The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
S10 - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: S10 (/thread-1657.html)

RE: S10 - Tusk - 01-28-2016

As AI takes it's final steps to it's last shows, the 'Best of" lists continue...

'American Idol': A Look Back at Hollywood Week Group Performances With Chris Daughtry

Quote:Season 10: Haley Reinhart, Naima Adedapo and Jacob Lusk
Without question, the talent pool was deep in season 10, and it's no coincidence that this supergroup all ended up in the top 10. The Beatles song was certainly in Reinhart's wheelhouse, and Adedapo and Lusk dug into the verses with soul. Judge Steven Tyler looked like he thoroughly enjoyed taking the "Long and Winding Road" with this group.

and in this list, they rank all finalists that appeared on AI, 168 in total

Quote:26. Haley Reinhart (Season 10, placed 3rd)
Haley was one of the more convincing rocker-chicks to grace the Idol stage, in part because her performances were so wildly uneven, and in part because she wasn't afraid to jaw back at the judges' critiques. When she hit — as she did on Gaga's "Yoü and I" and on, yes, Led freakin' Zeppelin — the results were sublime.

RE: S10 - john - 01-28-2016

The list of 168 puts Pia at #121 and Durbin at #100.
Ashthon Jones 155
Karen Rodriguez 149
Thia 148.
Stefano 79
Jacob Lusk 63
Lauren 45
Casey 42
Scotty 18

Lee DeWyze 167

RE: S10 - Tusk - 01-28-2016

yeah, I could easily put Haley ahead of some in front of her on that list, Jax and Constantine come to mind... she could be in the top 20, but given that everyone has different tastes, I'm happy that she's on the top of the stack with the elites, ahead of some season winnners and runner ups...can't win 'em all Tongue

At least Haley fared better in the critique than Haley Scarnato, the Haley who preceded her a few seasons before Tongue

Quote:119. Haley Scarnato (Season 6, Placed 8th)
Had legs; briefly knew how to use them.

RE: S10 - Sinces10 - 01-29-2016

Hello forum, this is my first post, I have been a member for almost a year but never had much to say until now. It has been a joy to have this forum and to read what is happening to Haley on a daily basis. When I first saw that Venture had ranked all past Idol Finalist I expect Haley to be in the top 10 and at first was disappointed that she was ranked 26th. But after looking at the list, which by the way I think is typical for a list of this type, it has both good and bad choices to ponder. I realized that after 14 Seasons by average, she is in the top 2 per Season, 2 X 14 = 28. I also have to admit that some of those ranked ahead of her are quite good singers/performers. On the other hand I have to say that none of them connected with me the way Haley did, and still does. She is still the best contestant they ever had in my opinion. You can also note from the top 26 Finalist listed that many good singers went out in round 3, round 4, and even round 6 and 7. What does that have to say about the way America votes and the Judges judge? The AI contest is tough and far from perfect, and making a good list of who was the best is equally hard.

RE: S10 - yanni5 - 01-29-2016

Welcome to the forum Sinces! You made some very good points, I wholeheartedly agree. Smile

RE: S10 - dswim2 - 01-29-2016

Welcome to the forum! Very interesting data...thanks for sharing Big Grin

RE: S10 - Tusk - 01-29-2016

Welcome to HF Cool

I think back to what Josh Wolf said in his podcast, one of the reasons he hates these kinds of competitions is art, any kind of creativity, is subjective. You like what you like, others will like what they like. Nobody is really "wrong" from that perspective.

I will always appreciate Idol for making me aware of Haley, who's talent helped fill a hole that was missing in my life. Music had become dull, uninspiring, repetative...."noise" for me. Timely because I was beginning to regress into the songs of my youth.

That being said, the competition angle of the show added a negative aspect to the proceedings. It turned something made for entertainment into something combative, groups formed, us vs them. Instead of using their energy to support their favorites, some people expend energy flinging negativity at those who are "competing" against their favorites. We've seen that happen to Haley, alot of it irrational.

I guess as pack/social animals, there's always been an us/vs them aspect as long as humans have been around, which is something that Idol encouraged helping it be so popular for so long.

These kinds of lists are made for entertainment purposes, a fun point of discussion, so I take the rankings w/ a grain of salt (as long as the list is based on genuine, honest reflection and not obvious bias Wink ).

RE: S10 - JMT - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 02:54 PM)Sinces10 Wrote: What does that have to say about the way America votes and the Judges judge? The AI contest is tough and far from perfect, and making a good list of who was the best is equally hard.

Thanks for posting.

As a long-time watcher of Idol, I can say that America sometimes got it right, but more often not. Lately I have wondered where Haley would rank among all contestants in terms of pure VOCAL TALENT. What if you asked the vocal coaches and band members-- who are professionals?

My kids got me watching Idol at the end of Season 1. From Season 2 thru Season 10 i would say conservatively that I watched at least 75% of all episodes. Obviously, that doesn't make me an expert. But having seen so many contestants, I do think I could spot one who had something special. Haley Reinhart was SPECIAL (and is even more so now). Higher, than 26th special, for sure! Haley would have to rank near the VERY top in terms of vocal talent. She did stuff with her voice that practically no other contestant did before her or after her. Plus she was super ballsy-- as that article pointed out!! She wasn't going to be 'put in a box' then, and she's still living that way now. Gotta LOVE IT!

RE: S10 - john - 01-29-2016

(01-29-2016, 05:40 PM)JMT Wrote:
(01-29-2016, 02:54 PM)Sinces10 Wrote: What does that have to say about the way America votes and the Judges judge? The AI contest is tough and far from perfect, and making a good list of who was the best is equally hard.

Thanks for posting.

As a long-time watcher of Idol, I can say that America sometimes got it right, but more often not. Lately I have wondered where Haley would rank among all contestants in terms of pure VOCAL TALENT. What if you asked the vocal coaches and band members-- who are professionals?

Ya, thanks for posting Sinces. It seems to me the list is pretty successful as these things go. At least among us, it has generated discussion and interest. What else can it do? And nobody seems too upset about it (not like a list by Randy might LOL).

As for voting I never think of it as "America" voting, at least as it was in season 10. It largely reflected the wishes of those who were willing to vote 100-200-500 times and I'm not sure that is "America" or just what it is.

I have to agree with comments by Josh, Tusk and others who are put off by the competitive aspect of these shows. I've never experienced music as a competition and I don't like some of the us/them aspects of the AI scene. The vitriol on some of the YT postings was really off putting, for example. Of course, I do like when Haley does well and I'm delighted to see her videos rise on PMJ or on FB. She is #1 in my book.

RE: S10 - lovinghaleyr - 01-29-2016

WELLCOME SINCE10 at the best HF site,and I agree with you about the 26th.
Haley's rank,I think she deserve top 10 at least.