The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message

Haley Reinhart Forum
The Better Era - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: The Better Era (/thread-2423.html)

RE: The Better Era - Miguel - 04-29-2016

Quote:Jacob Scesney shared Haley Reinhart's video — feeling BETTER.
4 mins ·

TODAY IS THE DAY! Haley Reinhart just dropped her sophomore album ‪#‎Better‬ and i'm just as excited as all of you! Honored to have recorded percussion and the horn lines I wrote.

ALSO check out the rooftop appearance in the single's M.V.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-kzCffQQQE&feature=youtu.be
So happy and proud for this truly original soul, love ya Haley!

RE: The Better Era - Nicicarus - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 10:42 AM)Merlin Wrote:
(04-29-2016, 04:38 AM)Outcast Wrote:
(04-28-2016, 10:03 PM)mercfan3 Wrote: wow, with songs being acoustic..I hadn't realized Haley made a throwback 70s album. (With a modern twist)

It's crazy..how many influences she has..soul, R&B, Jazz, blues, classic rock..and how she fits it all in. And I love that this is the follow up to the 60s R&B sound.

Pharrell Williams needs to listen to Haley. Match made in heaven there.

Funny I actually hear more 90s than 70s to be honest. Lenny Kravitz in particular. He was good at fusing rock with stuff like R&B, funk, blues and jazz. Haley's good at doing fusion-style music like Lenny, Prince and Shakira.

(04-28-2016, 09:41 PM)Merlin Wrote: Listen needs to be a single. Like, immediately. Move on from Better, it's the worst song on the album, and start promoting listen. That song would do great on AC radio and get lots of plays on alternative radio stations. Think SiriusXM AltNation. As far as Haley's originals go, that song has the best shot of being the big thing off the album.

Listen could work well on Alternative radio. For pop radio I suggest My Cake as that's the only song besides CHFIL that doesn't run for over 3 minutes. Pop radio hates long songs, don't believe me? Check out how many hit songs have "radio edit" versions. My Cake should've been sent to HAC as the lead single instead of Better IMO.

My Cake is not fit for pop radio at all, lol. And most standard radio songs are over three minutes so I'm not sure what you're talking about there. Even the radio edits you're referring to. But My Cake simply is not the type of song to do well on the airwaves, just because of how it is sonically.

As a young person who listens to a ton of pop and pop radio and who even follows the Billboard charts super closely, Listen was the only song that stood out to me as one that could be successful as a single. In the end I don't think that type of success ultimately matters for this record, the album was a reward in and of itself. But if Haley is maybe hoping that she can reap some more success from one of the songs as a single? She needs to promote Listen.

100% agree. I did hear that most hits are under 3 minutes though. My favorites are Check Please, Bad Light, I Belong to You and Listen. I agree that Listen would be the safest bet for a stand alone single (alternative song for radio). and it would create traffic for the first album Listen Up! when the song is searched. She may end up picking Listen due to itunes sales already. its the top song besides CHFIL and Better.

Anyone else get Lady Gaga vibes from I Belong to You in the chorus?

RE: The Better Era - Tusk - 04-29-2016

Yesterday, Haley liked a tweet I sent asking her to confirm the Beatle-esque influence in the last minute of #Behave. The instrumentation, the layering of audio, the marching like cadence ( I can't put my finger on which song it reminds me of....perhaps the end of #IAmAWalrus? BlushHuh )

I said it before #Better came out, I still believe it, #Listen is the stand out of standouts on the album IMO

It's got so many things working in it, musically, stylistically, lyrically....I just am in absolute love with the Jefferson Airplane psychedelic beginning...that transitions into a #LionKing like mantra at the end...powerful song Heart

RE: The Better Era - hotuofi1 - 04-29-2016

I've now listened to every song 5+ times... here are my thoughts:

Overall, In the words of Jlo.... "Haley, look what you are capable of!!" The fact that she pulled this caliber of album off without a label, on her own is incredible and speaks to her true artistry. I don't think it's perfect - she might not have radio hits, and some of the lyrics for me could have been stronger, but overall it's VERY strong.

