The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
Haley in "F IS FOR FAMILY" - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Haley in "F IS FOR FAMILY" (/thread-2106.html)

RE: Haley in "F IS FOR FAMILY" - john - 05-24-2017

Quote:Debi Derryberry‏ Verified account @DebiDerryberry 11 minutes ago

I’m off to the Netflix premiere party for the FIFF 2nd season release. We will see two episodes then we'll celebrate! @FIFFNetflix

RE: Haley in "F IS FOR FAMILY" - john - 05-30-2017

[Image: DBDx7gkUIAAmg9T.jpg:small]

RE: Haley in "F IS FOR FAMILY" - Himm2 - 05-30-2017

Great that "HALEY REINHART" is finally in the opening credits ( I added little Bill's portrait): https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DBFGMKXXsAIPkyW.jpg:large

RE: Haley in "F IS FOR FAMILY" - john - 05-30-2017

[Image: zjp1LupA_400x400.jpg]
Quote:FIFF WRITERS‏ @FIFFNetflix 52m

Haley is the BEST! She's so great in S2.

RE: Haley in "F IS FOR FAMILY" - Miguel - 05-30-2017

I just finished episode 7. Little Bill turns out to be a problem child. Very dramatic ending. Would FIFF be considered an animated dramedy? I feel like the character development/plotlines are more dramatic than comedic.

RE: Haley in "F IS FOR FAMILY" - john - 06-01-2017

I just glanced over some of the 718 comments for this show over at Netflix. The most common rating is five stars, and the second most common rating is one star. Not so many in between. That makes sense to me, it is a show that has strong appeal to some viewers and is totally off-putting to others. Many of the one star raters mentioned not liking the profanity. I think that it can be very successful and it's audience has had more than a year to grow. It wouldn't surprise me if season three gets green lighted rather quickly.

Quote:‘F is for Family’ returns for 2nd season of laughs, imperfect parents

...In terms of crafting honest, multifaceted characters, “F is for Family” is strides ahead of other television shows. Remember when “Breaking Bad” broke the mold on television by showing that humans can change over the course of a series? “F is for Family” is pulling a similar move in the world of family sitcoms. For instance, we tune in to “The Simpsons” every week and see a family that hasn’t grown emotionally in over 25 years, and that suits the show’s format just fine. But “F is for Family” is telling the story of a real family going through some real shit. They grow, they learn from their mistakes and march onward.

There’s one small, likely self-indulgent scene in the season that sets the familial issues aside for just a moment. The younger Murphy son, Bill (a semi-autobiographical version of “F is for Family” co-creator Bill Burr) wears headphones and clutches an off-brand Cheech and Chong album sleeve. The duo begins their act, and a giddy Bill is happy for an instant — until Kevin punches the shit out of the poor kid for getting into his stash of records. Sue proceeds to smack them both with a spoon to get them to shut up.

The scene and the series let us know that growing up isn’t easy — not for kids, not for adults and especially not for a family. But a little comedy always helps. http://www.dailycal.org/2017/06/01/f-is-for-family-season-2-bill-burr-netflix/

RE: Haley in "F IS FOR FAMILY" - Miguel - 06-01-2017

The profanity is somewhat gratuitous. As a kid who moved to a major Texas city at 11 years of age around that time, I recall being shocked by one kid who cursed. I think it was less common then because the media mainly consisted of the three networks.

Quote:The seven dirty words are seven English-language words that American comedian George Carlin first listed in 1972 in his monologue "Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television".

I think the other reason some people may not like it is they go into it expecting a lighthearted sitcom. To me it's more of a dramedy. The serial format of the show lends itself to character development and issues that build. The comedy provides a relief.

RE: Haley in "F IS FOR FAMILY" - john - 06-01-2017

(06-01-2017, 09:16 PM)Miguel Wrote: I think the other reason some people may not like it is they go into it expecting a lightehearted sitcom. To me it's more of a dramedy. The serial format of the show lends itself to character development and issues that build. The comedy provides a relief.

I find the dramedy aspect makes it a tougher show to watch then, say the Simpsons. Tension with comedic relief. I agree too that some of the profanity is gratuitous. It has these polarizing elements but it seems to be finding its audience.

RE: Haley in "F IS FOR FAMILY" - Tom22 - 06-01-2017

(06-01-2017, 09:16 PM)Miguel Wrote: The profanity is somewhat gratuitous. As a kid who moved to a major Texas city at 11 years of age around that time, I recall being shocked by one kid who cursed. I think it was less common then because the media mainly consisted of the three networks.

Quote:The seven dirty words are seven English-language words that American comedian George Carlin first listed in 1972 in his monologue "Seven Words You Can Never Say on Television".

I think the other reason some people may not like it is they go into it expecting a lighthearted sitcom. To me it's more of a dramedy. The serial format of the show lends itself to character development and issues that build. The comedy provides a relief.

I don't mind profanity at all....usually, but yeah...

and... well I reallly really find the main character grating... he's just not my sort of "everyman" and the financial problems aren't a fun get away for me (never bothered me with Homer Simpson..mostly because they seemed to always be happy with what they had)

Interesting spin on that "dramadey" .. maybe I can get my head around that.

I'll try again..but I couldn't get through more than 10 minutes of the first season 2 episode last night. I think I made it through 3 or 4 of them last year plus the one that Haley sung in.

It's a big opportunity for her and if it's made it to season 2 .. lots of people must have liked it.
... I'm NOT a key demographic .. and I don't usually like what is popular...
lol so what I think doesn't matter.

just saying it to commiserate with other HaleyFans that might feel the same.

RE: Haley in "F IS FOR FAMILY" - Tusk - 06-02-2017

Haven't seen it yet, will have to wait until I'm "State-side" but from reading your comments here, perhaps the idea is to separate themselves from the other shows of this genre ie: the Simpsons and Family Guy (which I've seen it compared to in it's promotion)

Family Guy, while more 'ribald' than the Simpsons, occasionally still gets compared to it's progenitor ("Simpsons did it") South Park even had a couple episodes making fun of that fact (The South Park guys are not big fans of Family Guy).

Because they're on Netflix, they're allowed the ability to go blue....growing up in the '70's myself, I had been in situations where swearing was just a part of the conversation....also the case in the UK, no particular emphasis on the shock of the use of certain words, just a part of the discourse and part of the language. Maybe that's why I've never been that 'shocked' when certain words are used.

In My opinion, it's never the words themselves that are the problem, but the hate, anger or evil of the intent behind them (for instance, I've never been particularly insulted when someone innocently refers to me as "Oriental" instead of "Asian"...if they meant it as an insult however....)

Language is communication, sometimes certain words are used for emphasis, or in particular situations among friends. When you begin banning certain words, then other words become ripe for banning if some particular group decides to take offense, then others then so on then so on. Then it becomes a situation you are looking for how to relate your opinions without 'hurting' other's feelings. Then true communication is stunted. ..If you use that word in a hateful or insulting manner, then that's another story.

Without having seen one episode, I would say FiFF is trying to find it's identity as well as separate itself from it's peers. I don't think Bill Burr has ever worried about what other's think of his language or humour, yet he's built a very good career for himself.

My 2 cents Tongue