The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error

Haley Reinhart Forum
"CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum (/thread-2325.html)

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Tusk - 09-29-2016

[Image: 14474360_1060371464082947_7477297471152979968_n.jpg]

Quote:haleyreinhart
Oh ya know, just rackin 'em up these days... Tongue

Honestly though, 'twas an absolute pleasure attending this years @clioawards & receiving the gold for the @extragum ad I sang #canthelpfallinginlove for. Heart It's also been tremendous working with & standing beside a company of warriors, who put in not only the work, but the utmost passion into every project/ad that they create. Thank you for having me be a part of such a special and unique love story @energybbdo @mr_icky_picky Heart #thestoryofsarahandjuan #ad #team #work #win #bbdo @olemajorlyindie #wrigleysextragum Cool
Gown by: @pinupgirlclothing

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - john - 09-29-2016

[Image: Cticrg4WEAAJr_m.jpg]

pj

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Miguel - 09-30-2016

Quote:haleyreinhart
American Museum of Natural History
458 likes, 14m

This man is the ishh. @mr_icky_picky I'm so grateful I could be a part of your vision. Thank you for seeking me out to sing such a classic & iconic love song.. Amazing to see what an impact it's made. @energybbdo #canthelpfallinginlove #clioawards #nyc #giveextragetextra #ad #single #radio

https://www.instagram.com/p/BLAOSSRg25a/

Daniel Kuypers, Director of Music at Energy BBDO. He's a native of Chicago. Pic from his "DJ Chester Copperpot" days:

[Image: MI0001464091.jpg]

Quote:August 19, 2005
The first time I met Dan Kuypers, who is better known to many as DJ Copperpot, was at my workplace, a record store on Chicago's north side. All week in the store we had been playing the DJ's first full-length release Chapter Seven and were growing in our fondness for it. "This is a Chicago guy?" a customer would ask, and we'd beam back, "Oh yeah," as if we had discovered him ourselves.

Later in the week two college-age guys came in and talked to the store managers about being on the lookout for someone selling Copperpot merchandise and a bunch of records because Kuypers' car had just recently been broken into.

"Are you his manager or a street team member or something?" I asked the more vocal of the two.

"Nah, that's me, man. I'm Copperpot," Kuypers said with a smirk.

The first impression stuck and not just because of my naivety but also because of how seemingly removed Kuypers is from the typical hip-hop persona. In a clique where things like blackness, wealth, and hypermasculinity can bring you status, Kuypers is a lark. The 26-year-old is white, about average height and build for his age, and he doesn't have much cash to throw around (although more on that topic later). But when you listen to his music the only thing that matters is that Copperpot is putting out some of the dopest shit in the game.

One reason for the DJ's success is his unconventionality. Not only in his hip-hop appearance or attitude - he is self-described as a "nice asshole" - but also in the methods through which he morphed into the "Copperpot" identity and the sounds of which he formulates when he creates.

Kuypers comes off as confident, yet not arrogant. At the same time he is both professionally focused and diverted by an off-kilter sense of humor. He credits growing up in a poorer area of the generally affluent Chicago suburb of Evanston for his character diversity and general open-mindedness. It is no surprise then that the DJ has grander expectations within hip-hop than to just make cool beats for himself and his friends.

"I think hip-hop has the ability to bring people from all over - different religions, races, creeds, class - together," Kuypers said.

"I listen to jazz, 8 pm 'til 4 in the morning on NPR [National Public Radio]. I think that in 50 years or less jazz will be 8 pm 'til 12 am, and 12 'til 4 am will be hip-hop or some sort of urban music with hip-hop in there somewhere. My goal would be to have my music played on a reputable radio station by a DJ with excellent taste that considers it good music. People said hip-hop was a fad but it's a viable genre of music."

Rewind a few years back though and Kuypers had no intention of using music as a social communicator, or even as a career step for that matter. During college he had aspirations of becoming a poet and an English teacher and took classes to obtain those goals. In 2001, while attending the University of Illinois-Chicago (one of the four colleges he would attend) Kuypers was awarded a scholarship to a writing program in Prague, Czech Republic. However when he arrived in Europe, studies were the last thing on his mind. Having recently purchased an Akai MPC2000XL sampler with friends DJ Sapien and The Graduate, Kuypers had become infatuated with the sampling process. "While I was there, I was dreaming of my MPC," he says. He spent much of his time on the academic trip soaking up foreign culture, meeting new people, and buying rare records. Along the way a good Czech friend took him to local bookstores, where they would ask the shop owners to see their records. Puzzled at first, clerks would eventually return to the counters from back rooms and basements with boxes of dusty, old, cheap records of Eastern European jazz, funk, and soul music.

Kuypers remained in Europe an additional month to hang out with a new musical ally, British MC and Low Life Records owner Braintax, who he would later collaborate with on several tracks for Chapter Seven. He returned to the states financially strapped but with the eccentric collection of vinyl that he had amassed promising a future that would be rich with opportunity. So also began a period in Kuypers' life in which he maxed out several credit cards, spending money on everything from records to spur-of-the-moment plane tickets. Soon enough he had debt consolidators and credit card companies tracking him down and was eventually sued by Discover Card, among others.

On Chapter Seven there are a couple tracks that bring light to Kuypers' money situation and even the term "Chapter Seven" itself refers to the form of bankruptcy that the name Dan Kuypers is filed under at the Internal Revenue Service.

