The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
"ALL ABOUT THAT BASS" with PMJ - Haley, Casey, Morgan James, Ariana Savalas... - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: "ALL ABOUT THAT BASS" with PMJ - Haley, Casey, Morgan James, Ariana Savalas... (/thread-2206.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: "ALL ABOUT THAT BASS" with PMJ - Haley, Casey, Morgan James, Ariana Sava... - john - 07-12-2015

I would agree that the social media exposure typically doesn't translate into much in the way of music sales. I do think that the exposure does help Haley a lot, however. There is a lot more interest in her now, compared to last year. A lot more. Some people remember her from idol and recall how good she was, or if they were a fan at the time now feel she has gotten a lot better. Others are being introduced to her for the first time. In terms of downloads and consistent views, she is the most popular PMJ vocalist currently. Her music does sell at least modestly, and she helps fill seats at sold out shows.

Independent artists working through internet media rarely have big selling songs, although there are some exceptions such as Thrift Shop by Macklemore. That requires working the social media, however, and that is not Haley's thing. Scott does a lot of it and Haley's current fame has happened in the context of her work with PMJ. It will be interesting to see how her independent work is received. But if she does promo appearances for her new EP, she should be able to get a lot more attention than some of those Listen Up! appearances at radio stations where she sang in front of a dozen people.

I think the fast run to 500K views on her lastest video is an indication that a lot of people anticipate videos featuring Haley. That include media outlets both online and more traditional. A lot of radio stations have linked to the video and that Chicago station would like her to come by the studio. She is getting some airplay in Europe by some reports and that could expand in the US as well as other countries. It seems that radio stations are pretty retro -- locked into the label promo system -- perhaps because so many are corporate owned. But Haley has a lot of admirers in the media it seems and in the flux of the music world perhpas she is one that can break through without the label machine backing her big. Of course, her EP will have support from ole'.

Some recent links to the video:
Mashable 5.5 million followers
Youtube 58 million followers
RyanSeacreast - website and network of affliated radion stations (American Top40)
---American Top40 - FB
Cosmopolitan.com

RE: "ALL ABOUT THAT BASS" with PMJ - Haley, Casey, Morgan James, Ariana Savalas... - mercfan3 - 07-12-2015

You never know. Macklemore was huge for the Independent world.

But even if she's never huge. As an Independent artist, she doesn't have to be. (I kind of hope she will be though, as I think that is something she wants.) But even so, with Ole's support..she'll be able to make a living making new music and performing for people..doing what she loves.

I've said it before, but Michelle Chamuel's music career has easily been the most fun for me to watch, as a fan...because there is no label pressure. She makes music when she likes, what she likes. She performs when she likes (as she's popular enough to sell out smaller venues)...and intimate shows are the best. There's more personal fan connection etc..and there is absolutely no fear that the huge label is going to step on her creatively and/or drop her and then go years without music. (Alison Iraheta..)

Do I ever expect to hear her on the radio? Not unless she's visiting the local radio station. Is she going to be on bigger shows like Ellen or The Talk? Once again..I doubt it..(not that there isn't promo, but it's just a smaller scale.) But you know what, it doesn't matter.

RE: "ALL ABOUT THAT BASS" with PMJ - Haley, Casey, Morgan James, Ariana Sava... - john - 07-12-2015

Tweet
Quote:I just used Shazam to discover All About That Bass (2015 European Cast) by Scott Bradlee's Postmodern Jukebox. http://shz.am/t248370332

Quote:Ana ‏@aninhas_mp 14m14 minutes ago
So happy ❤ #nosalive @HaleyReinhart
Portugal

[Image: CJwJFzGWsAI_WLH.jpg]

RE: "ALL ABOUT THAT BASS" with PMJ - Haley, Casey, Morgan James, Ariana Sava... - Kevin - 07-12-2015

(07-12-2015, 02:33 PM)mercfan3 Wrote: You never know. Macklemore was huge for the Independent world.

But even if she's never huge. As an Independent artist, she doesn't have to be. (I kind of hope she will be though, as I think that is something she wants.) But even so, with Ole's support..she'll be able to make a living making new music and performing for people..doing what she loves.

I've said it before, but Michelle Chamuel's music career has easily been the most fun for me to watch, as a fan...because there is no label pressure. She makes music when she likes, what she likes. She performs when she likes (as she's popular enough to sell out smaller venues)...and intimate shows are the best. There's more personal fan connection etc..and there is absolutely no fear that the huge label is going to step on her creatively and/or drop her and then go years without music. (Alison Iraheta..)

Do I ever expect to hear her on the radio? Not unless she's visiting the local radio station. Is she going to be on bigger shows like Ellen or The Talk? Once again..I doubt it..(not that there isn't promo, but it's just a smaller scale.) But you know what, it doesn't matter.

well said

adsfadsfdsaf - Miguel - 07-19-2015

Morgan James' FB post is still going viral.

401,536 shares

141 shares in the last hour.

