The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
Postmodern Jukebox - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other Musical Subjects (http://haleyfans.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: Postmodern Jukebox (/thread-2129.html)

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - john - 06-01-2015

http://www.zeibiz.com/2015/06/zsa-zsa-padilla-accused-of-copying-scott-bradlees-blank-space-arrangement/

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - john - 06-02-2015

Sarah Reich tap solo- Age 9

Sarah Reich Tap Music || Tap dance @ Venice beach

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - john - 06-04-2015

Radioactive - Vintage Jazz / Beatbox / Fallout 4 Imagine Dragons Cover ft. Blake Lewis

Vintage beatboxing. Cool Fun to hear Jacob on Sax.

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - john - 06-04-2015

Quote:Scott Bradlee ‏@scottbradlee 20m20 minutes ago
@JSaysKnee's solo on today's @PMJofficial video is freakin amazing

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - My Alter Ego - 06-04-2015

So far this week, Haley & Casey have been mentioned daily on MJsBigBlog:

Quote:David Cook, Kris Allen, Craig Wayne Boyd, Jordin Sparks–a slew of reality show winners–hit up concert stages tonight. Plus, Haley Reinhart heads home to Chicago to play with Casey Abrams and Postmodern Jukebox. See the full concert schedule inside.

http://www.mjsbigblog.com/concert-schedule-for-6415.htm

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - mercfan3 - 06-06-2015

That's interesting. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it, but by the end my feeling was that it was great.

I've actually wondered if Blake has had some influence on Haley when it comes to sound effects. She seems to be doing some things lately (the saxophone/harmonica sound effects..cupping the mic to create different sounds..) that I don't know that she would have done before..or been interested in before. But then at the same time, she does love making voices..so you never know. Tongue

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - Tom22 - 06-06-2015

(06-06-2015, 09:21 AM)mercfan3 Wrote: That's interesting. At first I wasn't sure if I liked it, but by the end my feeling was that it was great.

I've actually wondered if Blake has had some influence on Haley when it comes to sound effects. She seems to be doing some things lately (the saxophone/harmonica sound effects..cupping the mic to create different sounds..) that I don't know that she would have done before..or been interested in before. But then at the same time, she does love making voices..so you never know. Tongue

I'm not thinking it has anything to do with Blake.. my theory on it was that she's listened to so man good instrumental jams (Dad and beyond)that she enjoys them deeply and wants to do them too(lol maybe she could learn to play a trumpet like Bernadette Peters?). Even though I think most of the people here enjoy it when she scats after a certain point it sort of becomes a bit cloying to me.. not her sounds and nothing about her person but more about a "good in small doses" .. however, when she changes it to the "fake horn" or "fake harmonica" the sounds feel more natural... perhaps the hum or buzz etc of and instrument sound are different in the way a brain process them than a "fa" or Ooh" or "dah" or whatver which maybe we naturally try to process into words instinctually (could the even remind some people of sounds babies make?)

Long and short, I love her doing a fake trombone or trumpet or harmonica ... less sure about long (multiple phrases) scat runs...even if they're exactly the same note but with different consonants... and not really sure why beyond that theory of mine

As for influences?

I bet her time with the Nolo and Irvin Mayfield have a lot of influence on her desire to play her "instruments" Big Grin

---

As for this Blake video.. I enjoy it and he sings well enough in terms of choices and pitch etc... actually very good...except I always wished he had more breath behind his notes
... his voice isn't quite as strong as his musical ability imo.. and that little bit makes the difference between wanting to put this on a play-list for car or walking etc and not.

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - mercfan3 - 06-06-2015

Yea, he has a very light voice.

What I mean, was more of the things like cupping the microphone to create a different sound with the vocal..maybe the fake sax was a bad example. That something that typically electronic pop artists who understand sound (for example, Michelle would do something like that..) would do. Not someone who prefers the organic raw sound that Haley seems to love. Perhaps performing with a megaphone or a harmonizer...or adding beatboxing..it's stuff that isn't vocals, but still interesting to the listener.

That being said, if there's influence anywhere..it actually is probably from The Human Experiment. But it's just interesting to see that out of Haley. And with her, Blake, and Casey becoming a bit of a trio. (They need to invite Alison Iraheta into this mix...) It made me curious. Smile

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - Miguel - 06-07-2015

Quote:Sound Check: Postmodern Jukebox brings past pizzazz to present hits

Turning Postmodern Jukebox — a project that plays contemporary pop hits in vintage styles of jazz, swing, ragtime and more — has been a labor of love for Scott Bradlee.

“We’ve worked out that kind of the best way to present what Postmodern Jukebox is about is like an old-time variety show,” says Bradlee, 33. The Long Island-born musician formed the collective during 2013 after previously posting his musical mashups on social media and releasing albums such as “Mashups By Candlelight” and “A Motown Tribute to Nickelback.”

“At any given show we have a rotating cast, maybe five to seven vocalists — a lot of the performers on my (YouTube) channel — an emcee, a tap dancer, things like that. There’s a different setlist, different songs, different singers from show to show. It’s really kind of an interesting thing.”

It’s also, Bradlee confesses, “a pain in the ass” to deal with something different on any given night. But, he adds, “It’s worth it for the benefits we get out of it.”

“It’s become a very new type of entertainment that’s really hard to describe,” he says. “It’s not Blue Man Group. It’s not the ‘American Idol’ tour. But it’s a combination of all those things. It’s obviously a lot more work, but it really stimulates the creativity.”

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arts-and-entertainment/20150603/sound-check-postmodern-jukebox-brings-past-pizzazz-to-present-hits

^I gather there's been some reminiscing about the American Idol tour while on the PMJ tour.

[/quote]

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - My Alter Ego - 06-07-2015

(06-07-2015, 10:51 AM)Miguel Wrote:
Quote:Sound Check: Postmodern Jukebox brings past pizzazz to present hits

Turning Postmodern Jukebox — a project that plays contemporary pop hits in vintage styles of jazz, swing, ragtime and more — has been a labor of love for Scott Bradlee.

“We’ve worked out that kind of the best way to present what Postmodern Jukebox is about is like an old-time variety show,” says Bradlee, 33. The Long Island-born musician formed the collective during 2013 after previously posting his musical mashups on social media and releasing albums such as “Mashups By Candlelight” and “A Motown Tribute to Nickelback.”

“At any given show we have a rotating cast, maybe five to seven vocalists — a lot of the performers on my (YouTube) channel — an emcee, a tap dancer, things like that. There’s a different setlist, different songs, different singers from show to show. It’s really kind of an interesting thing.”

It’s also, Bradlee confesses, “a pain in the ass” to deal with something different on any given night. But, he adds, “It’s worth it for the benefits we get out of it.”

“It’s become a very new type of entertainment that’s really hard to describe,” he says. “It’s not Blue Man Group. It’s not the ‘American Idol’ tour. But it’s a combination of all those things. It’s obviously a lot more work, but it really stimulates the creativity.”

http://www.theoaklandpress.com/arts-and-entertainment/20150603/sound-check-postmodern-jukebox-brings-past-pizzazz-to-present-hits

^I gather there's been some reminiscing about the American Idol tour while on the PMJ tour.
[/quote]

Or, perhaps, comparisons.