The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
The Better Era - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: The Better Era (/thread-2423.html)

RE: The Better Era - InItToWinIt - 04-23-2016

(04-23-2016, 11:36 AM)Tusk Wrote:
Quote:haleyreinhart

PART 1: Here's a lil #BTS action from the live band sessions we did over at @Westlakestudios! #BETTER
I took the original demos from different producers and fused them with a hand picked, sensational, live band. From soul, funk, to rock n roll... I trust that this sonic rollercoaster of a record will get your blood pumping and fill you up with raw passion. These songs have been apart of me for years now, constantly growing. Evolving. ?: @eightyeightfilms

The Band:
Brandon Brown – Bass
Stanley Randolph – Drums
Quinton Zigler – Keyboards
Harry Reinhart – Guitar
Jacob Scesney - Saxophone, woodwinds

RE: The Better Era - Miguel - 04-23-2016

Quote:In this podcast I talked to drummer Stanley Randolph, who is best known as the current touring drumming for Stevie Wonder. Stanley is a young drummer who has made a name for himself in Los Angeles and beyond. Not only has Stanley reached great success, he has done it at a relatively young age but networking, staying committed to his craft and above all, being a genuine person.

podcast - http://www.drummersresource.com/stanley-randolph-interview/

^ He relates when he first went on tour with Stevie it was supposed to be two months, but it turned into six. When they got off tour, he spent every day with Stevie in the studio for two months, from 4 pm to around 7 am. He says Stevie is blind, so music is his entertainment. That, and his cellphone. Noted that Stevie has lots of great unreleased music because he's always creating.

Says some drummers mistake shedding for practice. He cautions that if doing the same licks as others are doing is your only "practice," you're going to end up sounding the same as them and there will be no reason to hire you.

5+ minute drum solo:

RE: The Better Era - Tusk - 04-23-2016

Clip of Better's video ...

Quote:TouchTunes ‏@TouchTunes 4m4 minutes ago
Listen to @HaleyReinhart's upcoming album #BETTER on #TouchTunes right NOW! DL the app: http://buff.ly/1pltPLX

https://twitter.com/TouchTunes/status/723980359692652544

RE: The Better Era - dswim2 - 04-23-2016

That 30 second clip of Talkin' About is incredibe! Super funky. Could be a huge hit!
My favorite previews were My Cake, Talkin About, and Check Please. My absolute favorite was Talkin About though

Listen and I Belong To You are completely different then what we're used to from Haley. Like Tusk said, both are really ethereal and psychedlic. Really diggin them. I'll need to hear the whole versions to form an opinion.

Imo...The whole album has a very different sound than what we're used to from Haley. In fact...most of the songs are like nothing I've ever heard before. Absolutely incredible! A lot more raw than Listen Up. The songs all blend together really well. It's still retro-fresh...but I would say it's more on the retro side compared to Listen Up.

RE: The Better Era - My Alter Ego - 04-23-2016

Quote:Says some drummers mistake shedding for practice. He cautions that if doing the same licks as others are doing is your only "practice," you're going to end up sounding the same as them and there will be no reason to hire you.

Interesting. While I agree with him regarding "shedding for practice" concept, the uploaded YouTube clip is, to me, unfortunately is display of showmanship in its worst form ("look at me -- I'm so good!" as opposed to "here's how I can add to your show") which turns me off. The fact that there is no context to the video (how he can blend in with a group) is curious to me.

While perhaps not intended, I feel completely smacked by his ego.

(04-23-2016, 03:11 PM)My Alter Ego Wrote:
Quote:Says some drummers mistake shedding for practice. He cautions that if doing the same licks as others are doing is your only "practice," you're going to end up sounding the same as them and there will be no reason to hire you.

Interesting. While I agree with him regarding "shedding for practice" concept, the uploaded YouTube clip is, to me, unfortunately is display of showmanship in its worst form ("look at me -- I'm so good!" as opposed to "here's how I can add to your show") which turns me off. The fact that there is no context to the video (how he can blend in with a group) is curious to me.

While perhaps not intended, I feel completely smacked by his ego.

It's a drum solo at a Drum and Percussion Festival, I don't think it's intended to be an audition tape.

RE: The Better Era - john - 04-23-2016

(04-23-2016, 03:08 PM)dswim2 Wrote: Listen and I Belong To You are completely different then what we're used to for Haley. Like Tusk said, both are really ethereal and psychedlic. Really diggin them. I'll need to hear the whole versions to form an opinion.

You were able to listen to IBTY? Mine comes up with no play option.

Add: Woops I edited my post instead of replying to yours. Blush But I found them by searching individual songs with Haley's name.

(04-23-2016, 04:15 PM)john Wrote:
(04-23-2016, 03:08 PM)dswim2 Wrote: That 30 second clip of Talkin' About is incredibe! Super funky. Could be a huge hit!
My favorite previews were My Cake, Talkin About, and Check Please. My absolute favorite was Talkin About though

Listen and I Belong To You are completely different then what we're used to for Haley. Like Tusk said, both are really ethereal and psychedlic. Really diggin them. I'll need to hear the whole versions to form an opinion.

Imo...The whole album has a very different sound than what we're used to for Haley. In fact...most of the songs are like nothing I've ever heard before. Absolutely incredible! A lot more raw than Listen Up. The songs all blend together really well. It's still retro-fresh...but I would say it's more on the retro side compared to Listen Up.

How do you find the clips?

(04-23-2016, 10:59 AM)Rachel Wrote: h/t Jake on Twitter:

@Reinharted4life
30 second previews of songs on "Better", available on @Shazam! **MUST USE COMPUTER TO PLAY** http://www.shazam.com

RE: The Better Era - NUG - 04-23-2016

(04-23-2016, 03:08 PM)dswim2 Wrote: That 30 second clip of Talkin' About is incredibe! Super funky. Could be a huge hit!

Listen and I Belong To You are completely different then what we're used to for Haley. Like Tusk said, both are really ethereal and psychedlic. Really diggin them. I'll need to hear the whole versions to form an opinion.

Imo...The whole album has a very different sound than what we're used to for Haley. In fact...most of the songs are like nothing I've ever heard before. Absolutely incredible! A lot more raw than Listen Up. The songs all blend together really well. It's still retro-fresh...but I would say it's more on the retro side compared to Listen Up.

Where did you find them? Shazam?

EDIT I see the post above, but I don't see where you can preview the album

RE: The Better Era - dswim2 - 04-23-2016

(04-23-2016, 04:21 PM)NUG Wrote: Where did you find them? Shazam?

EDIT I see the post above, but I don't see where you can preview the album

I looked under tracks and kept scrolling down until I found them. Hope that helps

(04-23-2016, 04:15 PM)john Wrote: You were able to listen to IBTY? Mine comes up with no play option.

Add: Woops I edited my post instead of replying to yours. Blush But I found them by searching individual songs with Haley's name.

It shows up on my tablet...but not my computer. Strange.