On the whole, the album and Copperpot's overall style are mostly about doing things a little differently and being on the cusp; Chapter Seven speaks the language of hip-hop but has its own distinct dialect. Most significant is the producer/DJ's usage of unconventional sampled sounds, infectious beats and scratching techniques. With this, his debut full-length, Kuypers crafts melodies from instruments such as xylophone, classical guitar, flute, harpsichord, accordion, glockenspiel, upright piano, jazz Rhodes keys, and a computer-generated video game theme song. A rarity on their own, these sampled sounds stand out even more in the mix of urban music because they are taken from different music cultures - Spanish, Czech, American, Far East European, and more.

"I'd like to think of myself as more global [sounding]," Kuypers says. "I don't think I have a Chicago sound. When you think about Chicago sound for rap music or hip-hop you think about gangsta rap, twisting, battle MCs�which I don't really associate myself with."

...In the control room of EV Studios, Kuypers leans back in a chair behind a large sound board, regretting too much drinking from the night before at his weekly DJ spot at Morseland in Roger's Park. He has a few hours to get home, eat, change, grab his records, and run to another gig on the other side of town. For Kuypers, life can sometimes feel as if it is trapped in some sort of weird Clark Kent-Superman dynamic. Then that leaves only one question, what's the meaning behind his alter ego moniker "Copperpot"?

"When I was growin' up that movie [Goonies] was the shit," Kuypers earnestly states. "Looking back on it, I think that movie conveyed the strong message that a search is the fruit of anything. It's finding things, that's the fruit. It's what you learn, what happens to you, the experiences along the way. I was really enthralled with that movie�Chester Copperpot the explorer dies during the search when he's looking for something. When I chose the name, I was like, 'I like the name Chester and I like the name Copperpot, I like the movie, I like the idea behind it. Go by Copperpot.'"

Thousands of dollars spent into credit card debt, tens of thousands of miles traveled to foreign lands, and hundreds of records later, Copperpot has found a way to transcend the character of his namesake by living to tell the experiences of his searches to a growing hip-hop world.

http://www.lostatsea.net/feature.phtml?fid=178114202842f8ce7e7f811

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - john - 09-30-2016

Quote:Senior Creative Director / Music Supervisor
Music Dealers
January 2009 – October 2013 (4 years 10 months)Greater Chicago Area
As Senior Creative Director / Music Supervisor I am responsible for finding or creating the perfect music to compliment a picture. Some of my collaborators and coconspirators include Coca Cola, Kraft, Bacardi, Leo Burnett, Ogilvy & Mather, McCann Erickson, Santa Claus, Tony the Tiger, and various other luminaries.

Music Producer
Energy BBDO
October 2013 – Present (3 years 1 month)Greater Chicago Area
Create and lead the music department at Energy BBDO. Work with internal teams and clients to use music in new, innovative ways while creating value for both the artists and clients. Create bad-ass content that will have people talking, aping, gaping, moving and shaking.

Having spent the last 10+ years in the music business and last 5 working with some of the worlds largest advertising agencies and brands, I have learned valuable lessons in the music/ entertainment/ advertising worlds that allow me to help brands use music in authentic, meaningful ways to reach their audiences.

Director of Music
Energy BBDO
October 2015 – Present (1 year 1 month)
Lead the music department at Energy BBDO. Work with internal teams and clients to utilize music in new, innovative ways while creating value for both the artists and clients. Oversee all licensing negotiations, creative music executions, synch, experiential, partnerships and music production.
https://www.linkedin.com/in/dkuypers

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Tusk - 10-03-2016

Quote:Michael Slezak ‏@MichaelSlezakTV 21m21 minutes ago
"Can't Help Falling in Love"... as God intended.

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - john - 10-04-2016

Quote:PJ ‏@PJHaleyR 2h2 hours ago
.@HaleyReinhart CHFIL cruises past 30 million spotify spins

[Image: Ct5W0N8XEAAXG6F.jpg]

The RIAA Gold record criteria considers this as 200,432 units.

The Kworb estimate of total sales is currently at 240,000.

So these two sources should account for 440,000 of the 500K necessary for Gold Record certification. Other streaming services also count, including Youtube, although the contribution status of "unofficial" uploads is not clear.

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - john - 10-10-2016

FB comment
Quote:Preston Tucker
1 hr ·
Voted "dislike" on radio 94.7 for the first time. Haley Reinhart deserves to be fined for her heartless, breathy rendition of "Can't Help Falling in Love." I've heard tone-deaf, beginner guitar playing college freshmen put more soul into the song! Sad

I have read a lot of comments about CHFIL, but this is the first I can recall that expressed this type of sentiment. A true outlier.

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Miguel - 11-03-2016

The Sarah and Juan FB post that went viral now has 92,000,000 views

https://www.facebook.com/lovewhatreallymatters/videos/991189497570115/?pnref=story

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - john - 11-11-2016

So in Orlando when introducing CHFIL Haley remarked that it isn't official but she is pretty sure CHFIL has gone gold. Big Grin Cool

After the awards this is a sweet capper. Haley truly struck gold when she was chosen to sing for the Wrigley's commercial.

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - rmd1064 - 11-12-2016

Speaking of CHFIL, here is Haley with the Dave Damiani Orchestra last night (11/11) in Orlando FL...including an intro where she talks about the song going Gold and how it all started...