The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
"CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum (/thread-2325.html)

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Tusk - 02-22-2016

(02-22-2016, 05:40 PM)NUG Wrote: OMG has Haley seen this? Heart

I tweeted it to her, she liked my tweet and the original tweet too

Quote:Haley Reinhart liked your Tweets
2h: .@HaleyReinhart gets 3,month old emotional hearing her sing "Can't Help Falling in Love" #SoCute
https://twitter.com/santassuperhero/status/701881833349373953

I also tweeted my Portland Vid to Ellen, Haley liked that too

Quote:Haley Reinhart liked your Tweets
2h: .@TheEllenShow @HaleyReinhart rendition of "Can't Help Falling in Love" live in #Portland, plz consider an interview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3ZfEQ8k7kA

Hopefully Ellen, or her people will see Haley's like... We can hope CHFIL makes it so big that Ellen can't ignore it Wink

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Tusk - 02-22-2016

Quote:Alex Preston ‏@RealAlexPreston 2h2 hours ago
Turned on the radio for the first time in a LONG time, crazy to hear @HaleyReinhart ! Congrats

Quote:Alex Preston ‏@RealAlexPreston 2h2 hours ago
Gives me hope, thanks @HaleyReinhart

Quote:Haley Reinhart ‏@HaleyReinhart 7m7 minutes ago
@RealAlexPreston Nice! Thanks Alex. Big Grin Heck ya, we can do anything we want bad enough & work hard enough on. Hope to see ya soon. Keep rockin

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - InItToWinIt - 02-22-2016

(02-22-2016, 12:12 PM)john Wrote: The HAC chart shows that CHFIL has achieved its peak audience reach as well as number of spins on HAC stations. Big Grin

CHFIL reached peaks across the board on HAC. Two stations gave Adds to CHFIL today - KMXB-FM in Las Vegas on HAC and KMGL-FM in OKC on AC. There are also 3 new starter stations on HAC - Philadelphia, Charleston, and Denver's Alice 105.9 that she visited last Wednesday.

[Image: CHFIL%202-22-16%20HAC.jpg]

[Image: CHFIL%202-22-16%20AC.jpg]

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - rmd1064 - 02-23-2016

CHFIL is clearly a charting song and being played at radio stations all over the country. What is amazing to me is that this song originated in a commercial sung by an unsigned singer with a song that had not been released previously.

Haley has mentioned this "organic" growth in recent appearances starting with a viral video/commercial, then moving to radio stations. How did that happen? Radio stations don't play songs unless they are promoted/pushed by record labels. It appears that Program Directors started playing the song just because they liked it and/or people started asking for it. Also, the Spotify streaming went through the roof, as did the Shazams for the song (who is singing that???).

Truly amazing, and possibly unprecedented. Can someone think of another example of this happening? There are plenty of examples of songs blowing up after being played in commercials (think Feist "1234" or lots of songs in Apple ads), but I am guessing most or all of those songs were already out, and/or the artists were already signed. BTW--my wife and I heard CHFIL on Pandora, Top AC Hits Station today...

Haley is charting despite being unsigned and no label support or promotion. So maybe that has happened before, but when? Love to hear your thoughts.

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Miguel - 02-23-2016

(02-23-2016, 09:20 AM)rmd1064 Wrote: Haley has mentioned this "organic" growth in recent appearances starting with a viral video/commercial, then moving to radio stations. How did that happen?

Immensely popular commercial that served as a music video led the song charging to the top the Spotify Viral Top 50 within three weeks of being released. I think that caught the attention of programming directors (and record labels). Ole deserves some credit for recognizing the song's potential and working to get it out there as quickly as they could.

Quote:Haley is charting despite being unsigned and no label support or promotion. So maybe that has happened before, but when?

I think many unsigned artists have released a mix tape or an EP that contains a popular track that received radio play and led to them getting a record deal.* See Silento’s “Watch Me (Whip/Nae-Nae) and its associated dance craze.

But a cover of a more traditional song? Probably never.

* They don't remain unsigned because the labels come knocking as soon as it appears to be a hit and they're eager to sign. If Haley is still unsigned, it's likely because this wasn't her first rodeo.

FB post:

Quote:Hayley Schraufnagel with Ty Schraufnagel.
22 mins ·

When Ty and I got married, we were babies. But we knew without a doubt we were meant to be together - forever. There were people telling us we were too young to get married, and in any other case, we probably would've agreed. But we just knew - it was forever...why wait?

This is our girl (Idol was one of our guilty pleasures before kids made regular tv time impossible) and this is our wedding song. I heard it in the car for the first time today and I was overcome with gratitude that this is the life we have with each other. We rushed in and look what happened, Babe!

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - mercfan3 - 02-23-2016

I think Haley likely has some offers on the table..and it's more whether she wants them.

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Rcul4u998 - 02-23-2016

(02-23-2016, 02:42 PM)mercfan3 Wrote: I think Haley likely has some offers on the table..and it's more whether she wants them.

She has stated in an interview that she did with Juliette Miranda for The Unwritable Rant series (it's available on Soundcloud) that she has been approached by several people and she's not sure if she will sign with them or not. This was a month ago, and she cites this as her reasoning for delaying Better, she wanted to see if she would go with a label and end up releasing it through them instead of solo. I have a feeling that her now definite stance on Better being a full album instead of an EP, with a specified April release date may mean that she has been signed, but she just isn't able to release details about the deal yet.

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - Jastal - 02-23-2016

I have wondered with all the recent radio interviews, when the new album comes up why NO ONE has asked her about a label... I wonder if that question was considered out-of-bounds.

Also, after hearing her recent series of interview questions, I have really come to appreciate her Josh Wolf podcast so,so,so much more. Haley does a great job of making her answers sound fresh, but I can't wait for the same old Idol questions to be gone!!

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - mercfan3 - 02-23-2016

Yea, she may be in the negotiation process.

RE: "CAN'T HELP FALLING IN LOVE" for Extra Gum - NUG - 02-23-2016

My guess is she has a new label, and can't announce it yet, and will perform her new single with album release hype on Idols retrospective show on April 5th