The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
S10 - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: S10 (/thread-1657.html)

RE: S10 - Miguel - 04-05-2016

I've been reading show recaps from S10 on IdolForums' Idol Showcase >> Haley Reinhart thread. Most of them were posted by figure8 back in the day.

This commentary stood out to me:

Quote:Haley has managed to survive it all -- including Randy's unfair assaults week after week as he told her that she didn't know herself musically because she took on jazz, rock and even old-school country yodeling. Yet when others went out of their comfort zone and started with the screeching and unnecessary runs he'd inevitably tell them how gutsy they were.

Huh? Luckily for her, America didn't care and kept her in the game. Hey, Randy! Turns out we love yodeling.

Who knew?

Can you imagine how much you do need to know yourself to yodel with 20 million critics out there?

In fact, we all love that Haley refuses to play it safe and stick to the same old versions of the same old 20-, 30- and 40-year-old pop tunes that are expected of contestants. (Think Pia with those terrible Celine Dion songs and horrifying harem pant-unitard!)

Instead Haley has consistently had the cajones to trust herself — while politely taking the expert advice when it fits.

Like other real artists, she’s... figured out what she loves, what she’s willing to do to make music her way, and will sing only what she loves the way she loves to do it.

...I’ve downloaded her yodeling version of “Blue,” her un-Smokey take on “You’ve Really Got a Hold on Me,” and her male version of “House of the Rising Sun.”

It takes a gutsy woman to pick a folk song written in England in the 1600s about a guy whose life has been destroyed by hookers — from the guy’s point of view!

You sure she doesn’t know exactly who she is, Randy?

http://nypost.com/2011/05/16/haleys-comet/

RE: S10 - Tusk - 04-05-2016

Quote:Michael Slezak Retweeted you
3h: @MichaelSlezakTV was basically the "Homer" to @HaleyReinhart's "Iliad/Odyssey" transcribing Haley's dramatic, epic Hero's Journey Smile

RE: S10 - john - 04-05-2016

Five years ago
Quote:Adam Lambert Calls 'Idol' Hopeful Haley Reinhart 'Top-Notch

...And as season 10 winds down, Adam clearly has a lot to say about the top six finalists, first and foremost, his current favorite: Haley Reinhart. "I love Haley so much because musically and vocally, she's doing things that are at a top-notch level," he told THR at Wednesday's ASCAP Pop Music Awards, where Adam introduced Songwriter of the Year winner Max Martin. "It's incredible how Haley makes it look so easy and effortless. Plus, she's having fun up there. I don't feel like she's working so hard to prove herself or to prove a point. She's just singing and taking joy in music."

But when it comes to Haley, Adam does take issue with judges Jennifer Lopez, Steven Tyler and Randy Jackson -- he doesn't think they foist enough positive reinforcement on the girl. "I wish the judges gave her a little bit more praise because what she's doing is technically superb," he says.

Similarly, Adam also senses a sort of supreme musicality in Casey Abrams, but is a bit skeptical of the shtick. "The thing about Casey is, the judges will go, 'We like your quirkiness,' and now it's almost like he's parodying himself a bit," says Adam. "I think he's so good, and then he starts grunting and I'm like, 'Why? You don't even need to do that.' I get distracted by it. But I think Casey's got vocal and musical genius in him. He's so talented."...

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/471828/adam-lambert-calls-idol-hopeful-haley-reinhart-top-notch

RE: S10 - Miguel - 04-05-2016

Adam tweeted the night of the top 4 performances:

Quote: Haley gets criticized cuz she's the best and SO not cookie cutter. She was Fiesty 2n b/c she's a strong, smart woman. my fav kind o woman.

Quote: The other three are doing great and are working hard but have grown so predictable to me. Not bringing much freshness to the table.

Quote: Bottom line- in my opinion, Haley would make the edgiest, most original album out of the three. #Realness

Quote:Don't get me wrong y'all. James, Lauren and Scotty are so talented! They'll all do very well. But their voices can all b compared to others.

