The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
The Better Era - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: The Better Era (/thread-2423.html)

RE: The Better Era - Satchvai - 04-29-2016

Better has that earworm hook in it that sticks with you after a couple listens and stays in your brain. It was a good choice for the single for that reason.

RE: The Better Era - Nicicarus - 04-29-2016

Ready for the deluxe version with 6 added songs Haley. (including Lover Girl)...

too soon?

RE: The Better Era - fabiocabralo - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 08:34 AM)Nicicarus Wrote: Ready for the deluxe version with 6 added songs Haley. (including Lover Girl)...

too soon?

Is that for real??? Too good to be true!

RE: The Better Era - Nicicarus - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 08:42 AM)fabiocabralo Wrote:
(04-29-2016, 08:34 AM)Nicicarus Wrote: Ready for the deluxe version with 6 added songs Haley. (including Lover Girl)...

too soon?

Is that for real??? Too good to be true!

not real, just wishing

RE: The Better Era - XAtlantic - 04-29-2016

I've been listening to it all day ... at work, during travel, in quiet minutes. So much to explore! Somehow it is too early for me to take all of it in, in its many facets, there is so much. What an incredibly good album! So some random thoughts for now!

* Just a short while ago we were excited about a 6-song EP ... and now we have a full-length album, isn't that just suuuchhh a great thing, I am so very thankful for it. Anything less would not be reflective of where Haley's at now, really.

* Speaking of which, I am very impressed with the self-confidence, the security, the self-consciousness, the instinct with which she now routinely appears. It is so noticeable that she's fully coming into her own even more, and trusting in it. It's visible in the Better video, the photos, the songs, the interviews, even on twitter, just all around.

* Love it that all 11 songs have real endings. Most of which are pretty darn interesting in themselves!

* At this point, my personal absolute favorite is still "Behave". But this CD does not lend itself to ranking, it is too multi-dimensional for that. But Behave ....

* I am totally impressed with the level of production that she somehow found ways to happen. And the funky bass that is just everywhere and oh so deep.

* Even though I personally don't right now rank "Better" as in my top-5 songs on the album, I do notice that I can't get it out of my brains either.

* The EP to LP expansion: would it have happened without Scott? Would Extra Gum have happened? Just because Scott is not in the long list of acknowledgements (meaning they are directed specifically just at the album and its production - but maybe Scott did contribute to that by making Creep happen ... just random thoughts)

Haley must be so incredibly proud that she now has 2 albums that will absolutely stand the test of time, that she will never have to have second thoughts about looking back. If 3 years is what it takes to get there, I am all for it!

RE: The Better Era - JMT - 04-29-2016

The record is full of surprises, for sure-- especially the arrangements on the songs she's been singing for awhile. I'm really digging the three songs in the middle, Check Please, Bad Light, and Talkin' About. They're definitely fun throw-backs to listen to. I find it interesting that Haley stacked the three big "anthems" at the end of the record, LIWFF, I Belong to You and Listen. It's like she's saying, "I'm feelin good (and Better), so let's finish this off super upbeat!". The entire record as a very cool ebb and flow to it, that seems to be very well thought out IMO.

(04-29-2016, 09:24 AM)XAtlantic Wrote: Speaking of which, I am very impressed with the self-confidence, the security, the self-consciousness, the instinct with which she now routinely appears. It is so noticeable that she's fully coming into her own even more, and trusting in it. It's visible in the Better video, the photos, the songs, the interviews, even on twitter, just all around.

This morning's interview on the Chicago TV show is a perfect example of that. She comes across as super confident and articulate. The two hosts had nice things to say about Better as a single. Let's hope it starts to get some airplay.

RE: The Better Era - kaypea - 04-29-2016

I've only listened to the samples but just ordered my copy.This album sounds awfully impressive.From what I've heard it showcases all of Haley's best attributes.That voice is just so compelling.Can't wait to hear the whole thing.

RE: The Better Era - Jastal - 04-29-2016

Boy after 4 years, I am so happy how Haley has really delivered the goods! There are soo many great songs with such variety that my favorites will likely vary by mood; funk, ballad, dance. Each song is so well made and polished and best of all IMO is how her voice really shines threw. It will be very interesting to see what will emerge to be my favorites and for every one else. I predict that it will vary wildly. (My early favs for the newest songs are Check Please, I Belong to You and Listen but that may change tomorrow.)

I agree with those who feel Better wasn't the best lead song, but the studio version sounds pretty good and the video is very cute. I think this song is important to Haley more because it represents her "empowerment" message than the song itself.

My one criticism is that her glorious "My Cake" scatting is too short..Smile

RE: The Better Era - Miguel - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 09:24 AM)XAtlantic Wrote: Speaking of which, I am very impressed with the self-confidence, the security, the self-consciousness, the instinct with which she now routinely appears. It is so noticeable that she's fully coming into her own even more, and trusting in it.

The public acclaim for her appearances with PMJ and for Extra Gum likely contributed to that. As did releasing a second album independently.

Quote:♫Let's Run Away♫ ‏@jerryt9789 2h

Check it out, @HaleyReinhart 's album "Better" is at #11 on iTunes

[Image: ChN3LOsWgAIBrsT.jpg]

RE: The Better Era - Merlin - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 04:38 AM)Outcast Wrote:
(04-28-2016, 10:03 PM)mercfan3 Wrote: wow, with songs being acoustic..I hadn't realized Haley made a throwback 70s album. (With a modern twist)

It's crazy..how many influences she has..soul, R&B, Jazz, blues, classic rock..and how she fits it all in. And I love that this is the follow up to the 60s R&B sound.

Pharrell Williams needs to listen to Haley. Match made in heaven there.

Funny I actually hear more 90s than 70s to be honest. Lenny Kravitz in particular. He was good at fusing rock with stuff like R&B, funk, blues and jazz. Haley's good at doing fusion-style music like Lenny, Prince and Shakira.

(04-28-2016, 09:41 PM)Merlin Wrote: Listen needs to be a single. Like, immediately. Move on from Better, it's the worst song on the album, and start promoting listen. That song would do great on AC radio and get lots of plays on alternative radio stations. Think SiriusXM AltNation. As far as Haley's originals go, that song has the best shot of being the big thing off the album.

Listen could work well on Alternative radio. For pop radio I suggest My Cake as that's the only song besides CHFIL that doesn't run for over 3 minutes. Pop radio hates long songs, don't believe me? Check out how many hit songs have "radio edit" versions. My Cake should've been sent to HAC as the lead single instead of Better IMO.

My Cake is not fit for pop radio at all, lol. And most standard radio songs are over three minutes so I'm not sure what you're talking about there. Even the radio edits you're referring to. But My Cake simply is not the type of song to do well on the airwaves, just because of how it is sonically.

As a young person who listens to a ton of pop and pop radio and who even follows the Billboard charts super closely, Listen was the only song that stood out to me as one that could be successful as a single. In the end I don't think that type of success ultimately matters for this record, the album was a reward in and of itself. But if Haley is maybe hoping that she can reap some more success from one of the songs as a single? She needs to promote Listen.