Quote:I really like this! All three voices are great, and that bass player!!!!! Gonna keep an eye out for their show!!!

Quote:I'm not a fan of the original song, but I'm all about this. Plus, it has singers that I really enjoyed but thought had fell off the face of the earth. Lauren Angelini, you might like this.

Quote:Genial interpretación, me hicieron el momento; buscaré más sobre estos geniales músicos.
~~~~
Great interpretation, you made me the moment; I'll look up more about these great musicians.

Quote:Love it. Two AmerIdol alums, my girl Haley Reinhart (who should have won) and Casey Abrams. Enjoy.

Quote:Mom--This is a popular song that's been converted to Big Band style. I loved it & thought you might, as well. Enjoy & I love you! Midge

Quote:A second time around Facebook and it is still great!

Quote:Haley & Casey ❤ ótimos!
~~~~
Haley and Casey people great!

Quote:Wow. Ok. I'm officially in LOVE with this group! How come I haven't heard of them before?

r2s:
Quote: Love this. Look up "creep" by pmJ . Fantastic!

r2s:
Quote:LOVE these two. Of course they can't get into mainstream.

Quote:I love this! Stoney Weaver look who is still singing together!

r2s:
Quote: id never heard of them but i went straight to iTunes after i heard this.

Quote:Woooow que ritmo y voces, vale la pena escucharlo ! ! !
~~~~
Wooooww that rhythm and voices, it will be worth it to hear it! !!

r2s:
Quote:This is very cool. I remember Casey and Haley from American Idol. Nice to see how well they are doing. Thanks for sharing.

sharer:
Quote:They were two of my favorites!

responder:
Quote:Mine too.

r2s (from Seoul, South Korea):
Quote:Great~! I think it's a typical american style muscic smile emoticon
I think by "typical" he meant "traditional."

r2s:
Quote:So talented. Loved it. Where can I see them?

Quote:I was never very fond of the song until now. Some one finally got it right.

r2s:
Quote: I thought a couple of them looked familiar, very nice,much better than the original.

r2s:
Quote:Quand est-ce qu'on peut voir un spectacle comme ça? Et où?
~~~~
When is it that we can see a show like that? And where?

Quote:I can't stop watching this video. I love musicality! Great job Casey and Haley. All of you.

r2s:
Quote:Super jazz mixed version ! Amazing voices , excellent stage presence and all great musicians . It is a joy to watch and listen to this young talented group of a special kind . Thx !!!!!

Quote:Best season of American Idol ever, glad to see this group of people again, thanks for sharing Bruce

r2s:
Quote:They are very cool Doug x should hear them doing creep x I'm going to see them next year x

RE: "ALL ABOUT THAT BASS" with PMJ - Haley, Casey, Morgan James, Ariana Sava... - NUG - 07-21-2015

OK 3 of my FB friends have shared this now from Morgans timeline - which is funny because I've posted it a couple of times with minimal response. I always have to respond and also add Creep to the comments Tongue

RE: "ALL ABOUT THAT BASS" with PMJ - Haley, Casey, Morgan James, Ariana Sava... - john - 07-31-2015

"Ding!"

AATB Euro version passed 6 million views today. Currently it has 6,020,746 views. Big Grin

RE: "ALL ABOUT THAT BASS" with PMJ - Haley, Casey, Morgan James, Ariana Sava... - john - 08-08-2015

I opened the Morgan James FB posting of AATB (23 Apr) and found it is still going strong. In the past ten minutes it has been shared 27 times (wow). It has 25,878,709 views and 589,636 shares. Cool

RE: "ALL ABOUT THAT BASS" with PMJ - Haley, Casey, Morgan James, Ariana Sava... - Miguel - 08-11-2015

YT comments:

Quote:The voice she does on 0:49 What's the name of that? I always want to search for more of it, but Idk the name

response:
Quote:Growl

Quote:Ahhh! <3 I absolutely love this! Each one of the ladies has a unique voice and powerful vocals. Wonderfully done!

Quote:The trio of girls is amazing!

Quote:I love the way they incorporated both 'New York, New York' (2:59) AND 'Mr. Sandman' (3:07) into that. Just great arranging! I wonder if there are more than I missed... Also Haley's voice is just gorgeous. I mean, all three are great but hers is right out there on a completely different level.

Quote:OMG Haley Reinhart's got an amazingly sultry voice. I usually click on these and just listen to it in the background as I work but damn I had to tab in and look. Nice

Quote:just watched creep.. she's impressive

Quote:They wear horrible dresses, but have wonderful voices!

Quote:I love this but I wish Haley was singing the whole song.

Quote:Can we just have Morgan James redo this by herself? The other two sound like they're drunk.

Quote:if i was a judge on The Voice... i'd fuckin' 100% turn around for girl in red's voice!!!

Quote:This cover is one of PMJ's best. With three of the most impressive voices of the many singers who performed with them

Quote:I love the instrumentation, but I especially love how all the vocals are super powerful, incredibly different in style, yet blend well.

Quote:My favorite video on the internet