The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
Postmodern Jukebox - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other Musical Subjects (http://haleyfans.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: Postmodern Jukebox (/thread-2129.html)

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - My Alter Ego - 03-07-2015

^^Interesting find, John. While listening to Morgan sing opera, I wondered why she didn't pursue it. She's certainly got the voice and training for it.

And then the second part of the video plays. Particularly interesting if not revealing, was the "I'm not an actress, I'm a singer. Perhaps, that's why Morgan changed her focus.

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - Babbs234 - 03-07-2015

(03-07-2015, 04:09 PM)My Alter Ego Wrote: ^^Interesting find, John. While listening to Morgan sing opera, I wondered why she didn't pursue it. She's certainly got the voice and training for it.
What a powerful voice Morgan has! Wowsie!! Kind of strange to watch her singing opera after watching her videos with PMJ.

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - john - 03-07-2015

(03-07-2015, 04:09 PM)My Alter Ego Wrote: ^^Interesting find, John. While listening to Morgan sing opera, I wondered why she didn't pursue it. She's certainly got the voice and training for it.

And then the second part of the video plays. Particularly interesting if not revealing, was the "I'm not an actress, I'm a singer. Perhaps, that's why Morgan changed her focus.

According to Wikipedia
Quote:After college, James initially struggled to find work and looked for jobs that utilized both her operatic and classical training.[8] James did not make her Broadway debut until 2010 in the musical production of The Addams Family, starring Nathan Lane and Bebe Neuwirth.[7] In 2011, James appeared in Frank Wildhorn's Wonderland[11] and the Broadway revival of Godspell. James was injured in a rehearsal for Godspell in October 2011 and was unable to perform during previews.[12] She recuperated and, by November 2011, was performing in the play at the Circle in the Square Theatre.[13] In 2013, James took on the role of Teena Marie in Motown: The Musical. She stayed with the cast until December 2013, at which point she left to pursue a vocal performance tour.[2][9]

During her time on Broadway, she also moonlighted as a solo artist with a backing band often composed of Chris Fenwick, Matt Fieldes, Damien Bassman, and others.[11][14] She has played at numerous New York City clubs including (Le) Poisson Rouge,[14] 54 Below,[2] Rockwood Music Hall,[12] Birdland,[11] and more. Her first solo album, Morgan James Live: A Celebration of Nina Simone, was recorded at New York jazz club, Dizzy's, and is a collection of Nina Simone cover songs. It was released via Epic Records in December 2012.[1]

Her second solo album (and first studio album), Hunter, was recorded in 2014 and first released via Epic Records in June 2014. The 11-track album was produced by Doug Wamble and is James' first album of all original, solo material.[5][6]

In 2014-2015 James collaborated with Postmodern Jukebox, producing several cover songs on their YouTube channel [15] and joining them on tour[16].

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - Tusk - 03-07-2015

Hah... that's where she got it from, I didn't know she has a background in theater, but I was pleasantly surprised to see she posted Lyrics from one of my favorite Movie/Musicals "Hair", when PMJ arrived at their first stop in England, early in their European tour.

Quote:morganajames
4 weeks ago
"Manchester England, England. Across the Atlantic sea..." Thinking of my #Hair family: @kmoolah @livewhereulive @joeycalveri @salgo10 @official_tamika_lawrence et al

The saddest and most poignant part of the movie as the main character accidentally gets sent off to war while doing a favor for his friend Undecided

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - john - 03-07-2015

It turns out that video sequence was part of a play or a reading for a play.

Quote:Master Class is a play by Terrence McNally, with incidental music by Giuseppe Verdi, Giacomo Puccini, and Vincenzo Bellini.

Plot
The opera diva Maria Callas, a glamorous, commanding, larger-than-life, caustic, and surprisingly drop-dead funny pedagogue is holding a voice master class at the Juilliard School. Alternately dismayed and impressed by the students who parade before her, she retreats into recollections about the glories of her own life and career. Included in her musings are her younger years as an ugly duckling, her fierce hatred of her rivals, the unforgiving press that savaged her early performances, her triumphs at La Scala, and her affair with Aristotle Onassis. It culminates in a monologue about sacrifice taken in the name of art.

______

Snippet from an interview
Quote:Question: When did performing change from being a hobby to when you knew it was going to be your career?
James: Well, when I was applying for college and auditioning for colleges—there were some great schools in California—so I was applying to UCLA, USC, UOP and PCPA, and, as a pipe dream, I applied to Juilliard. So, when I got into Juilliard, I had to say yes to that. [Laughs.] I moved across the country, and I was really committing to a life in it.
Question: Which department of Juilliard were you in?
James: I was in the voice department, and got a music degree and studied opera. [Laughs.]

Question: Did you want to be an opera singer?
James: Maybe only for a hot second. [Laughs.] I very quickly realized that I don't have a gift for language. I don't think you have any business doing opera if you don't, and I didn't fit in as much in that world. I think the older I get, the more I may find myself coming back to it, especially because a woman's voice matures so much later, but I really was missing theatre when I was at school. I was missing being on stage in that way and studying acting, and, so, I knew pretty quickly that when I graduated I wanted to pursue musical theatre.
http://www.playbill.com/news/article/diva-talk-chatting-with-godspell-star-morgan-james-187331

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - Tusk - 03-07-2015

(03-07-2015, 09:24 PM)john Wrote: The opera diva Maria Callas, a glamorous, commanding, larger-than-life, caustic, and surprisingly drop-dead funny pedagogue is holding a voice master class at the Juilliard School.

Quote:ped·a·gogue
ˈpedəˌɡäɡ/
noun
a teacher, especially a strict or pedantic one.

A word I had not encountered before... wouldn't a 'funny' pedagogue be an oxymoron?
Maybe why they said it was 'surpringly' funny Tongue

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - john - 03-10-2015

Ariana Savalas "Too Late"

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - Himm2 - 03-10-2015

^^ "LIKE!"

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - john - 03-12-2015

Quote:Abigail Winston ‏@AbigailWinston4 1h1 hour ago
The newest @PMJofficial video was just played on the @TODAYshow!!! #soexciting #ProudFan

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - lovinghaleyr - 03-12-2015

Scott Bradlee-Radiohead CREEP
I don't know who she is but have a good voice
Haley cover this too?