The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
"CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum (/thread-2325.html)

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Tom22 - 01-16-2016

Interesting how old the melody is ! From 1784!

from the wikipedia:

Quote:"Can't Help Falling in Love" is a pop ballad originally recorded by American singer Elvis Presley and published by Gladys Music, Elvis Presley's publishing company. It was written by Hugo Peretti, Luigi Creatore and George David Weiss.[2] The melody is based on "Plaisir d'amour"[3] (1784), a popular romance by Jean Paul Egide Martini (1741–1816).

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - rmd1064 - 01-16-2016

So, last night on Twitter, Cecilia Gomez who apparently is a big Haley fan and must have been at the Casey show, said this:

"But she said she'll be going on a radio tour for CHFIL really soon."

https://twitter.com/ceciliahg11/status/688397024929026049

So, someone (Ole I guess) appears to be planning a radio tour? Hope so, as that will continue to push the song higher up the charts.

Just a thought---the "Better" EP is probably kind of on hold until they see how far this goes with CHFIL If let's say it becomes a Top Ten hit, with lots of buzz and excitement, that would perhaps be the time to announce the release of her new EP "featuring her hit single CHFIL".

So as you can see, I am also hoping that they would include it on the EP. The song is already done and hopefully a hit playing on the radio.....and that could help EP sales....and maybe her first single off the "Better" EP--which we all assume will be the title track.

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - john - 01-16-2016

(01-16-2016, 02:52 PM)rmd1064 Wrote: So, last night on Twitter, Cecilia Gomez who apparently is a big Haley fan and must have been at the Casey show, said this:

"But she said she'll be going on a radio tour for CHFIL really soon."

https://twitter.com/ceciliahg11/status/688397024929026049

I glad to hear that. I hope that "really soon" means really soon. Tongue Windows open and windows close.

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Tusk - 01-16-2016

In LA she told Rachel and I they ( she and Ole) want CHFIL to enter the European radio market, so their sites for the song go beyond US borders. Cecilia also said everything about the EP is done, it's now up to how the label negotiations are going, but she's been saying that for awhile now, at least since LA.

If the EP is done, negotiations are probably about percentage of control, length of the deal and tour strategies..among other things, control probably being near the top of concerns.

Cecilia also said she got video from last night, not sure the quality, but will send me what she got

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - JMT - 01-16-2016

As much as we want to see the EP released soon, it makes total sense for Ole to see what they have with CHFIL on the radio before pushing BETTER. The momentum seems to be building for CHFIL on Hot AC and AC. The more stations that pickup CHFIL on their own, the more the cost-benefit equation for spending money on a radio tour tips the decision in that direction. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that to happen. As has already been pointed out, that could be BIG for Haley.

The decision to film a very high quality music video is proving to be a fantastic move by somebody. It would tie in nicely with a promotional tour, as the radio stations could link to it from their social media support of Haley visiting them on a tour. Maybe Ole could sense that the song could turn out to be something big for Haley-- or it could be just luck. If the former, then I'm really impressed with Ole and Haley is in GREAT hands for the future!!

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - john - 01-16-2016

(01-16-2016, 09:52 PM)JMT Wrote: As much as we want to see the EP released soon, it makes total sense for Ole to see what they have with CHFIL on the radio before pushing BETTER. The momentum seems to be building for CHFIL on Hot AC and AC. The more stations that pickup CHFIL on their own, the more the cost-benefit equation for spending money on a radio tour tips the decision in that direction. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for that to happen. As has already been pointed out, that could be BIG for Haley.

The decision to film a very high quality music video is proving to be a fantastic move by somebody. It would tie in nicely with a promotional tour, as the radio stations could link to it from their social media support of Haley visiting them on a tour. Maybe Ole could sense that the song could turn out to be something big for Haley-- or it could be just luck. If the former, then I'm really impressed with Ole and Haley is in GREAT hands for the future!!

I agree it makes sense to let CHFIL play out before releasing another single. The song has moved up on the charts and has been getting some radio play -- now is the time to move ahead with some promotion.

This song is win-win for Haley and Wrigley as is the commercial -- one conjures thoughts of the other. I'd love to see Wrigley spring for a Superbowl spot since this is a unique thing (having the song on the charts). The coverage of Superbowl commercials as a fluffy news item would add attention for both Haley and the gum. The commerical could become a classic with a popular song associated with it (yielding some free publicity into the future).

IMO the music video is a good example of how to make a good looking video that is inexpensive. The SMYM video was a fun adventure for Haley and others, but costly and not effective in drawing interest.

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - mercfan3 - 01-17-2016

(01-16-2016, 03:43 PM)Tusk Wrote: In LA she told Rachel and I they ( she and Ole) want CHFIL to enter the European radio market, so their sites for the song go beyond US borders. Cecilia also said everything about the EP is done, it's now up to how the label negotiations are going, but she's been saying that for awhile now, at least since LA.

If the EP is done, negotiations are probably about percentage of control, length of the deal and tour strategies..among other things, control probably being near the top of concerns.

Cecilia also said she got video from last night, not sure the quality, but will send me what she got

Is this another label or is this Ole? Because I would have thought that negotiations with Ole would have already been done..(And given Ole is really a "label" helping their artists find a label..)

I'm still holding out for Capitol. (And then maybe a Tori Kelly/Mary Lambert/Haley Reinhart tour. I can dream. Tongue )

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - InItToWinIt - 01-17-2016

Today's charts show CHFIL gaining a new station on HAC, KRSK-FM (105.1, The Buzz) in Portland, Oregon, and sliding a little on AC (lost 3 spots yesterday).

[Image: CHFIL%201-16-16_1.jpg]

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - john - 01-17-2016

Quote:Blonde and Dating ‏@BlondeandDating 48m48 minutes ago
#OMG- just listened to this #insane cover of "I Can't Help Falling in Love with You" by #HaleyReinhart - I mean #freakin' #amazing!!!

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - InItToWinIt - 01-18-2016

On today's radio charts, CHFIL is still at #42 on HAC on day #50 with new highs in spins and audience. It also got 2 monitored radio station adds today, WBMX-FM in Boston and KTLG-FM in Corpus Christi, TX (only 2 spins there so far though).

On AC, CHFIL is back to its peak position of #23 due to 3 tunes going recurrent (songs on AC and HAC go recurrent if they have 3 weeks in a row of spin losses and are outside the top 15). CHFIL has lost some spins on AC but they are all on one Austin station.

On the Cool New Music Downloads Charts by All Access, CHFIL has moved up one spot to #3 on Top Downloads. On Top Streams it is #2, and it is #6 on Most Recent Downloads.

[Image: CHFIL%201-18-16_1.jpg]