The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
"What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date (/thread-2545.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - Tusk - 09-22-2017

(09-22-2017, 05:51 PM)XAtlantic Wrote: Hmmm, one online re-seller here in Europe has the following interesting description of Haley and the album which I don't think I've seen before - I wonder who wrote it. And no mention of American Idol at all! Though a big fail in calling it her "first solo album".

My translation: "In earlier times the stars went online - now online creates the stars. That this does not have to be something negative is proven by the American singer Haley Reinhart who became an internet star thanks to the multi-million youtube views of her cover versions of contemporary pop songs with the band Postmodern Jukebox. The interesting thing is: however modern her path to popularity has been, her music is wonderfully nostalgic - but is nonetheless popular with young listeners. On her first solo album she now turns the tables and surprises with unconventional versions of sixties' classics by the Beatles, Kinks, Turtles, Mamas & The Papas, Jefferson Airplane and others. With her girl-like but quite clearly erotic voice and rocky arrangements she ensures that "What's That Sound?" is anything but a stale oldies party. With a few of her own compositions such as the irresistible "Let's Start" she proves on top to be an extraordinarily talented song writer."

That is a remarkably dense and knowledgeable critique..... wow

RE: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - ISCAT4HALEY - 09-22-2017

Okay this is my Halien feelings. WTS is amazing. I’ve listened to a few cover albums, primarily by jazz artists and I will say this one is by far the best compilation of covers I’ve ever heard. Haley instills all styles from classic rock to jazz with scat to R&B. She even gives us a little yodel. As others have said, the music is so much more than expected. Haley’s vocals are incredible and are the best I’ve heard again hard to believe it’s possible. The production is definitely Grammy worthy and allows Haley’s vocals to soar. Better has tremendous instrumentation and arrangements but What’s That Sound? is at another level. I really love the guitar riffs and keyboard work throughout in addition to Scott and one can never go wrong with having horns.

I heard a cheesy saying by Josh Groban once but it stuck with me and I think really fits Haley. “An entertainer gives people what they want; an artist gives people what they didn’t know they wanted.” For me when a song hits me to the point it can’t be any more perfect, beyond my dreams, I well up. Airhigh commented on this earlier.

Usually an album that is at my top list has 3 or 4 songs that will do this to me. This one has so many including FWIW (Haley’s voice with those harmonies and what an ending by Haley, OH WOW), CFMWH (Harry’s tender guitar and Haley’s sweet tone including scat are pure heaven, talk about musical soulmates), Sunny Afternoon (bend and slide those notes Haley and Scott is his usual fantastic self), You Showed Me (that haunting smooth vibe and groove is something else ), BTLBH (Can’t beat Caley, love how their voices blend, Casey’s guitar as well as the guitar solo (Harry?) along with the part where the voices and the trumpet/instrument interact together), and for me the best cover right now, Time of the Season that even beats out CFMWH (Haley and Casey are so in the pocket and again the guitar shredding (Harry?) and who is playing the organ keys?, speechless). I am not a true classic rock person so Haley’s take on Light My Fire is exactly what I love about her music and it is, to me, jazzy and funky which I adore so much and the strings are so good in the arrangement and again the keys and Haley can belt and growl with the best of them). Let’s Start is becoming one of my favorite originals.

Brent and I can’t wait for the tour.

RE: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - john - 09-22-2017

Quote:Top 200 Albums on iTunes
30. What's That Sound? New Haley Reinhart Pop

http://www.popvortex.com/music/charts/itunes-top-400-albums.php

RE: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - Miguel - 09-22-2017

This excerpt from a 2011 CDBaby article supports the point Tom and John made earlier:

Quote:Creating cover versions for film, television, and advertising placement present a low-risk, high-reward option available to anyone with well-produced renditions of classic songs.

The article also noted recording artists do not receive a royalty from terrestrial radio (AM/FM) airplay in the United States, but there's a sound recording royalty associated with certain digital transmissions (satellite radio, internet radio, etc.). I think there have been some legal developments since then.

(09-22-2017, 07:00 PM)ISCAT4HALEY Wrote: who is playing the organ keys?

