The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
"CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum (/thread-2325.html)

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Miguel - 10-12-2015

Most recent YT comment on one of the unofficial videos:

Quote:this video is amazing. it brings back memories of me & my wife. we met in college, got married a year after and 19 years later, she passed away. 6 months ago. Damn. this hurts a lot & Yes, love matters. I missed her & falling in love with her again. thanks for sharing this video.

tweet:

Quote:my life is over because of a gum commercial I saw it before but without sound and the song shattered me tbh

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Tusk - 10-12-2015

Hmm... aparently it's been on TV..

Quote:Vanessa Salles ‏@vsalles_ 4h4 hours ago (New Jersey)
.@HaleyReinhart's version of #CantHelpFallingInLove is all I've ever needed in life. So, so goodHeart

Quote:Hayli Wells ‏@hayliwellss 1h1 hour ago
@vsalles_ @HaleyReinhart was it on Grey's the other night?? I heard it on something and now can't remember

@vsalles_ @HaleyReinhart wait it was an Extra gum commercial

Quote:Vanessa Salles ‏@vsalles_ 1h1 hour ago
@hayliwellss @HaleyReinhart yup, the commercial!!!!!

@vsalles_ @HaleyReinhart I cried

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - john - 10-12-2015

Quote:Olivia Goldsmith 6 minutes ago
What brought me here is to figure out why no one has mentioned the direct rip off of Ingrid Michelson. This is the exact arrangement of falling in love done by Ingrid i have been listening to it for years. The fact that she is not the one singing in the commercial is appalling.

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Tusk - 10-12-2015

Quote:Janelle ‏@IhartZeReinhart 3h3 hours ago
My teacher showed the gum commercial in class today cause shes in love with it and so many people asked who was singing omf

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Miguel - 10-12-2015

Comment on YT:

Quote:We watched this commercial today in our English class and honestly at first I thought it would be some lame commercial, but after a bit I started seeing the message and I couldn't even hold back I just started to bawl so badly

I can hear the similarities to Ingrid Michelson's arrangement. When I gave her version a brief listen the other day, I didn't notice them. Probably because it was a very brief listen.

Though I think Haley is the perfect choice for the ad, I can understand a fan of Ingrid's being upset she wasn't given the opportunity, or credit. Consider how we felt about The Voice and "Creep."

Edit, found this:

"Arrangements are what the Copyright Act calls derivative works. Making derivative works is a right exclusively granted to the songwriter under copyright law. The arranger can claim a copyright only when the songwriter has granted that privilege to the arranger.

...Not only can Sarah (used in their example) not stop the Bobbletones from using her arrangements, she also cannot stop each and every a cappella group in the country from making their own Michael Jackson Tribute CDs using her arrangements."

http://www.acappella101.com/home/who-owns-the-arrangement

Where I hear the most similarity is in the Piano. Though she sings the 'same' notes, IMO the execution isn't the same. She sings in a 'stop and go', stilted way (don't have the musical verbiage to explain Tongue ) Where as Haley's performance she sings notes that glide into each other.

The words I use to describe Haley's cover is that she 'vocally carresses' the lyrics... she's a ballerina to Ingrid's tapdancer, how they get from one phrase to the other IMO, a grace.

Using the Creep example, the same thing. Haley's has a smooth swing and grace and transition to it, while IMO Karen's cover has a completely different attitude, stop and go, abrupt.

(again apologies for not understanding music to the extent that i can describe what I'm hearing)

It's like the difference between wearing cotton and silk. Cotton does the job but Silk feels just a little better on your skin Tongue

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - midnightblues - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 08:27 PM)Miguel Wrote: Most recent YT comment on one of the unofficial videos:

Quote:this video is amazing. it brings back memories of me & my wife. we met in college, got married a year after and 19 years later, she passed away. 6 months ago. Damn. this hurts a lot & Yes, love matters. I missed her & falling in love with her again. thanks for sharing this video.

tweet:

Quote:my life is over because of a gum commercial I saw it before but without sound and the song shattered me tbh

so sorry to here about your wife

(10-12-2015, 10:40 PM)midnightblues Wrote: so sorry to here about your wife

Hey midnight, good to see you around. To be clear, I was quoting someone. I've never been married.

(10-12-2015, 10:31 PM)Tusk Wrote: she's a ballerina to Ingrid's tapdancer

That's an interesting way to phrase it.

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - midnightblues - 10-12-2015

(10-12-2015, 10:46 PM)Miguel Wrote: Hey midnight, good to see you around. To be clear, I was quoting someone. I've never been married

oops but married or not it hurts real bad to lose someone. If you find someone to love, hold on tooth and nail Cool

Wasn't there a way to see how many ads were run?

Since the conversation about hearing the gum ad during Grey's Anatomy, I've had ABC on and nothing...

As popular as the commercial's been, you would think on a popular show such as Grey's, more than 2 people wouldve heard it?

Are these tweets of it being on tv genuine? It seems more than 2 nationwide would have heard it?