The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
The Better Era - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: The Better Era (/thread-2423.html)

RE: The Better Era - JMT - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 11:47 AM)dswim2 Wrote: Only listened to a little bit, but Behave is really good

Agreed. This is really very fun. Absolutely loved the way it morphs starting at about 1:30. Super catchy tune. The album is really shaping up nicely!!!!

RE: The Better Era - dswim2 - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 12:26 PM)JMT Wrote:
(04-25-2016, 11:47 AM)dswim2 Wrote: Only listened to a little bit, but Behave is really good

Agreed. This is really very fun. Absolutely loved the way it morphs starting at about 1:30. Super catchy tune. The album is really shaping up nicely!!!!
Just listened to the full thing. I'm just sitting here in absolute awe of this song. She really takes you on a ride with it. It goes into so many directions you don't expect. Some of her best vocals ever. I don't care what anyone says...she can flat out sing!

RE: The Better Era - john - 04-25-2016

Behave is a really good song. Heart Haley gives us various vocal and musical colors in a catchy tune. This one is a winner.

Whether it will make a diffence IDK, but Haley and her team clearly have a rollout plan for this album. I welcome that and hopefully when Better officially releases she will get some splashy media attention.

RE: The Better Era - rmd1064 - 04-25-2016

This song "Behave" is so cool, slinky, retro, groovy...wow. On Twitter, I compared it to Sade meets Steely Dan. I wonder if maybe this should have been the first single, -- damn it is good. I actually listened to it over and over, just love its vibe. I think it could be a radio hit....

I listened to almost the whole "Better" CD yesterday via Touch Tunes at a local Pittsburgh bar. It was not the best sound/speakers at the bar and I only listened to each song once, but my impression is that the "Better" CD is a step up from "Listen Up" in that the songs are more layered and complex. "Behave" was a favorite as was "Listen". "I Belong To You" is a Haley takes you to church ballad. Regarding "My Cake", "Good Or Bad" and LIWFF, it was strange hearing them with the production since I was used to the acoustic versions, but all retain their powerful punch. "My Cake" is terrific and LIWFF has quite a bit of strings etc and could be another hit for Haley. As I recall "Check Please" was also very cool. Anyway, bottom line, is I think Haley has got a potential BIG TIME CD here............

(04-25-2016, 02:41 PM)rmd1064 Wrote: This song "Behave" is so cool, slinky, retro, groovy...wow. On Twitter, I compared it to Sade meets Steely Dan. I wonder if maybe this should have been the first single, -- damn it is good. I actually listened to it over and over, just love its vibe. I think it could be a radio hit....

Funny you mention Sade, yesterday I was listening to Sade (and others) trying to find some of the sound that Haley brings to mind with Behave. On hearing the sample my 1st thought was Sergio Mendes and Brasil 66 for whatever reason, and I think there is some of that in there too in parts of the tune. It definitely gives that retro feel with echos of different artists of the past. I'm not sure I care for the distorted male sounding voice at the end, but what do I know. The album seems to be shaping up nicely, and this song will be a favorite.

RE: The Better Era - Tusk - 04-25-2016

I've been wondering who the male voice is at the end...then just had a thought...it's likely Haley's w/ a little studio augmentation?

(04-25-2016, 02:54 PM)Tusk Wrote: I've been wondering who the male voice is at the end...then just had a thought...it's likely Haley's w/ a little studio augmentation?

It could easily be Haley I think. It probably is. Wink

rmd1064, do you recall the sound of Bad Light? Haven't heard anything about that one.

RE: The Better Era - Tusk - 04-25-2016

If it isn't Haley, then it's a really odd addition, a bit abrupt at the end of a very smooth, jazzy song....some kind of inside joke that only those in studio/production would know?

(04-25-2016, 03:00 PM)john Wrote: rmd1064, do you recall the sound of Bad Light? Haven't heard anything about that one.

Quote:Tusk ‏@HaleysTusk Apr 22
Bad Light has attitude, a more rocker vibe, maybe 90's rock, a little synthesized keyboard

(04-25-2016, 03:10 PM)Tusk Wrote: If it isn't Haley, then it's a really odd addition, a bit abrupt at the end of a very smooth, jazzy song....some kind of inside joke that only those in studio/production would know?

With all the tools for electronically creating and altering sounds in the studio and post production, I think it is easy to start playing with a track.

Bad Light has attitude, a more rocker vibe, maybe 90's rock, a little synthesized keyboard

Thanks Tusk, I guess I had heard something about it.

RE: The Better Era - Rcul4u998 - 04-25-2016

(04-25-2016, 03:10 PM)Tusk Wrote: If it isn't Haley, then it's a really odd addition, a bit abrupt at the end of a very smooth, jazzy song....some kind of inside joke that only those in studio/production would know?

(04-25-2016, 03:00 PM)john Wrote: rmd1064, do you recall the sound of Bad Light? Haven't heard anything about that one.

It is definitely studio distortion of Haley's voice. I can hear the rasp even through all of the augmentation.