Martin Guigui using vintage instruments

RE: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - KelseyW. - 09-22-2017

I'm pretty sure my Target only had one copy of "What's That Sound?" Especially since it said online that my store had none in stock. LIES. They had one. Guess who's glad she had her sister Hayley call the store to see if they had any? ME. lol Tongue

Anyway... So cool seeing my name in the liner notes! Kris Allen did something similar with "Thank You Camellia" the Fan Edition. This time I put my full name in it though. Wink

By the way. A short review of the album...

Hard to pick a fave song. (Because I'm still MADLY in love with "Baby It's You.") The whole CD is amazing! She gets better with each album! Happy to add it to my collection! Heart

Now... Who wants a Haley Reinhart Christmas album in 2018? Haha. Big Grin

RE: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - john - 09-23-2017

(09-22-2017, 10:42 PM)KelseyW. Wrote: Now... Who wants a Haley Reinhart Christmas album in 2018? Haha. Big Grin

Haley would be smart to do a Christmas album. We know she would do a great job covering some holiday classics. And a successful album could generate sales year after year and give her a presence every year regardless of anything else she is doing.

I am delighted with Haley's new album. It's first class all the way from production and engineering to the arrangements, musicianship and Haley's sterling vocals. Harry leaves his mark as a fine guitarist. Since the beginning I have hoped Haley would do an album of classic rock type songs and here it is -- exceeding my expectations in every way.

I feel like I am still discovering the nuances of the various songs (although I don't have the bonus songs at this point) and time will tell which ones become my favorites. I have a feeling that favorites on the album might shift around as time goes by because there are so many good ones.

Although we have known the songs for a while now, actually hearing them brings it home. All of the songs she covers work for her but I could never have guessed most of her selections in advance. Sunny Afternoon, for example, is one that never would have occurred to me as a likely pick. This is Ray Davies' tale of a rich but fallen scoundrel lazing around, whose lover had fled "telling tales of drunkenness and cruelty." It has always painted a vivid picture for me, laced with some typical Davies sarcasm. I get a kick out of hearing Haley's take on the lyrics.

While Haley has referenced the Zombies in various ways over the years, Rod Argent's Time of the Season is another pick I would never have guessed. After learning it wound be on the record I wondered how she was going to handle the call and response between the lead vocalist and the background singers that is at the core of the Zombies version. Oh, a duet with Casey. A great arrangement that works so well vocally and with the old school keyboard -- and finished with some tasty guitar licks. "Who's your daddy?"

Ya, an absolutely great record. She was ready to do this and got the right deal and the right people in place to make it happen. It is getting more traction on the charts than I thought it would and with some promotion it could get some decent sales and visibility for Haley. And I do see some sync deals coming out of this.

RE: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - Tusk - 09-23-2017

With a Christmas album/single to follow any traction she gets from WTS...sing the right one, it could be one of those that get replay due to pure sentimentality, exactly what happened for CHFIL....music is at it's best when it's attached to a moment, a memory

RE: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - KelseyW. - 09-23-2017

(09-23-2017, 01:39 AM)Tusk Wrote: With a Christmas album/single to follow any traction she gets from WTS...sing the right one, it could be one of those that get replay due to pure sentimentality, exactly what happened for CHFIL....music is at it's best when it's attached to a moment, a memory
I agree! That and I can't be the only one who would love to see where the album photography goes for Haley in a Christmas theme! Blush

She could do it! Hell... Kris released two albums last year. One of which was his first solo Christmas album. Haley could pull it off, but unless she's been keeping it extremely under wraps I think the only new Christmas album I have to look forward this year is Hanson's "Finally It's Christmas."

RE: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - Tusk - 09-23-2017

Lest we forget, there's indication that a full "Time of my life' is pending... a Holiday release could see it being applied to social occasions of the season

RE: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - KelseyW. - 09-23-2017

(09-23-2017, 03:30 AM)Tusk Wrote: Lest we forget, there's indication that a full "Time of my life' is pending... a Holiday release could see it being applied to social occasions of the season
Mmmhmm. I would love to add that version to my music collection! Smile

I'd also like to see a full version of her "O Holy Night" that she sang on F is For Family! Heart