The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
HALEY TWEETED ME!!! (Twitter, FB and Instagram posts BY Haley) - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: HALEY TWEETED ME!!! (Twitter, FB and Instagram posts BY Haley) (/thread-2033.html)

RE: HALEY TWEETED ME!!! (Twitter, FB and Instagram posts BY Haley) - My Alter Ego - 05-23-2015

(05-23-2015, 03:36 PM)john Wrote:
(05-23-2015, 03:28 PM)My Alter Ego Wrote:
(05-23-2015, 03:13 PM)john Wrote:
(05-23-2015, 02:49 PM)My Alter Ego Wrote:
(05-23-2015, 02:32 PM)Tusk Wrote: Funny you should say that....

To her Tweet thanking Rickey...

of course a reference to the umpteen complaints by some PMJ fans about her enunciation in songs Tongue

While there is justification for the complaints regarding her enunciation, if Rickey knew anything about "proper singing pronunciation," he would know that it's bad form to "pronounce" the "r" at the end of a word! Tongue

And if you're from Chicago forget the "g" at the end. Tongue

Well, if singing in a large group, the "g" at the beginning is supposed to be pronounced as "c" (it's too gutteral otherwise), and, unless one can roll or "flick" the "r," it's best to avoid them altogether. If you listen very carefully to a good English choir, the word "gloria" is pronounced more like "claudia."

Sorry if this triggers anybody
https://youtu.be/3kjH4sEvsSg?t=270

And therein lies the difference between singing in a large group/choir and singing solo. In fact, in that first "get" (up every mornin....), she added a bit of her growl.

But in the LoveFool example, while listening for "g's," (which I didn't hear), what I noticed is that the first time she sings the chorus, the "v" in "love" is pronounced, and as the song progresses, it tends to fade away, to the point where it sounds more like "lu me, lu me." Since she could enunciate "love" at the start, why not at the end?

RE: HALEY TWEETED ME!!! (Twitter, FB and Instagram posts BY Haley) - john - 05-23-2015

(05-23-2015, 01:47 PM)Tusk Wrote: Finally.... in response to Haley's Tweet to Matt, referencing Jacob Whitesides

Quote:Jacob Whitesides @JacobWhitesides
We gotta meet up soon @HaleyReinhart

^^^Haley Favorited and Retweeted this and replied

I noticed that tweet by Jacob was favorited 3.4K times and retweeted close to 1000 times. He has 1.6 million followers.

RE: HALEY TWEETED ME!!! (Twitter, FB and Instagram posts BY Haley) - Tusk - 05-26-2015

Quote:Haley Reinhart ‏@HaleyReinhart 47s47 seconds ago

Happy birthday @StevieNicks So happy to have met ya. You rock! Lovely hearing your story at last years @bmi awards

[Image: CF-SaveUgAAmXR7.jpg]

RE: HALEY TWEETED ME!!! (Twitter, FB and Instagram posts BY Haley) - Himm2 - 05-26-2015

(05-26-2015, 06:49 PM)Tusk Wrote:
Quote:Haley Reinhart ‏@HaleyReinhart 47s47 seconds ago
Happy birthday @StevieNicks So happy to have met ya. You rock! Lovely hearing your story at last years @bmi awards

"The Stevie Nicks Story" starring Haley Reinhart and produced by Tom Hanks....2019

RE: HALEY TWEETED ME!!! (Twitter, FB and Instagram posts BY Haley) - Himm2 - 06-21-2015

(05-23-2015, 04:10 PM)My Alter Ego Wrote: But in the LoveFool example, while listening for "g's," (which I didn't hear), what I noticed is that the first time she sings the chorus, the "v" in "love" is pronounced, and as the song progresses, it tends to fade away, to the point where it sounds more like "lu me, lu me." Since she could enunciate "love" at the start, why not at the end?

I call that Artistic Freedom if it rolls off her lips smoother that way.

RE: HALEY TWEETED ME!!! (Twitter, FB and Instagram posts BY Haley) - john - 06-21-2015

Not a tweet by Haley but tweet related...

on June 8 I posted a tweet linking to Haley singing Night and Day in high school:
Quote:Jun 8: John @JohnKess
@haleyreinhart Singing "Night and Day" in high school https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=31&v=HJfja9qasN4 … …

I just noticed it was favorited by @CruzSantiagox who has 97K followers. I guess he played on Law and Order as a child actor, and some other things.

RE: HALEY TWEETED ME!!! (Twitter, FB and Instagram posts BY Haley) - NUG - 06-21-2015

(06-21-2015, 08:35 AM)Himm2 Wrote:
(05-23-2015, 04:10 PM)My Alter Ego Wrote: But in the LoveFool example, while listening for "g's," (which I didn't hear), what I noticed is that the first time she sings the chorus, the "v" in "love" is pronounced, and as the song progresses, it tends to fade away, to the point where it sounds more like "lu me, lu me." Since she could enunciate "love" at the start, why not at the end?

I call that Artistic Freedom if it rolls off her lips smoother that way.

