The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE (/thread-1227.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - My Alter Ego - 10-06-2012

(10-06-2012, 08:10 AM)My Alter Ego Wrote: Of course, what I enjoy most is watching Mayfield: initially, there's a cool skepticism, which changes to, in his words, "pleasant shock," which ultimately yields to recognition that "the girl can saanng"

(10-06-2012, 11:00 AM)jjames865 Wrote: His final test: He threw down the gauntlet when he decided to engage in a trumpet/vocalist battle with Haley at the end of that performance and as we all know she delivered.

Agreed. As I've posted in the past (after the video surfaced), he tested her, doing things on the trumpet (i.e. odd tongueing techniques, half-valve smears) to see how she would respond. And she found vocal ways to mimic him. Not sure I'd say it was epic, but it was certainly good -- and revealing.

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - NUG - 10-06-2012

(10-06-2012, 11:18 AM)My Alter Ego Wrote: Agreed. As I've posted in the past (after the video surfaced), he tested her, doing things on the trumpet (i.e. odd tongueing techniques, half-valve smears) to see how she would respond. And she found vocal ways to mimic him. Not sure I'd say it was epic, but it was certainly good -- and revealing.

I would say it was epic Big Grin

(10-06-2012, 11:54 AM)NUG Wrote: I would say it was epic Big Grin

NUG, perhaps it was to you. It wasn't to me -- it was good and the result has been great fun, but epic, for me, goes far beyond that.

Although I realize that language constantly changes, I think it's sad when, for example, a fine word like "awesome" gets latched onto and used to describe silly drivel by a generation that was detached, so that now the word is meaningless, and, thus, worthless. The word "epic" seems so doomed. I don't wish to be a part of that.

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - midnightblues - 10-06-2012

Epic, outstanding, profound, awesome, bad ass, there just words. The bottom line is, she was good enough to get an invitation to Carnegie Hall.

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - nammah8238 - 10-06-2012

I am 66yrs old seen many things in my life. In my book this one will go down as EPIC.

(10-06-2012, 11:18 AM)My Alter Ego Wrote: Agreed. As I've posted in the past (after the video surfaced), he tested her, doing things on the trumpet (i.e. odd tongueing techniques, half-valve smears) to see how she would respond. And she found vocal ways to mimic him. Not sure I'd say it was epic, but it was certainly good -- and revealing.

(10-06-2012, 11:54 AM)NUG Wrote: I would say it was epic Big Grin

(10-06-2012, 12:07 PM)My Alter Ego Wrote: NUG, perhaps it was to you. It wasn't to me -- it was good and the result has been great fun, but epic, for me, goes far beyond that.

Although I realize that language constantly changes, I think it's sad when, for example, a fine word like "awesome" gets latched onto and used to describe silly drivel by a generation that was detached, so that now the word is meaningless, and, thus, worthless. The word "epic" seems so doomed. I don't wish to be a part of that.

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - InItToWinIt - 10-06-2012

If epic can be used to describe football games, as it has been for decades, I'm hardly concerned that the word will be corrupted by it being used to describe Haley's impromto performance at Mayfield's club that night. I am still quite curious though as to why Haley and Casey, and Pia and Lauren as I recall, were in New Orleans that faithful night. What was the event that brought them to the NOLA, did we every find out?

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - Miguel - 10-06-2012

It might have been a private event for Walmart or Kraft employees:

http://haleyfans.com/showthread.php?tid=317&pid=816#pid816

Also from the original thread:

Quote:Fe Moya ‏ @glassperfection

@HaleysShindig ohh and Irvin's assistant said that the god bless recording is shit compared to what it was live he said you have no idea...

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - Himm2 - 10-06-2012

over 120,000 views & 1,000 likes on Youtube sounds pretty "epic" to me. If Haley wasn't there I doubt if it would have gotten 1,000 views without all the linking & embedding that Haliens must have promoted.

RE: Carnegie Hall w/Mayfield - TICKETS NOW ON SALE - makefigure8s - 10-06-2012

(10-05-2012, 10:56 PM)Haleylvr4evr Wrote: I love this tweet! Smile
Quote:Just Me! ‏@makeFigure8s

Has anyone appeared on AI, Lollapalooza, and Carnegie Hall in the same year? In 4 days, we'll be able to say that about @haleyreinhart

Turns out that Lady Gaga did this in 2010.

Doubt anyone else has.

Wow. I thought people might wonder about "half valve smears."

But, no, you'd all rather jump on my use of "epic" (because, to me, it isn't) and get carried away. Sorry Himm2, but the hits on YouTube says more about Haley's fans, not necessarily about the performance. It was a really good, solid, impromptu performance -- a performance that, once it got uploaded onto YouTube, generated enough interest that Mayfield thought it might be useful (to his cause) to invite her to Carnegie.

If this performance, was "epic" (and it reallly wasn't, although it was really good), where do you go when it gets better? And it can and will.