The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
The Better Era - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: The Better Era (/thread-2423.html)

RE: The Better Era - ISCAT4HALEY - 04-28-2016

This album has so much going on, so much to take in; Haley’s amazing voice, all the instrumentation and the eclectic display of incredible musical arrangements. It is very sophisticated. For me it is at a different level than not only her earlier album but anything else I have heard. Many of the songs are like orchestral arrangements to me such as on Good or Bad, Love is Worth Fighting For, I Belong to You and Listen. Even with all the instrumentation coming at you, Haley’ voice stands out with her tone, phrasing, attitude and power. It is all a perfect fit. I love all of them, especially My Cake, Talkin’ About, Good or Bad, Love is Worth Fighting For, I Belong to You and Listen. But I will have to listen many times to take in Haley and all this great musicality.

RE: The Better Era - yanni5 - 04-28-2016

It's awesome reading all these positive comments about the new CD! It's on my phone now, but I'm gonna wait till my flights to Chi-town tomorrow to Listen to it, over and over again all the way from CA to IL. Big GrinCool

RE: The Better Era - Rcul4u998 - 04-28-2016

I think it's funny how, on AI the judges grilled her for singing so many different genres and not really knowing who she is as an artist. And, as it turns out, to their dismay. That IS who she is as an artist, and she had honed the art of combining basically every genre masterfully into something that is both uniquely retro and surprisingly fresh.

Just a masterclass. And a goddess, have you seen the digital booklet?

RE: The Better Era - john - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 11:13 PM)yanni5 Wrote: It's awesome reading all these positive comments about the new CD! It's on my phone now, but I'm gonna wait till my flights to Chi-town tomorrow to Listen to it, over and over again all the way from CA to IL. Big GrinCool

That will be a treat. Know this: the beginning of My Cake, the first song, is only the tip of a creative iceberg that will be coming your way. Wink

RE: The Better Era - dswim2 - 04-28-2016

(04-28-2016, 11:14 PM)Rcul4u998 Wrote: I think it's funny how, on AI the judges grilled her for singing so many different genres and not really knowing who she is as an artist. And, as it turns out, to their dismay. That IS who she is as an artist, and she had honed the art of combining basically every genre masterfully into something that is both uniquely retro and surprisingly fresh.

Just a masterclass. And a goddess, have you seen the digital booklet?

Agree so much! Haley is her own genre

Every single song is amazing.

I keep playing Bad Light over and over again.

RE: The Better Era - Satchvai - 04-28-2016

And this is only 11 tracks, most written a few years back. Can't wait to hear what she is working on for her next album

RE: The Better Era - makefigure8s - 04-29-2016

For those who like to track (Eastern time):
Apr 28, 2016 23:20 iTunes Store: Top Albums in Pop 54 Better - Haley Reinhart
Apr 29, 2016 00:20 iTunes Store: Top Albums in Pop 5 Better - Haley Reinhart
Apr 29, 2016 01:20 iTunes Store: Top Albums in Pop 4 Better - Haley Reinhart
Apr 29, 2016 01:20 iTunes Store: Top Albums 22 Better - Haley Reinhart
Apr 29, 2016 02:20 iTunes Store: Top Albums in Pop 5 Better - Haley Reinhart
Apr 29, 2016 02:20 iTunes Store: Top Albums 21 Better - Haley Reinhart

RE: The Better Era - Outcast - 04-29-2016

Well goody I can buy Better and I did, it showed up in my local iTunes store today, I just couldn't pre-order it before.

The album is super, it's a really good jazz fusion album. I think My Cake should've been the lead single, that one sounds like the most likely to be a radio hit.

RE: The Better Era - john - 04-29-2016

Album is currently (itunes):
#27 Brasil
#33 Sweden
#42 Canada
#7 Philippines
#55 Mexico
#21 U.S. (#5 Pop)
#99 Australia
#21 New Zealand

2012 tweets about IBTY
Quote:Haley Reinhart ‏@HaleyReinhart
Wrote an epic song 2day. I was in complete euphoria.. On an utter high while writing it w the dashing @iCoffeejr @alexgeringas. #timetodream

Quote:Josh ∞ ‏@HollieCisLegit
@HaleyReinhart When's it gonna be releashed? I wanna hear it soo badly now. (;

Haley Reinhart ‏@HaleyReinhart
@HollieCisLegit Who knows.. Could be next albumSmile

RE: The Better Era - Outcast - 04-29-2016

(04-28-2016, 10:03 PM)mercfan3 Wrote: wow, with songs being acoustic..I hadn't realized Haley made a throwback 70s album. (With a modern twist)

It's crazy..how many influences she has..soul, R&B, Jazz, blues, classic rock..and how she fits it all in. And I love that this is the follow up to the 60s R&B sound.

Pharrell Williams needs to listen to Haley. Match made in heaven there.

Funny I actually hear more 90s than 70s to be honest. Lenny Kravitz in particular. He was good at fusing rock with stuff like R&B, funk, blues and jazz. Haley's good at doing fusion-style music like Lenny, Prince and Shakira.

(04-28-2016, 09:41 PM)Merlin Wrote: Listen needs to be a single. Like, immediately. Move on from Better, it's the worst song on the album, and start promoting listen. That song would do great on AC radio and get lots of plays on alternative radio stations. Think SiriusXM AltNation. As far as Haley's originals go, that song has the best shot of being the big thing off the album.

Listen could work well on Alternative radio. For pop radio I suggest My Cake as that's the only song besides CHFIL that doesn't run for over 3 minutes. Pop radio hates long songs, don't believe me? Check out how many hit songs have "radio edit" versions. My Cake should've been sent to HAC as the lead single instead of Better IMO.