The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
Postmodern Jukebox - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other Musical Subjects (http://haleyfans.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: Postmodern Jukebox (/thread-2129.html)

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - john - 12-11-2015

Ignition (remix) - Vintage Sinatra Style Swing R. Kelly Cover ft. Rayvon Owen

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - mercfan3 - 12-11-2015

Someone suggested in the comments that as long as they are doing American Idol singers, they should be bringing in Jessica Sanchez.

I couldn't agree more.

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - john - 12-11-2015

Irate poster on the PMJ boards

Quote:Don't Waste Your Money on Live Shows

12-10-2015, 02:03 PM
And CERTAINLY don't waste money on a meet and greet! December 3 in Dallas was a joke.

No Scott Bradlee. NONE of the faces being promoted on all the recent videos, except Casey Abrams. This formula is over. They've derailed. I waited a year for my schedule to align in any nearby city they would be performing in. What a let down. Even Bradlee is off doing new things now. THIS is why they don't tell you who will be appearing. Classic bait and switch. They post updated videos every week but hire regional people to fill the tour slots. It's your money so think twice before going. I'd like my money back and an apology for duping the audience.

Some back and forth on the PMJ boards about this issue. Similar to some of the discussions here weeks and months ago.

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - john - 12-12-2015

I think Scott mentioned that PMJ got in trouble with Daft Punk on this one because they thought they were advertising beer or something like that. It's not on the PMJ channel.

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - john - 12-13-2015

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - john - 12-21-2015

Kim Kubart, the Tambourine Guy, on AGT.

Playing guitar on CHFIL

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - Miguel - 12-22-2015

(12-11-2015, 08:50 PM)john Wrote: Some back and forth on the PMJ boards about this issue. Similar to some of the discussions here weeks and months ago.

Now that Scott has the website, he should probably make a blog entry explaining his vision and the practical considerations -- that it's not possible for him to keep a touring schedule and arrange/record new videos on a weekly basis for any length of time.

Tim Kubart on IMDb:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1360029/

Quote:New Video! “Last Christmas,” Vintage Andrew Sisters-Style. Happy Holidays!

Cristina, Ariana, and Sara all have rich, colorful voices that lend themselves so well to these kind of vintage remakes, as well as having a great onstage chemistry (Ariana and Cristina are even roommates). Although we didn’t have much time to rehearse, all three of them were quick to learn the arrangement, and Ariana – a massive Andrews Sisters fan – came up with a few of the vocal harmonies, as well.

As you can see, I played up the “sister” dynamic between the vocalists and Melinda a bit in this video. Melinda, who can also be seen in the PMJ remake of “Umbrella,” showed her acting chops by mastering the facial expressions of a sulking little sister, jealous of her older siblings that are constantly in the spotlight. Thanks to a bit of holiday kindness on the part of clarinetist Jacob Scesney, it becomes a “Cinderella” story by the video’s end.

http://postmodernjukebox.com/post/new-video-last-christmas-vintage-andrew-sisters-style-happy-holidays/

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - Miguel - 12-27-2015

Scott has a new blog entry up today.

Quote:Don't be a perfectionist or else you'll never get anything done, ever

...making YouTube videos almost didn’t happen for me. Let’s go back to 2009:

[video]

^^That was my first viral video. It was a ragtime medley of ’80s songs that I had actually been performing since 2002, but never recorded. I was afraid that if I recorded it, all my technical flaws would be put under a microscope, and I wouldn’t be able to live up to the expectations that I had created for myself in my head. Sure enough, when I did finally record it – making a whole bunch of mistakes in the process – I was a bit disappointed with the results and afraid to release it. I finally worked up the courage to put it on YouTube, but shared it only with my friends. I even played up the fact that I recorded it spontaneously, so it wouldn’t look like I had actually put any effort into it.

Imagine my surprise when, the next day, it racked up over 10,000 views in a few hours and was featured in viral news blogs all over the internet. Yes, some of the comments were negative, and said all the things I was afraid they would say about my piano technique (and then some). A funny thing happened when I experienced that criticism, though: It didn’t bother me that much.

I realized that I had spent a good seven years in perfectionist limbo – time that could have used to create. I had rationalized that I just wasn’t ready…for seven years. Experiencing the criticism that I so feared firsthand showed me how little it actually mattered. I began to think of each new video as just a snapshot in time, nothing more. I was finally free to create.

...The Beatles wrote hundreds of songs, and most of them weren’t hits. History tends to remember artistic successes, while artistic “failures” are usually forgotten. The upside of creating art completely dwarfs the downside. If that still isn’t convincing enough, keep in mind that most critics just follow the fashions anyway, making “good art” largely subjective. On pretty much every Postmodern Jukebox video, you will find both, “This is the best video you’ve ever done!” and “Meh, not your best work” in the comments. I’m not sure which is true, nor am I really all that interested. I’m already busy working on the next one.

...It takes real courage to be an artist; if it didn’t, everyone would do it. Don’t wait till you’re ready. Don’t wait till you’re older. Be impatient, and it just might work out for you…

[Image: Screen-Shot-2015-12-25-at-11.04.12-PM.png]

…just don’t read the comments.

-Scott

http://postmodernjukebox.com/post/don-t-be-a-perfectionist-or-else/

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - john - 12-28-2015

Quote:With Star Wars: The Force Awakens smashing box office records this past week, we recorded this special medley of famous Star Wars themes to feature tap dance sensation (and occasional C-3PO cosplayer) Sarah Reich.

"The Tap Awakens" - 'Star Wars' Tap Dance Medley ft. Sarah Reich

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - john - 12-31-2015

Here are the current view numbers for PMJ videos featuring Haley as the year closes out:

Habits.....4,793,297
AATB.....10,950,084
CREEP...13,673,725
Lvfool.....3,642,836
Oops......4,260,287
SNA.......4,152,203
MadW.....1,053,892

In 2015 Haley's PMJ videos garnered more that 43 million views. Wow. Then there are all the CHFIL views. Tusk's videos had more than 2 million views, and there are lots of other odds and ends on YT and FB. Quite a year for Haley. SmileSmile