The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
"CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum (/thread-2325.html)

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Himm2 - 10-25-2015

Dancing With The Stars doesn't pick their dance songs (CHFIL) to match a theme months in advance like the Philly Walk of Fame does. I'm happy with the way Haley plays the biggest part in her own schedule and career-path decisions. In the post-idol years her controllers were taking a big piece of Haley's income and Haley wasn't getting great results from other moochers guiding her future. Yes she may need a good manager in the future but for now I'm confident in Haley and her parent's decisions.

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - kaypea - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 01:38 PM)Himm2 Wrote: Dancing With The Stars doesn't pick their dance songs to match a theme months in advance like the Philly Walk of Fame does. I'm happy with the way Haley plays the biggest part in her own schedule and career-path decisions. In the post-idol years her controllers were taking a big piece of Haley's income and Haley wasn't getting great results from other moochers guiding her future. Yes she may need a good manager in the future but for now I'm confident in Haley and her parent's decisions.

What is the gig in Philly?

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Himm2 - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 01:46 PM)kaypea Wrote: What is the gig in Philly?

Philadelphia Music Alliance - 10/26/2015
http://www.haleyfans.com/showthread.php?tid=2333

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - kaypea - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 01:51 PM)Himm2 Wrote:

Well-that IS good exposure and hopefully she'll sing the song that's so hot right now.My main point is only that timing means so much in this business.The song should have some legs and I'd just hope that another opportunity like DWTS will open up.

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Miguel - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 02:00 PM)kaypea Wrote: Well-that IS good exposure and hopefully she'll sing the song that's so hot right now.

The plan appears to be for Haley to help honor Billie Holiday by performing "God Bless This Child."

But maybe she could get a spot on a local tv news program? That might be the type of thing a good manager would attempt to arrange.

(10-25-2015, 01:07 PM)Himm2 Wrote: There is a video recorded of Haley & Casey performing CHFIL in the studio together and it may be released.

It definitely should be if it's well done. Everyone can't falling in love with Haley's voice. A video of her singing the song would give her another viral boost.

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - john - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 02:00 PM)kaypea Wrote:
(10-25-2015, 01:51 PM)Himm2 Wrote:

Well-that IS good exposure and hopefully she'll sing the song that's so hot right now.My main point is only that timing means so much in this business.The song should have some legs and I'd just hope that another opportunity like DWTS will open up.

Well, Jimmy Fallon and The Roots (Tonight Show band) will be participating in the Philly event.... A Tonight Show appearance would be nice. Cool

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - JMT - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 01:38 PM)Himm2 Wrote: Dancing With The Stars doesn't pick their dance songs to match a theme months in advance like the Philly Walk of Fame does. I'm happy with the way Haley plays the biggest part in her own schedule and career-path decisions. In the post-idol years her controllers were taking a big piece of Haley's income and Haley wasn't getting great results from other moochers guiding her future. Yes she may need a good manager in the future but for now I'm confident in Haley and her parent's decisions.

You are closer than any of us to the current situation, and so I will defer to your judgement. Good to know her parents are closely involved. I guess it's just bad luck, really.

I still maintain she needs a professional manager-- despite the costs involved. You would think Dina could find a reputable one? To me, Haley's at the very edge of tremendous opportunities, and all stops need to be pulled out. In business, you need to invest money to make money. I have no idea if she views her career in that way, but sometimes there are unique points in time that may never again present themselves. So far Haley has been exceptional at taking advantage of them.

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - john - 10-25-2015

Ramblings...

(10-25-2015, 02:14 PM)JMT Wrote: I still maintain she needs a professional manager-- despite the costs involved. You would think Dina could find a reputable one? To me, Haley's at the very edge of tremendous opportunities, and all stops need to be pulled out. In business, you need to invest money to make money. I have no idea if she views her career in that way, but sometimes there are unique points in time that may never again present themselves. So far Haley has been exceptional at taking advantage of them.

With a few exceptions, I think historically Haley has let opportunities come to her. She tried out the second time for AI after apparently receiving encouragement from representatives of the show. This resulted in a third place showing and offer from Interscope to do an album. That went as it went, but if they hadn't contacted her this site would not exist.

