The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
"CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum (/thread-2325.html)

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - john - 10-21-2015

Article is being tweeted along by sites such as this one, which has several hundred thousand followers:
Quote:Music Lovers ♫ ♫ ★ ‏@iMusicMarketer 13m13 minutes ago
Make Me Cry: The Story Behind Wrigley Gum & Haley Reinhart's Unforgettable 'Sarah & Juan' Ad http://bit.ly/1jTW9Tg #popmusic #music

I think there is some more press to come -- perhaps an article and interview in THR or the like. Haley is getting the publicity boost, but now she will need to deliver if she is to capitalize on that.

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Tusk - 10-21-2015

(10-21-2015, 04:01 PM)john Wrote: I think there is some more press to come -- perhaps an article and interview in THR or the like. Haley is getting the publicity boost, but now she will need to deliver if she is to capitalize on that.

Don't forget, Haley just did an interview after the Hawaii PMJ show that's still to come from someone that has written for Idol Worship, The Hollywood Reporter and Billboard

Quote:MicheleAmabile ‏@MicheleAmabile Oct 14 New Jersey, USA
.@HaleyReinhart Thanks for the interview! Have a safe flight!

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Jastal - 10-21-2015

Wow, wow, wow... what an article! The details are even better then I hoped, especially the part where the Wrigly vp states that in 20 years he has never seen this level of consumer reaction!

We all thought this vehicle for Haley's voice could be a game changer but it is still hard to believe that is might actually be happening. Watching this unfold will be so much fun!!!

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Tusk - 10-21-2015

(10-21-2015, 03:44 PM)Miguel Wrote: While they may have just selected the best image, I like how the picture caption subtly reinforces Haley's international appeal.

"Haley Reinhart from Scott Bradlee and Postmodern Jukebox performs at L'Alhambra on March 12, 2015 in Paris, France."

Though it makes it sound as though Scott and PMJ are her birth parents.

In essence, they really are as far as the vehicle with which Haley has finally got the kind of exposure you can actually act upon. The long touring which has finnessed her on stage presence, the demand that you can actually witness online for Haley at PMJ shows, and finally...."Creep"... It's the rookie stepping into the batter's box and hitting a ball out of the park in her first game... When it's all said and done, PMJ, Creep and Ole will be looked back as the alignment that made it 'happen' for Haley.

Besides, wouldn't you rather hear, 'Postmodern Jukebox Sensation' than "2nd runner up in American Idol"? No Contest TongueWinkCool

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - NUG - 10-21-2015

Yes Tusk! While I still appreciate American Idol as does Haley, I am really getting tired of that being her reference point to the world. This is like the happiest day of my life!! OK, not really, but the happiest day of my life as a Halien!

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - JMT - 10-21-2015

Personally, I don’t dismiss the ‘Idol’ moniker attached to Haley, and still believe there’s some value—despite my distain for the way she was treated.

First of all, there’s really nothing she (and Ole) can do about it. Fact is, she is much more well-known for performing on Idol, than with PMJ-- and any media written about her is far more likely to use Idol, because that’s what she’s still known for. Millions of people still watch Idol (and watched Haley perform every week for several months), but PMJ’s reach isn’t there yet.

Haley was a well-liked, and voted for, contestant, and people remember her for it. From the standpoint of rekindling interest in her from fans who admired her (and hopefully those that didn’t) and then forgot about her, it’s useful, I think, to have that pointed out—as opposed to just recalling the quality and sound of her ‘voice’. That’s pretty clear to me from reading the comments on YT for all her PMJ videos and the gum ad. She’s regaining old fans, that’s for certain.

This will be Idol’s last year, and it’s possible they could get one last uptick in viewership if they can ‘get their act together’. I’m still hopeful that Haley might get one last gig on the show, and I think the stars are aligning for that to happen. If so, her single (and EP) could get a big lift (personally, I doubt PMJ would want to be associated with Idol, and so if Haley’s going to sing on the show, it’s going to be her own music). Idol should want to be associated with one of their alums who is just starting the ‘arc’ of their career (I love the way the Billboard article highlighted that!).

Tusk, while I think Haley hit the Elvis tune out of the park (or as we SF Giants fans say, into McCovey Cove), this certainly isn’t the first time—and so she’s not entirely a rookie. Haley has always risen to the occasion, and ‘knocked down the last shot.’ We who closely follow her career have obviously seen her growth in confidence and stage presence the past few years, but I think Haley has always had the ability to rise to the occasion when the pressure is the greatest. It’s obvious if you go back and watch her Idol performances in isolation—without all the background noise that surrounded her. Her performances were amazing, and I for one still enjoy watching them!!

By no means am I discounting AI's impact to her career, I've always been the one to defend Haley being loyal to her association w/ AI. Haley doesn't burn bridges.

My point is, I'd rather hear her being associated w/ an up and coming Buzzworthy talented, young group like PMJ, than a reality show that's now more about their judges than their talent in their final year after multiple years of underwhelming since Haley's season (4?) years ago .... especially when that association includes that she was 'a 2nd runner up'....Tongue

As far as my baseball analogy, I did state this caveat:

Quote:as far as the vehicle with which Haley has finally got the kind of exposure you can actually act upon

Yes she has met and exceeded most opportunities before her up to this point, but none as BIG as this one, with it's potential for the next level of exposure, THWACK!

Her other opportunities for exposure, IMO, have been, for the most part, 'minor league', Even AI... more often than not, most people don't remember who came in 3rd Tongue
* IMO PMJ isn't part of the 'minor league'* opportunities, meeting them was a transformative moment in Haley's journey. I consider PMJ as the beginning pages of this new chapter

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - riley - 10-21-2015

I am just thankful how the stars are aligning for her. This past year she is coming into her own - she is making it happen somehow and that makes me so happy/proud as a fan. We can speculate all we want but whatever she is doing is working now. Can't wait for the next chapter and there will be one Cool.

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - JMT - 10-21-2015

(10-21-2015, 07:52 PM)Tusk Wrote: IMO PMJ isn't part of the 'minor league'* opportunities, meeting them was a transformative moment in Haley's journey. I consider PMJ as the beginning pages of this new chapter

Absolutely! Ole signed, and then expanded their deal with, Haley well before her association with PMJ-- so they obviously saw her potential as a singer/songwriter. Ole is pushing Haley because they believe they can make money from her talent, and there is no more powerful driver in business. That may not be what's pushing Haley-- I doubt it-- but it will afford her freedom, something she didn't have with Interscope.

Connecting with Scott was fortuitous for Haley, and she has certainly taken advantage of it, giving her wider recognition, additional performance experience, etc. I'm sure Ole is happy with that, as it makes it easier to open doors for Haley to their clients-- and more importantly, gives them a better platform to sell her original music. At some point, none of us know when that will be, her work with PMJ will diminish, but she will always have connection to her past. Just as she has with Idol.

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Babbs234 - 10-21-2015

Quote: Ole’s senior director of creative licensing, Kuypers asked if Reinhart would be interested.

By the following day, she delivered a demo with longtime collaborator Casey Abrams at the piano. BBDO loved it. They put the music to the storyboard and took it to Starkey.

What a fantastic article! Thank you John for finding this. I love the part where Haley's asked if she's interested in sending in a demo. The following day she delivered the song. Left me wondering if this was another "one take Haley" at work. haha
She such a natural. It's like perfect every time. Amazing! Heart