The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
"CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum (/thread-2325.html)

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Miguel - 10-11-2015

View Counts:

YT - 2,296,762

FB - 66,992,830

YT comment:

Quote:I fell in love once, a long time ago. Unfortunately things didn't last and I gave up on the whole idea of love. This video, this magnificent Extra Gum commercial, has made me believe in love again. Thank you.

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - riley - 10-11-2015

The commercial is about to air on Good Morning America! They just showed a snippet before cutting to a commercial...

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Himm2 - 10-11-2015

Just saw it...too bad they didn't mention Haley Reinhart and you could barely hear the audio as they were yacking over it.

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - riley - 10-11-2015

Yeah they were - but it was on which is cool. Even better while I was waiting to see it the Chase SMYM commercial came on!

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - ISCAT4HALEY - 10-11-2015

It sure is a fun, exciting and glorious time for Haley and Haliens. I’m overjoyed following all the great happenings on haleyfans with the success of the Extra Gum video and Haley’s CHFIL song. Thanks immensely to everyone who is posting with their comments and others’ comments, the ever changing updates, the statistics covering the viral video and Haley’s charting on Itunes and with all the great media links to read and relish their positive reviews. You guys are almost as incredible as Haley.

“Can’t Help Falling In Love” is beautifully performed by Haley. The control in her voice always astounds me. Haley sings the song with such softness and tenderness and does not overdo the vocals which are needed to accompany the setting of the Extra Gum video. Haley has just the right tone and phrasing from extending and to pausing words to express the emotion of the song, gives me goose bumps. Haley knows how to keep the performance simple without a lot of vocal runs with just her lovely voice. When she does add a run it is timely placed and gently included. Haley’s voice is completely exposed in this song that any blemishes or miscues will be readily noticed, but Haley sings perfectly without a flaw which I think would be difficult for many singers. And Casey can really play the piano, just gorgeous.

Sorry I missed the GMA segment and I have yet to see the SMYM Chase commercial on TV. But that’s okay, so many others have.

Thanks again.

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - InItToWinIt - 10-11-2015

Celebs News: Extra’s Super Emotional and Romantic Gum Commercial Is Making Everyone Cry: Watch

Quote:As if this weren’t honeyed enough, Extra unequivocally tugged on heartstrings by scoring a blurb with a soulful chronicle of Elvis Presley’s “Can’t Help Falling in Love” sung in pleasing emotional tones by American Idol Season 10 competitor Haley Reinhart.

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Miguel - 10-11-2015

YouTube comment:

Quote:Directed by Pete Riski, a Finn living in London. Took 3-4 months to make. 5 days filming in Spain. They wanted to be sure about the chemistry between the couple so they tried different actors before choosing those two.

View Counts:

YT - 2,505,836

FB - 69,030,595

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - john - 10-11-2015

(10-11-2015, 10:15 AM)ISCAT4HALEY Wrote: It sure is a fun, exciting and glorious time for Haley and Haliens....

“Can’t Help Falling In Love” is beautifully performed by Haley. The control in her voice always astounds me. Haley sings the song with such softness and tenderness and does not overdo the vocals which are needed to accompany the setting of the Extra Gum video. Haley has just the right tone and phrasing from extending and to pausing words to express the emotion of the song, gives me goose bumps. Haley knows how to keep the performance simple without a lot of vocal runs with just her lovely voice. When she does add a run it is timely placed and gently included. Haley’s voice is completely exposed in this song that any blemishes or miscues will be readily noticed, but Haley sings perfectly without a flaw which I think would be difficult for many singers. And Casey can really play the piano, just gorgeous.

Nice comments ISCAT. It is a great time for Haley and us fans.

Since Haley was hired to sing this song for the commercial, I imagine they wanted her to sing it a certain way. Soft and tender, not overpowering. Sing in a style that sets a certain tone and mood to complement but but not distract from the visual elements of the video. That's my guess.

Under the main YT video I saw a few of the inevitable comments that this one or that one sang it better. I listend to a couple of those mentioned and felt they were good, but not better. But beyond that, they all cranked up the vocal too much at various points in the song to fit with the needs of the commercial. Keeping the vocal at that soft and delicate level is a whole different thing, which Haley did masterfully. I'm also delighted that Haley had a chance to show off the tender side of her voice.

In addition, they will probably have shortened versions of this ad -- like they had with the origami one a couple years ago. Notice the natural break in the vocal at 0:56 <cue voiceover> and there is one at 0:28 also. Ready for editing, but also another constraint on the performance -- timing needs to be just right.

Quote:Watch The Gum Commercial That’s Ripping Everyone’s Hearts To Shreds

...The entire thing is set to a sobworthy Haley Reinhart version of “Can’t Help Falling In Love,” and we can actually TASTE the sweetness (which was probably the whole point, come to think of it).

Tissues recommended for a first watch of this beautiful tear-jerker....

http://nusouthplayaz.com/2015/10/10/watch-the-gum-commercial-thats-ripping-everyones-hearts-to-shreds/

Quote:Can't Help Falling in Love
#3 Philippines
#6 Singapore
#17 Malaysia
#28 Ireland
#42 United States
#58 Australia
#59 New Zealand
#60 Canada
#77 Finland
#80 Ghana
#84 Vietnam
#90 United Kingdom
#134 Sweden
#147 Indonesia
#148 Hong Kong
#163 Poland
#193 Taiwan

Oops... I Did It Again
#23 Romania

http://kworb.net/itunes/artist/haleyreinhart.html

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Himm2 - 10-11-2015

(10-11-2015, 12:07 PM)john Wrote: Since Haley was hired to sing this song for the commercial, I imagine they wanted her to sing it a certain way. Soft and tender, not overpowering. Sing in a style that sets a certain tone and mood to complement but but not distract from the visual elements of the video. That's my guess.

Last night Harry said they got a preview of the audio. The Wrigley Ad People specifically asked Ole' for Haley Reinhart and traveled to the studio to get the results they were seeking. They asked for it to be sung "sparse" which I guess means "tenderly". It fits the mood perfectly...unlike the vocal gymnastics that Jena Irene & Christina Grimmie added to show off their stuff. It was just Haley's voice and Casey's piano...nothing else...pure and simple.

I agree Haley did it masterfully. For me Haley just doesn't sing her voice is like an instrument almost - I don't know how to describe it really but I love it. I was thinking today that I read somewhere here a long time ago that Haley said she was not a ballad singer, when you think about it Undone, Creep and now this - well really resonate with people. She can sing just about anything and pull it off, maybe that is why I lover her and her style?