In 2011 she also went up on stage with Irvin Mayfield at his club and sang GBTC, which began her relationship with Irvin. His interest was probably reinforced by the fact that the video Casey made of her singing with him got far more views than anything else Irvin had on YT. The GBTC video may have also been instrumental in getting her this Monday's gig in Philadelphia, where she honors Billie Holiday.

She was invited to perform at Lollipalozza and BG Days. These were great gigs, but they had a limited impact beyond that.

In 2014 she began performing with Casey, Ballas, Dylan and others at local venues in LA. She began to perform more frequently and gained some valuable stage time. Later in 2014 Jacob signed on with PMJ, which lead to Casey's appearance, which in turn, lead to Haley's involvement. Recall that a number of us were telling Scott he should get Haley onboard as the fit was so obvious.

I agree with Kenny and Casey's mother that Casey has opened a lot doors for Haley in the past couple years:
Quote:Kenny Poo ‏@SirKennyPoo 3h3 hours ago
@HaleyReinhart Such good stuff to enjoy! Special mention to @CaseyBassy, whose musical talent and connections has opened so many doors
Quote:Pam Pierce ‏@pammitzp 3m3 minutes ago
@SirKennyPoo @HaleyReinhart @CaseyBassy Yes, indeed.

Her involvement with PMJ has been a fabulous success and given her an opportunity to tour and gain experience in the company of seasoned performers. It has given her a lot of exposure, and this probably directly led to her opportunity to do the Extra Gum commercial.

While her experience with Interscope fell flat ultimately there were a lot of lessons learned by her in that period; not all bitter. But her connection with Dina LaPolt seems to have turned out really well for her. She seems to have a trusted and supportive source of legal advice and protection. I don't now how she got involved with ole' but that relationship has benefited her and appears to be evolving well. And it was through her initial singup with CAA that a voice recording was made that led to her FIFF involvement.

So where I'm I going with this? (I better figure that out.)
Well, I still believe that Haley's approach to her career development has been very passive. To me "Que sera sera" implies an external locus of control with an unplanned and kind of random quality to it. Haley has relied others to give her opportunities and her focus has largely been to give a great singing performance when the opportunity comes along. She did it on AI, on her album, and with PMJ, for example. She did it in high school when her dad helped her put together a CD to send to the band leader. But in the absence some level of externally imposed structure, Haley has gone long periods without showing much. Fortunately PMJ has proved to be a great vehicle that really has gotten the ball rolling for her. She struck gold, or at least silver.

Now there is a lot to be done. There are choices to be made as she gets busier. One of the least structured aspects of her current situation may be the release and promotion of her EP. People have talked about the need for her to tour in support of her EP but I have had no idea what that looks like. But with her recent increase in fame and exposure she is likely to have more options in that regard and more things become viable (like opening for someone else).

However, with the various choices and opportunities that now present themselves I think Haley needs competent help to manage it. Managing this kind of stuff is not where her major talents lie imo.

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Tusk - 10-25-2015

I seem to recall trying to convince Kenny and others in IDF that Casey is one of Haley's more important connections for years when most were worried his "out of the box performance style" was bringing Haley down Wink

(10-25-2015, 03:20 PM)Tusk Wrote: I seem to recall trying to convince Kenny and others in IDF that Casey is one of Haley's more important connections for years when most were worried his "out of the box performance style" was bringing Haley down Wink

Indeed, I recall that. Cool I think Casey is a mixed bag for her professionally, and I think there is a real down side to relying too much on working with him. Yet, clearly he has opened some important doors and they have done some excellent work together. Add: I am not dissing Casey, just stressing Haley's need for independent growth.

Tusk, I would also put you and other videographers and promoters of Haley's career in a similar role. You and others have helped her in meaningful ways. We've all helped career as a strong core of fans. And she appreciates much of that I have no doubt, but also keeps her distance to a large degree and just lets it happen as it happens.

Truth be told, I think Haley's incredible vocal talent, coupled with her AI success, has cost her in various ways. Things have come to her, and when they do she works at it in an exemplary way. However, I have seen little from her to suggest she has a broad set of skill related to acquiring gigs, promoting herself and the like. The hustle that most young singers must do to survive. That is one reason the touring with PMJ has been so important in her development. She is a fast learner when it comes down to it.