I agree - I personally don't spend time ruminating on why Haley enunciates the way she does, I enjoy the performance. That is...until people spend so much time pointing it out. It's kind of like her nails keeping her from playing piano. Yes, she could cut them and play, but really who cares? She is who she is and I enjoy her for exactly what she offers. Some people enjoy the art for what it is, some live to critique the art.

RE: HALEY TWEETED ME!!! (Twitter, FB and Instagram posts BY Haley) - buzzenator - 06-21-2015

^Well said NUG Cool

RE: HALEY TWEETED ME!!! (Twitter, FB and Instagram posts BY Haley) - mercfan3 - 06-21-2015

(05-23-2015, 04:10 PM)My Alter Ego Wrote:
(05-23-2015, 03:13 PM)john Wrote:
(05-23-2015, 02:49 PM)My Alter Ego Wrote: While there is justification for the complaints regarding her enunciation, if Rickey knew anything about "proper singing pronunciation," he would know that it's bad form to "pronounce" the "r" at the end of a word! Tongue

And if you're from Chicago forget the "g" at the end. Tongue

Well, if singing in a large group, the "g" at the beginning is supposed to be pronounced as "c" (it's too gutteral otherwise), and, unless one can roll or "flick" the "r," it's best to avoid them altogether. If you listen very carefully to a good English choir, the word "gloria" is pronounced more like "claudia."

And therein lies the difference between singing in a large group/choir and singing solo. In fact, in that first "get" (up every mornin....), she added a bit of her growl.

But in the LoveFool example, while listening for "g's," (which I didn't hear), what I noticed is that the first time she sings the chorus, the "v" in "love" is pronounced, and as the song progresses, it tends to fade away, to the point where it sounds more like "lu me, lu me." Since she could enunciate "love" at the start, why not at the end?

IMO, it has a lot to do with breath control.

I think Haley is very much a sound verses lyrics person. There are a lot of clues that give that way..she has a tendency to forget the words to a song, her emotions when singing tend to reflect the way a song sounds rather than the words that she's saying (If you remember often times Jimmy had to stop her and ask her what a song was about..because..for example..."Rolling In The Deep" doesn't sound like an angry song..) So, if she feels that a word needs to be elongated, she'll stretch it out..and because of breath control..instead of letting the note get flat..she'll just cut it off. Or instead of cutting the sound short to finish the word to take a breath, she'll just cut the word off when she needs a breath.

There's actually a lot of singing coaches that would teach a young singer to do what Haley does. (And some would feel very strongly the other way.)

IMO, it seems to be a blues tendency. People (Women especially) with blues/rock influences have a tendency to slur their words cut of words, have strange enunciation (Think "child" in "God Bless the Child.") I don't care, because I'm like as I described Haley in that for me..the way a song makes me feel usually has nothing to do with the lyrics (unless the are exceptionally great lyrics...and even then..the sound that accompanies it is going to make all the difference in the world to me. )

RE: HALEY TWEETED ME!!! (Twitter, FB and Instagram posts BY Haley) - My Alter Ego - 06-21-2015

(06-21-2015, 05:49 PM)mercfan3 Wrote:
(05-23-2015, 04:10 PM)My Alter Ego Wrote:
(05-23-2015, 03:13 PM)john Wrote: And if you're from Chicago forget the "g" at the end. Tongue

IMO, it has a lot to do with breath control.

I think Haley is very much a sound verses lyrics person. There are a lot of clues that give that way..she has a tendency to forget the words to a song, her emotions when singing tend to reflect the way a song sounds rather than the words that she's saying (If you remember often times Jimmy had to stop her and ask her what a song was about..because..for example..."Rolling In The Deep" doesn't sound like an angry song..) So, if she feels that a word needs to be elongated, she'll stretch it out..and because of breath control..instead of letting the note get flat..she'll just cut it off. Or instead of cutting the sound short to finish the word to take a breath, she'll just cut the word off when she needs a breath.

There's actually a lot of singing coaches that would teach a young singer to do what Haley does. (And some would feel very strongly the other way.)

IMO, it seems to be a blues tendency. People (Women especially) with blues/rock influences have a tendency to slur their words cut of words, have strange enunciation (Think "child" in "God Bless the Child.") I don't care, because I'm like as I described Haley in that for me..the way a song makes me feel usually has nothing to do with the lyrics (unless the are exceptionally great lyrics...and even then..the sound that accompanies it is going to make all the difference in the world to me. )

mercfan, interesting points. And I must point out (again), that I spent my first 30 years in music as an instrumentalist, and the subsequent almost 10 years singing in a choir whose director was an ardent fan of British choirs, which are arguably, the best in the world.

All of that shapes how I approach music and listen now. In both, technique and precision were stressed, although the choir director (since that choir, at that point, lacked technique and precision) would yield to touching our audience's heart -- and, we were good at that.

And thus, NUG, it took a mere first listen for me to recognize the enunciation issue that I addressed regarding LoveFool. No "rumination" was required.

But since you brought up the fingernails/piano situation, if Haley could accompany herself, then those many months of no or limited Haley performances after Interscope dropped her, might not have happened. So Haley hurt herself for fingernails (which was always just a poor excuse to begin with).

But, you're right, NUG. Just accept. SMH!