The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
"What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date (/thread-2545.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32

RE: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - Nicicarus - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 07:59 AM)Jastal Wrote: WTS has exceeded my expectations! My standouts after several days....influenced by my personal preference for new music with the exception of Haley-covers.

1. Time of the Season - colloboration w/Casey is amazing - maybe their best - intimate, fresh and original. Crazy instrumentals!
2. Sunny Afternoon - the Scott Bradlee spin makes this so special. A video with him would make a perfect addition to the PMJ collection & show. The last 20 seconds are especially great.
3. Somewhere In Between - Initially thought it was Bond-cover. Love the original lyrics and vibe.
4. Can't Find My Way Home - the song never feels old - always loved Haley's version and greatful she recorded it.

Other thoughts, impressions...
- Wish there was more scatting - hope her next Album is Jazz-focused
- Let's Start - cute original song/video - a bit too Poppy for my taste
- Bring the Love Back Home - IMO the only dud
- Haley achieved her goal to honor her parents and their music (A+)
- Time will tell if WTS gets her closer to mainstream media - since her AI year, the national talk shows (Ellen, Fallon) and music festivals have not been there. Maybe commercials are her best chance ala CHFIL?

Agreed on bring the love back home. The first time they performed it live was soo much better!
And I never wanted a jazz album but after hearing sunny afternoon and her Duffy/winehouse tendencies I think that would do well! And I like rock Haley best, but her voice suits jazz the best IMO

RE: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - thecommish27 - 09-24-2017

(09-24-2017, 07:59 AM)Jastal Wrote: WTS has exceeded my expectations! My standouts after several days....influenced by my personal preference for new music with the exception of Haley-covers.

1. Time of the Season - colloboration w/Casey is amazing - maybe their best - intimate, fresh and original. Crazy instrumentals!
2. Sunny Afternoon - the Scott Bradlee spin makes this so special. A video with him would make a perfect addition to the PMJ collection & show. The last 20 seconds are especially great.
3. Somewhere In Between - Initially thought it was Bond-cover. Love the original lyrics and vibe.
4. Can't Find My Way Home - the song never feels old - always loved Haley's version and greatful she recorded it.

Other thoughts, impressions...
- Wish there was more scatting - hope her next Album is Jazz-focused
- Let's Start - cute original song/video - a bit too Poppy for my taste
- Bring the Love Back Home - IMO the only dud
- Haley achieved her goal to honor her parents and their music (A+)
- Time will tell if WTS gets her closer to mainstream media - since her AI year, the national talk shows (Ellen, Fallon) and music festivals have not been there. Maybe commercials are her best chance ala CHFIL?

Re comment: 3. Somewhere In Between - Initially thought it was Bond-cover. Love the original lyrics and vibe.

Quite a few have said the same thing....when I first heard the music, it made me think of spaghetti westerns Smile ...a little bit of Clint Eastwood riding on his horse???

RE: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - Tusk - 09-25-2017

Stopped by the Silver Platters today, they told me they'd have WTS cd's & vinyls....took me a while looking through the H's & R's in the vinyl section, but found one CD... eventually, I asked the guy at the counter, they had one vinyl left in the 'new music' section.

Even in their hey day, I was never able to keep my records 'scratchless'. I bought the Vinyl cleaning brushes and solutions my audiophile friends would recommend, I even recorded the first time I played an album on audio cassettes so I could listen from the tape. More often than not, on the 2nd playing, there was almost always new scratches Tongue

So of course, I bought this vinyl even though I'll get one from Pledgemusic, just in case....

[Image: DKnIM7bUQAAisHu.jpg]

Not counting the PMJ vinyl I bought in 2015 at Solana Beach to get autographed (Scott told me his only regret was not getting Creep ready in time to put on the LP, but I had Haley sign it anyway Tongue ), This is the first LP I've bought to play since probably the early 90's (my crappy luck keeping LP's scratchless made switching to CD's a 'no brainer' Tongue )

RE: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - XAtlantic - 09-26-2017

To be honest, for me it still is pretty much amazing and a miracle that such technology as vinyl works - and with such quality. I mean, a groove in a turning plate that makes a needle vibrate? Sounds like early 19th century, really .... And then you get full sound? Amazing!!