Best Songs IMO (in no particular order):
- Listen
- Behave
- Talkin' About
- I Belong To You
- Bad Light
- CHFIL (Duh)

I like Good or Bad and Better as well but not my favorites. I find myself listing to "My Cake" a lot, it's great but I still dislike the chorus lyrics. I have loved "LIWFF" previously (live videos), but the production ruins it for me - I was hoping for Adele vibes on that song. The only song I don't like at all is "Check Please", it's just does nothing for me.

Does anyone know if Haley plans to explore label offers after this? I know she had a few on the table after CHFIL blew up, but decided to pass and release "Better" on her own. Just hoping someone scoops her up - with the right songs she should be a superstar.

RE: The Better Era - john - 04-29-2016

(04-29-2016, 12:22 PM)Tusk Wrote: Yesterday, Haley liked a tweet I sent asking her to confirm the Beatle-esque influence in the last minute of #Behave. The instrumentation, the layering of audio, the marching like cadence ( I can't put my finger on which song it reminds me of....perhaps the end of #IAmAWalrus? BlushHuh )

:

Maybe a bit of You Never Give Me Your Money Huh
https://youtu.be/oBk4RDa3xWw?t=204

I guess ole put out a press release that is getting picked up by financial media.
Quote:Haley Reinhart Releases Sophomore Album “Better” April 29th on ole and red dot
Business Wire ole

TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--

The acclaimed singer-songwriter Haley Reinhart has announced the release of her sophomore album, Better, April 29th on ole and red dot. It features the current title track single, “Better,” which had its exclusive video premiere on Billboard and is already being enthusiastically supported by iHeartRadio.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/haley-reinhart-releases-sophomore-album-181400809.html

RE: The Better Era - Miguel - 04-29-2016

Quote:Nathan Sirotta
32 mins · Los Angeles, CA ·
congratulations to the amazing Haley Reinhart on her new album 'better,' which is officially out today. it is rare that I get to work with someone who is equally as humble as they are talented. you deserve every bit of success that is coming your way - keep crushin' it!
^ Founder of Impulse Artists (digital publicist)

Quote:Derek Spartz
1 hr · Los Angeles, CA ·

Super proud of this girl and what she's accomplishing - don't miss out on Haley Reinhart's awesome new album ‪#‎BETTER‬ out today!
iTunes: http://hyperurl.co/BetterAlbum
Amazon: http://hyperurl.co/BetteronAmazon
Spotify: http://bit.ly/SpotifyBetterAlbum
Google Play: http://bit.ly/BetterGooglePlay

RE: The Better Era - john - 04-29-2016

From the Galore interview
Quote:Who are your other musical inspirations?

The Beatles, Sly & The Family Stone, The Mamas & Papas, Billie & Ella, MJ, Aaliyah.
https://galoremag.com/haley-reinhart-better-confidence-key-relationship/

At first I think "Billie and Ella" Huh then the lightbulb went off. Blush Not sure the interviewer got it though.

I definitely hear the Sly Stone elements on the album.

Quote:Jacob Scesney ‏@JSaysKnee 9m
@HaleyReinhart #Better I'll never forget the experience, thanks for putting me on the team hero !

Quote:Sarah Reich ‏@sourtaps 17m
HALEY REINHART! I've had the pleasure to tour with this incredible lady! We've spent many hours… https://www.instagram.com/p/BEy-ABBNh8P/

Quote:PAUL MCDONALD Verified account ‏@thePaulMcDonald 2m
BTW-My friend @haleyreinhart is a total babe and badass. Her new record came out today. Do… https://www.instagram.com/p/BEy_4QKy2w_/

Quote:anthony fedorov ‏@anthonyfedorov 2h
anthony fedorov Retweeted Haley Reinhart
Congrats Haley! Your album is insane! Love it. I downloaded it today. I strongly recommend everyone pick it up
4th place S4 Idol

RE: The Better Era - fabiocabralo - 04-29-2016

Brazil iTunes chart:
#54 overall
#11 pop albums

I'm impressed! Didn't think too much people knew Haley over here. Glad to know I was wrong.

RE: The Better Era - Rcul4u998 - 04-29-2016

Lol @ all the "Check Please" dislike. It is easily in my top 5, maybe number 3 or 4.

RE: The Better Era - Rachel - 04-29-2016

So for the release I decided to film my reaction to hearing the album for the very first time.

Hope you enjoy me making a fool out of myself! LOL Big Grin

If you can't tell by my reaction, after first listen "Bad Light" is easily my favorite at the moment.