worry about being late to the party -- it's fun when this type of party goes on for days....Tongue

I've noticed the trombonist's reaction too, and, yes, it's cool. I won't speculate on how often it happens that he goes offstage to really listen to an "unknown singer who happened to drop by the club," but will admit it's likely rare. We've benefitted because Casey recognized it, and captured it on film.

Of course, what I enjoy most is watching Mayfield: initially, there's a cool skepticism, which changes to, in his words, "pleasant shock," which ultimately yields to recognition that "the girl can saanng" and, thus, his respect.

Everyone benefits by Mayfield's savvy-ness in his promotion of jazz. Ostensibly, this is NOJO's tenth anniversary and, thus, a major celebration of that anniversary. But, more broadly, it's the appeal of jazz, regardless of class, age, race, etc. It's win-win: for jazz aficionados, in general -- and, through Haley, people who hadn't particularly enjoyed the genre are now beginning to explore new territory.Heart

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - Miguel - 10-06-2012

Quote:Haley Reinhart ‏@HaleyReinhart

One word: CARNEGIE HALL. Alright it's two! But incredible nonetheless! I'm on my way to NYC now. Gonna meet up w my family #sospecial

Quote:Stephen May ‏@WHSactivities

@HaleyReinhart at Carnigie Hall. A little bigger stage then the one u owned at WHS. congrats!!

Quote:Dr. Lazaro Lopez ‏@WHS_STEM

Congrats to WHS grad RT @HaleyReinhart: One word: CARNEGIE HALL. Alright it's two! But incredible none the less! I'm on my way to NYC now.

Quote:Keith Phelps ‏@KEiTHPHELPS

Here's a fun fact for all u #haliens & #phellas: dee dee bridgewater is on the Carnegie bill w Haley. My uncle tours with her! #smallworld
His uncle plays drums.

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - My Alter Ego - 10-06-2012

(10-06-2012, 09:50 AM)Miguel Wrote:
Quote:Stephen May ‏@WHSactivities

@HaleyReinhart at Carnigie Hall. A little bigger stage then the one u owned at WHS. congrats!!

Quote:Dr. Lazaro Lopez ‏@WHS_STEM

Congrats to WHS grad RT @HaleyReinhart: One word: CARNEGIE HALL. Alright it's two! But incredible none the less! I'm on my way to NYC now.

Quote:Keith Phelps ‏@KEiTHPHELPS

Here's a fun fact for all u #haliens & #phellas: dee dee bridgewater is on the Carnegie bill w Haley. My uncle tours with her! #smallworld
His uncle plays drums.

I wonder if/hope that Keith might be able to be there. I know he won't be able to play (although, lord knows, the kid should be onstage to be able to demonstrate his talent!).

Nice that folks at Wheeling High School are tuning in to this moment of Haley's!

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - jjames865 - 10-06-2012

(10-06-2012, 08:10 AM)My Alter Ego Wrote: Of course, what I enjoy most is watching Mayfield: initially, there's a cool skepticism, which changes to, in his words, "pleasant shock," which ultimately yields to recognition that "the girl can saanng"

His final test: He threw down the gauntlet when he decided to engage in a trumpet/vocalist battle with Haley at the end of that performance and as we all know she delivered.