The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
"CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum (/thread-2325.html)

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - InItToWinIt - 02-16-2016

Mix 94.1 - Las Vegas - Have a moment, Vote Haley

[Image: Haley%20Mix%20Las%20Vegas%202-15-16.jpg]

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - riley - 02-17-2016

Nice that she is getting radio promotion on social media in addition to interviews. Voted Daughtry is ahead Tongue.

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - lovinghaleyr - 02-17-2016

(02-17-2016, 06:15 AM)riley Wrote: Nice that she is getting radio promotion on social media in addition to interviews. Voted Daughtry is ahead Tongue.
Daughtry #1 with 120 votes
Haley #2 with 99 votes
Come on "Haliens" vote and support her HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - InItToWinIt - 02-17-2016

^^ Haley is only 3 votes behind now.

Adweek: Extra Gum Follows Up 'Sarah & Juan' With a Real-Life Couple's Sad-Sweet Story But is the flavor still there?

Quote:...
"Oragami" and "Sarah & Juan" seemed minty fresh ind transcended their inherent emotional manipulation. There were surprising bits of business and heartwarming payoffs at the end. "The Second Chance" repeats that basic formula—but if you've seen the earlier ads, you pretty much know what to expect, so the impact is diminished.
True, but their appearance gives the spot a reality-show vibe. They have a transformative tale of love and second chances at life … so, they sold it for 15 minutes of fame in a gum commercial? Doesn't that seem off somehow? (Then again, in our media-driven world, maybe that's living the dream.)

"When you give a little extra of yourself, you get so much more in return," says Starkey. "And those small moments of sharing can lead to something even more meaningful. This is what we mean when we say, Give Extra, get extra.'"

Ultimately, the film communicates that message, but here's a prediction: The engagement numbers won't approach the totals for the earlier videos. The flavor is starting to fade. Perhaps its time for Wrigley's to wrap up the three-hanky approach and move on.

I kind of have to agree with their assessment except for the last sentence. Hopefully, they'll continue to run Sarah & Juan for awhile, either alone or in conjunction with the new reality version. The good thing is that the part of the new version that would become a commercial is almost certainly the ending where CHFIL is playing.

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Tusk - 02-17-2016

Quote:ole (oh-lay) ‏@olemajorlyindie 42s43 seconds ago
#ICYMI- @HaleyReinhart's #Canthelpfallinginlove is the perfect soundtrack for @ExtraGum's new video. #secondchance - http://buff.ly/1WrHZG4

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Haleylvr4evr - 02-17-2016

I heard Haley on the radio for the first time ever yesterday!! Coming home from work and I heard the guy say her name....turned the volume right up and CHFIL started playing. My mom was very impressed too and said she hit the big time by being on the radio. And then Haley liked my tweet!!

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - JMT - 02-17-2016

(02-17-2016, 05:47 PM)Haleylvr4evr Wrote: I heard Haley on the radio for the first time ever yesterday!! Coming home from work and I heard the guy say her name....turned the volume right up and CHFIL started playing. My mom was very impressed too and said she hit the big time by being on the radio. And then Haley liked my tweet!!

Fantastic!!! It's so much fun hearing from all the long-time Haliens (and her folks, too!) who are finally getting to hear her on the radio. I've got to believe that all of this radio exposure-- especially the interviews on the stations she visits-- will help pave the way for the next single to get air time. Seems Haley is making connections with the folks who make the decision on what gets played.

Maybe my memory is lacking, but didn't it take Adele awhile to get played on the radio? Who remembers that? Now I'm not comparing Haley to Adele, but....she's BETTER!

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Rcul4u998 - 02-17-2016

(02-17-2016, 07:48 PM)JMT Wrote:
(02-17-2016, 05:47 PM)Haleylvr4evr Wrote: I heard Haley on the radio for the first time ever yesterday!! Coming home from work and I heard the guy say her name....turned the volume right up and CHFIL started playing. My mom was very impressed too and said she hit the big time by being on the radio. And then Haley liked my tweet!!

Fantastic!!! It's so much fun hearing from all the long-time Haliens (and her folks, too!) who are finally getting to hear her on the radio. I've got to believe that all of this radio exposure-- especially the interviews on the stations she visits-- will help pave the way for the next single to get air time. Seems Haley is making connections with the folks who make the decision on what gets played.

Maybe my memory is lacking, but didn't it take Adele awhile to get played on the radio? Who remembers that? Now I'm not comparing Haley to Adele, but....she's BETTER!

Correlation doesn't prove causation, but Adele started becoming popular in the US in November or December of 2011, with "Rolling in the Deep," which Haley happened to have performed on the national platform of American Idol months before. The same thing happened with "You and I." It was released soon after Haley performed it on Idol and it got super popular afterwards.

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - john - 02-17-2016

Back in the day I looked at the RITD performance on Billboard before and after Haley performed it on Idol:

(01-05-2012, 04:34 PM)john Wrote: I decided to look into the notion that Haley’s performance of RITD helped boost U.S. sales of Adele’s single just for fun. I looked at Billboard’s charts just to see if anything correlated....

First, the dates of the Billboard charts are misleading. The current date for the Hot 100, which is the chart I will focus on, is January 14, 2012. According to a Wiki article the date of the chart is based on the sales for the week ending the Sunday 13 days earlier.

I adjusted the dates so we could see the actual last day of sales used to calculate the Hot 100 position. So the dates below correspond to the BB Hot 100 date 13 days later (Mar 27 here is the BB chart listed as April 9). [Edit: i.e. Mar 27 is the true date]

WK Ending...BB Position
Mar 27.............17

Apr 03.............10

Apr 10.............10

Apr 17.............06
. .Haley performs RITD Apr 20. .
Apr 24.............02*. . . . . . . .*BB Top digital sales gainer for the week

May 01............02

May 08............01

One thing is for sure, Haley jumped right into the belly of the beast in performing RITD. No fear.

I wrote at the time that there was nothing conclusive, but the trend was right. And Miguel noted that week was the one where Adele's tune had the "top digital sales gainer" distinction. Over the years it is clear to me that a lot of people in the US were introduced to the song by Haley on Idol. And she certainly did the song justice.

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - riley - 02-17-2016

CHFIL is a Godsent for Haley. Good Grief, in a commercial that went viral - it was all over social media, TV now the radio this is incredible. I will always believe Haley was fodder for Idol. Both songs mentioned above they wanted Haley to do it for promotion of the record companies, she took the bait and the rest is history. I still haven't heard CHFIL on the radio yet but hope to soon.