I remember my pre-CD times well, I had parents who wouldn't too much support indulgences such as records, they kept us short and honest and straight (but were very generous in everything else), so once we managed to scrape our ways to dinky little creaky cassette players the next big thing was talking our friends and even more importantly, scantly acquainted friends of friends with more-in-tune parents into allowing us to run off with a vinyl or two of their's that we absolutely needed to hear, which usually we had to bring back the same day, untarnished. I can't remember how many times we'd rush a recording to cassette to make it just in time. I can still see all 4 original legendary Patti Smith albums from the 70ies on our living room table, we were so happy, with us hurrying through with a recording - which later I'd listen to so many times. Without that, I'd not have known any Pink Floyd, either. Pre-youtube, pre-internet, pre-CDs, pre-parents-who-were-part-of-the-60ies-too it really depended on knowing someone with the vinyl. That is, until I had my first very own vinyl, given to me by a generous friend for my 14th birthday - the recent new record by a band called Queen, which had some catchy tunes about rocking you and being champions ... they sounded good the first time I heard them, too (the problem was what would I tell my mother about that people-bashing monster on the cover).

Enjoy the WTS vinyl passion! Thanks for the report!

RE: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - Miguel - 09-26-2017

(09-26-2017, 09:26 AM)XAtlantic Wrote: Pre-youtube, pre-internet, pre-CDs, pre-parents-who-were-part-of-the-60ies-too it really depended on knowing someone with the vinyl.

In Keith Richards autobiography he relates he scantly knew Mick Jagger when he bumped into him at a train station. Mick had some records from America. He acquired them by responding to a small classified ad in a magazine and sending cash to the U.S. at a time when Keith's family couldn't afford such luxuries. They bonded over the music. There was a blues enthusiasts group that would meet in someone's home. The host and guests were decades older, but they attended to hear the latest blues records.

Keith Richards in a recent interview:
Quote:Mick, Brian [Jones] and I went to see Muddy in 1963. He was doing one of those blues package tours in England. And that was the first time I saw him live and it was interesting because he did the first set with just an acoustic guitar. And the British blues audiences, they’re purists, and they loved that. Then he came back with an electric band and they booed him off. Which really surprised me. It was amazing. And all because he came on with electric guitars.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/entertainment/mick-jagger-keith-richards-chat-chicago-blues-exhibitionism/

RE: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - Miguel - 09-26-2017

Quote:Mike Merritt‏ @forestringer 54m

Replying to @ConcordRecords @HaleyReinhart

I had so much fun bassing it up on the sessions for this record. Haley, you rocked it.

ht Avelene

RE: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - john - 09-26-2017

HOTM tweet
https://twitter.com/twitter/statuses/912827433077719040

Quote:Dina LaPolt ‏Verified account @dinalapolt
LOVE THIS trippy hippy record!! What's That Sound? by @HaleyReinhart https://open.spotify.com/album/0wm5vMyCNiABzxsbdPSVye … #NowPlaying

RE: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - Tusk - 09-26-2017

Quote:Courtney Penley @_courteroy 4h4 hours ago
I'm so excited about Haley Reinhart's new album. I'm equally as excited about getting my first ever shoutout inside a cd jacket.

[Image: DKr___LVAAEwBhq.jpg]

RE: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - Miguel - 09-27-2017

Quote:Haley Reinhart‏Verified account @HaleyReinhart 3m

Go inside the making of my new album #whatsthatsound? now!

Quote:Anders Grahn shared a link ("Oh Darling" on Spotify).

Haley Reinhart.... this version is INSANE.

RE: "What's That Sound" - tracks, cover art and release date - Miguel - 09-28-2017

Quote:LaVance Colley shared Haley Reinhart's video ("Live in Los Angeles") — feeling excited.

Please support my good friend Haley Reinhart. She has an amazing new album that she just dropped and also a tour she is about to start. How proud that I get to call her friend! Please support if you can!