The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
"CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum (/thread-2325.html)

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Tusk - 10-25-2015

Don't get me wrong, Kenny, to his credit, has come around, but has always been supportive of Haley, in his own way. It's understandable to see what Casey brought to the stage and wonder where he's going with it Wink

Artists, especially intuitively exceptional ones, are that way partly because they are not 'like us'. Casey's youth informed alot of his performance style, full of energy and joy of music, that's completely understadable. Given time, experience and performing in front of audiences, he's bound to hone his skills.... Look at what touring w/ PMJ has done for Casey? He's tamed down alot of that manic energy and focussed it into a highlight of many of the PMJ shows he's performed....

Plus, there's no substitute for the magic that happens between Haley and Casey, whether they are a couple or just 'musical soulmates' the synergy is palpable and undeniable.

Don't forget, without Casey, Haley might not be on social media as much as she has been... he's filled in alot of the 'darker' information times following Haley w/ his Tweets, Instagrams and snapchats

BTW, looks like Scott will be attending Casey's Room 5, "Back to the Future" show tonight....

Quote:Scott Bradlee ‏@scottbradlee 2h2 hours ago
Scott Bradlee Retweeted Casey Abrams
I'll be going to this tonight. I might even dress up...

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - XAtlantic - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 03:12 PM)john Wrote: So where I'm I going with this? (I better figure that out.)

Thanks, John! The case you're making sounds pretty convincing.

I do think that Haley has an idea of what kind of a person she wants to be as a singer, though, and that drives to some extent where her musical instincts take her within the opportunities.

(10-25-2015, 03:38 PM)Tusk Wrote: Artists, especially intuitively exceptional ones, are that way partly because they are not 'like us'.

I think that's very true.

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Tusk - 10-25-2015

On Haley and her parents' part in her career.

When I had a talk w/ Harry a year or two ago, he told me that they never want to be 'stage parents' in Haley's career. He said that he thinks it's better for Haley to learn things on her own, even from the mistakes.

He said their role, as parents, and he's told her this, is that if she ever needs advice, they're a phone call away. Other than that, they want Haley to make her own choices.

This just gave me even more respect for Haley's parents as I already had. I have a hard time w/ 'stage parents' who try to live vicariously through their famous children's lives....

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Himm2 - 10-25-2015

Haley's parents are her closest confidants and they discuss things by phone nearly every day. I wouldn't call them "stage parents" like Lauren Alaina and Scotty McCreery's mom was but I assure you Haley consults with them constantly. They have well over 40 years experence in the music business unlike many over-controlling without a solid background "stage parents".

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - kaypea - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 02:14 PM)JMT Wrote: I still maintain she needs a professional manager-- despite the costs involved. You would think Dina could find a reputable one? To me, Haley's at the very edge of tremendous opportunities, and all stops need to be pulled out. In business, you need to invest money to make money. I have no idea if she views her career in that way, but sometimes there are unique points in time that may never again present themselves.

This.

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - john - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 04:45 PM)kaypea Wrote:
(10-25-2015, 02:14 PM)JMT Wrote: I still maintain she needs a professional manager-- despite the costs involved. You would think Dina could find a reputable one? To me, Haley's at the very edge of tremendous opportunities, and all stops need to be pulled out. In business, you need to invest money to make money. I have no idea if she views her career in that way, but sometimes there are unique points in time that may never again present themselves.

This.

Yes.

Haley has clearly benefited tremendously having grown up in such a musical family, and her parents should be a resource for her now and in the future. But she needs management with experience and connections to create and manage national and international opportunities, as well as connections into the recording industry and media. That includes traditional media as well as the all important emerging trends in the online world. And to manage all the other details.

As Haley does an EP, as with the album she did, she is borrowing and spending money. Studio time, musicians, producers, etc, etc all cost money. It is a risk -- probably much riskier than finding a competent manager.

(10-25-2015, 04:07 PM)Himm2 Wrote: They have well over 40 years experence in the music business unlike many over-controlling without a solid background "stage parents".

Yes but that's in another era... The Music Industry and Interscope themselves are struggling to survive in the new paradigm Haley finds herself in. The old industry is shrinking as years go on, sales are dropping every year... it takes new and inventive thinking, such as what Scott has contributed to make head ways in a musical career.

There's a reason Performers perform and Managers manage... very rarely an instance, especially with someone as young as Haley, where going without hard working, competent managers, who know the industry and have connections, works out well for the artist.

Managers do the things (getting gigs, setting up transportation, forming bands, paying taxes, putting together press, manage social media and negotiate terms among so many responsibilies) that allow artists to do their thing, live a life that inform their songwriting, and perform their music. Haley's parents cannot do that for her

Haley's talent and voice is one in a generation, and I think Harry knows that he can only help her reach her potential so far. Where he can help her is advice on personal matters, maybe a coin flip decision... but as far as getting her opportunities that maximize her potential? that takes competent and effective management that he can't help her with.

Parental advice is essential, I agree in that much. But I think the reason Harry told me that he wants Haley to learn on her own, that they don't make the decisions for her, but will advise her so she can make her own decisions, is because he wants what's best for his daughter, so that means she has to have the ability to make her own decisions, rely on them... and in order for her to be able to think hard on those decisions, she needs to have management to do the other things in her career, so she can

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - riley - 10-25-2015

For me Haley has done a good job on her own with her folks so far - I don't know for sure but the numbers $$ based on your demand are staggering, if you negotiate early on and you are not well known their rates are higher out of the gate and then lessen on a sliding scale depending on the contract. Maybe Idol gave her an "ice cube bucket challange" that she did not expect. You need cold hard cash or a stash/back up plan and if you don't want to be in hock with these people.

Tusk mentioned in June she said she was interviewing for a manager/agent and that is a really good sign. Who would have thought 4 months later she would be where she is right now (not me for sure and maybe not her). I would be willing to bet based on recent events she has engaged someone to what extent we shall see. PMJ had a hugh impact but she had other irons in the fire before that (not to diminish the impact PMJ had but she also helped them). Somehow she or someone working for her had to get her the F is for family, Chase and Wrigley gigs which is a total game changer.

RE: Haley Reinhart for Extra Gum: "Can't Help Falling in Love" - Himm2 - 10-25-2015

(10-25-2015, 01:38 PM)Himm2 Wrote: Yes she may need a good manager in the future but for now I'm confident in Haley and her parent's decisions.

Maybe I simplified this too much and the future is now, but I'm just saying I'm confident in the Reinhart Team, however soon the roster gets expanded, and Haliens don't need to interject what must be necessary for Haley's ascent to the rigors of superstar demands...if that's what she feels she needs for a happy life.

LOl it's a forum where people post opinions.. No one thinks Haley will take any of what we say into account.

All I know is what Harry told me, which, again, I think shows his wisdom because as someone who has been in the music business, as you say, Harry knows that it takes more than talent for Haley to get where she wants to go. It's much more complicated than singing a song on a stage

(10-25-2015, 05:35 PM)riley Wrote: Somehow she or someone working for her had to get her the F is for family, Chase and Wrigley gigs which is a total game changer.
Yes, they are called Ole Wink

From the Billboard article
Quote:As it had happened, Reinhart was now signed to a publishing and recording deal with ole Media Management, who’d been actively pitching her to BBDO