RE: S10 - Miguel - 04-06-2016

Some behind-the-scenes photos. Including one in a private jet.

https://www.facebook.com/theintentionalvoice/posts/863799697079021

Quote:I had the good fortune of being involved with American Idol Season 10 and part of Season 11 as a first line judge, vocal coach, vocal producer and vocal arranger for all the group numbers. I was one of the first line judges that put through Scotty McCreery, a 15 year old baseball player from Garner NC who just happened to posses a voice way beyond his years and a focus, commitment and character that lead him all the way to being the Winner of Season 10! I got to work very closely with Scotty along with Pia Toscano, Thia Megia, Naima Adedapo, Haley Reinhart, Casey Abrams, James Durbin, Stefano Langone, Paul McDonald and Lauren Alaina. I was also a talent scout for Season 10 and brought in Julie Zorilla, who's impressive performances got her to the Top 24! It was an extraordinary time in my life and a true blessing to work along side such unique and talented young people.

RE: S10 - rmd1064 - 04-06-2016

As American Idol rolls to an end, and Haley's star is rising, the winner of her season, Scotty McCreery has suffered a bit of a fall. In early February, Mercury Nashville/Interscope dropped Scotty from the label after his single "Southern Belle" failed to make an impact on country music charts (#45).

Sadly, it appears that in many cases with country music, an artist's single must be a hit before the label will release the album. This happened to Scotty and the sad part is that the song (and its video) were clearly an attempt to make Scotty into a "bro-country" star like Jason Aldean and Luke Bryan who sell a ton of albums with shallow booty shaking songs about drinking, partying and sleeping around. Scotty clearly did not like this direction, but I guess it was his only option--become a "Bro" or bye bye. A great summary of this whole situation with comments is on this terrific blog http://www.savingcountrymusic.com/scotty-mccreery-dropped-from-label-but-scotty-not-to-blame/ which is a cool blog even if you don't like country music too much.

[Image: scotty-mccreery.jpg]

Seeing Scotty's issues with being on a label seems to make Haley's reluctance or careful review of joining a label more understandable. Sure, a label has a lot of pull and muscle to get songs on the radio, but the downside is that the label sometimes dictates the musical direction an artist must go (see Scotty). Haley now has the freedom to work with the producers, writers and musicians she likes, to develop her own sound, and create the kind of CD she wants. And so far, she has NOT needed a label to get CHFIL to the the Top 20 on the radio charts…

RE: S10 - mercfan3 - 04-06-2016

That's a shame. And Scotty made it a point to say that he didn't want to do Bro-Country, even during Idol.

I'd be willing to bet he finds a home though. He's a talent, and his sales are good enough that someone should be interested.

RE: S10 - Outcast - 04-06-2016

^^Scotty, being the winner, was saddled with an over generous advance that escalated with each album. This doesn't compute when it's well known that Idol alum album sales (with few exceptions) decrease with each album. But that's the Idol machine for you, out of touch with reality in many aspects of the music business. Scotty, unfortunately, wasn't one of the lucky exceptions, his sophomore album sold much less than his debut album. But he got a bigger advance the 2nd time, which means the label lost money on him.

Scotty will most likely get picked up by an indie label like Kellie Pickler did.

Haley seems to be doing fine without a label for now. And she's about to go on tour, that's a very good thing for her and it's long overdue.

James appears to be doing fine without Wind-up, the rock press hasn't forgotten about him. The very influential site Loud Wire even debuted his new music video for his single Smackdown exclusively on Friday.

RE: S10 - Himm2 - 04-06-2016

Haley is behind LaPorshe's Family and next to Paul McDonald Tonight! and is that Fantasia behind H.E.R?
[Image: DSC09469_zpsrvhw615w.jpg]

RE: S10 - john - 04-06-2016

I'm glad Haley is trying this without a label. Until 2014 she appeared to be hoping to sign with a label and go that route. Apparently she thought she had a deal but it fell through.

It seems that labels are having a lot of trouble adjusting to the rapidly changing landscape of the music industry, and many will probably never adjust. While once essential, now the question becomes what is the role of the label. Getting radio play? Distribution? Wise advise and management? It all seems pretty dicey. Recall what a great job Interscope did in promoting her record. And they gave "creative" input by bringing in BOB to do a rap that she eventually replaced in live performances. He was just a name to put on the CD cover.

Haley's invovlement with PMJ may have been fortunately in more ways than gaining exposure and experience on stage. Scott has a do-it-yourself mindset and views record deals with labels as loans with bad terms. Working with Scott that gave Haley the chance to see other ways of approaching the music business. I'm sure she has picked Scott's brain about some of these matters.

Now she is doing it her way. There seem to be a lot of players involved in the process of getting the record out and touring, which might be nerve racking at times, but she is gaining more experience with the ins and outs of her profession. That should serve her well in the long run. She maintains freedom and flexibility in managing her career.