The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
The Better Era - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: The Better Era (/thread-2423.html)

RE: The Better Era - john - 05-02-2016

Quote:Michael Slezak Verified account ‏@MichaelSlezakTV 27m
Oh, no, I've fallen into @HaleyReinhart's "I Belong to You" and I can't get up! #TheresNoWordToExplain #Better

Quote:In reply to mjsbigblog
Michael Slezak Verified account ‏@MichaelSlezakTV 19m
@mjsbigblog @HaleyReinhart So so so good! (And with lyrics in the Digital Booklet, too!)

RE: The Better Era - john - 05-03-2016

Kenny Poo Blog
http://kenny-poo.blogspot.com/2016/05/and-grammy-goes-tohaley-reinhart-better.html?spref=tw

Quote:If you like classic rock, jazz, funk, soul, and psychedelic mind fuck music, and would love to see all of them fused together in an epic masterpiece by one of the most brilliant and talented music talents of this generation, then buy the damn album.

RE: The Better Era - Outcast - 05-03-2016

MJ used to be on the ball with posting new Idol releases, dunno why she has slacked off recently. She posted about James new single a day after it was released.

I tweeted Gerrick Kennedy, music writer for the L.A Times. He reviewed Listen Up!
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jul/09/news/la-in-rotation-hayley-reinharts-listen-up-20120709

Here is the exchange.

Quote:@JohnKess
@GerrickKennedy Haley Reinhart's new album is magnificent

Gerrick D. Kennedy ‏@GerrickKennedy 6m6 minutes ago
@JohnKess She has a new album out?!!!

@JohnKess
@GerrickKennedy Yes, called #Better Charting on Itunes Pop. Truly excellent.

Gerrick D. Kennedy ‏@GerrickKennedy 5m5 minutes ago
@JohnKess Thanks for the heads up! First time hearing this Sad

So I guess being under the radar is a downside of not having the label.

RE: The Better Era - Mr. Bill - 05-03-2016

(05-03-2016, 04:33 PM)john Wrote: I tweeted Gerrick Kennedy, music writer for the L.A Times. He reviewed Listen Up!
http://articles.latimes.com/2012/jul/09/news/la-in-rotation-hayley-reinharts-listen-up-20120709

Here is the exchange.

Quote:@JohnKess
@GerrickKennedy Haley Reinhart's new album is magnificent

Gerrick D. Kennedy ‏@GerrickKennedy 6m6 minutes ago
@JohnKess She has a new album out?!!!

@JohnKess
@GerrickKennedy Yes, called #Better Charting on Itunes Pop. Truly excellent.

Gerrick D. Kennedy ‏@GerrickKennedy 5m5 minutes ago
@JohnKess Thanks for the heads up! First time hearing this Sad

So I guess being under the radar is a downside of not having the label.
Good job with that... thanks for doing it! I definitely have noticed that for an album that has received nothing but positive reviews and mentions, there certainly has been less of it this time around, which is clearly about it being an indie release.

(05-03-2016, 04:55 PM)Mr. Bill Wrote: Good job with that... thanks for doing it! I definitely have noticed that for an album that has received nothing but positive reviews and mentions, there certainly has been less of it this time around, which is clearly about it being an indie release.

Thanks. I was surprised that he responded immediately. If a few critics with visibility give it favorable reviews maybe she can overcome some of the lack of visibility as an indie.

RE: The Better Era - JMT - 05-03-2016

(05-03-2016, 05:54 PM)john Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 04:55 PM)Mr. Bill Wrote: Good job with that... thanks for doing it! I definitely have noticed that for an album that has received nothing but positive reviews and mentions, there certainly has been less of it this time around, which is clearly about it being an indie release.

Thanks. I was surprised that he responded immediately. If a few critics with visibility give it favorable reviews maybe she can overcome some of the lack of visibility as an indie.

I just assumed Ole (or Haley's management team) would notify possible reviewers. I guess not. Thanks, John.

RE: The Better Era - XAtlantic - 05-04-2016

(05-03-2016, 06:38 PM)JMT Wrote:
(05-03-2016, 05:54 PM)john Wrote:

I just assumed Ole (or Haley's management team) would notify possible reviewers. I guess not. Thanks, John.

Good work, John! As much as we'd wish for it, it is probably not realistic to expect this album to be a quick top charting and widely noticed album. For that, you'd need even more fame, very effective promotion or a well-timed concurrent viral phenomenon. The strategy here probably is more like "will potentially sell for a long time" as people encounter Haley and seek out what other music she's made. Which is great that she'll no longer have to reach back to LU to satisfy this craving for more music - not that LU was not great as well, it is. From that angle, it'll be interesting what her next opportunities for visibility and explure will be that might attract buyers - like if the album had been available already when Extra Gum hit. Next time she'll be ready to profit from such collateral sales. (Or is it more of a single-song download culture today? ...) In any case, while wishing she'd be up there with Prince, I think this album will be the go-to for the many who'll discover her in the next 24 months and will generate gradually mounting numbers, and that will be the lasting success of this release.

RE: The Better Era - john - 05-04-2016

Quote:Michael Slezak Verified account ‏@MichaelSlezakTV 56m
Listening to @HaleyReinhart's #Better while I deal with end-of-day housekeeping, and it bears repeating: THIS. RECORD. IS. SUBLIME. SRSLY.

RE: The Better Era - Miguel - 05-05-2016

Review from a UK fan:

Quote:American Idol alum Haley Reinhart has returned to the music scene after a four year absence with a brand new album and brand new stories to tell. ‘Better’ is the follow up to Reinhart’s criminally underrated debut album ‘Listen Up!’ and sees her take that soul/jazz inspired pop from her debut and build on it. Here we have eleven brand new tracks that cover a multitude of genres from soul to Motown with a bit of jazz thrown in there too – all of which transcend even further with Haley’s incredible voice...

His favorite song is "I Belong To You."

More: http://www.liams-life.co.uk/haley-reinhart-album-review/#more-593