The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key "query" - Line: 1420 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1420 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1425 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1425 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "v" - Line: 1506 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1506 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "query" - Line: 1420 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1420 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1425 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1425 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "v" - Line: 1506 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1506 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
Fall Tour Dates (2017) - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: Fall Tour Dates (2017) (/thread-2554.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38

RE: Fall Tour Dates - Tusk - 11-05-2017

RE: Fall Tour Dates - john - 11-06-2017

Quote:Babbs‏ @ChiTownHalien 2m
Haley bunny

[Image: DN7iv2_XkAAkI9L.jpg:small]

RE: Fall Tour Dates - Tusk - 11-06-2017

The Chicago 'experience' was great! (as if we expected less) meeting a bunch of Haliens, seeing and talking with the Reinharts and others from the Chicago area. The venue was buzzing w/ excitement.

Some of you might know that I purchased a WWII Jacket from a Thrift store ($15 likely authentic, judging from the material's quality, but in fantastic shape) and reworked a photo from Haley's show w/ Robbie Krieger so it could be printed on the back of the Jacket. There's a print shop right next to our office, where they did a great job for only $20.

Haley knew about the jacket, showed her at the first show in LA, told her that I was going to try and get as many signatures from fans at the 6 shows as I could get, BUT I never asked her to sign it, she just took a picture of it. It occurred to me, she never once said, 'would you like me to sign it too?" because normally I'd have something else for her to sign...this was from San Francisco, 3rd show, and she wanted a photo of the progress...

[Image: DNL2JhxUQAA0TLT.jpg]

I got the most signatures, probably from the LA show, a bunch of PMJer's were at the show, including Scott Bradlee, Casey, Adam Kubota, Sarah Reich....also Haley's friends like Clare Reynold, even Aeb the flautist who performed Somewhere in Between w/ Haley, Adam Kubota's Mom in SF, plus a bunch of Haliens. San Diego might have offered the fewest signatures, mainly, I think, because it was an older crowd.

So before each show, while waiting in line, I would ask for the signatures, in Chicago, seemed more fans knew to look for me to sign the Jacket, so I got a bunch there too.

I also got Harry, Patti, Angie and Alex to sign the Jacket in Chicago, Drew signed it in LA. I asked Harry if he knew Haley might come out after the show, because I was wondering when the best time it was to finally give it to her. The other option was to give it to her at the VIP Meet and Greet when we're to get our photo w/ Haley. Harry said that he didn't quite know, but the family wanted to spend as much time w/ Haley as they could while she was in town, so maybe the better choice was at the VIP.

to be continued....

Meanwhile, at the VIP Haley made more shout outs from the stage, including Lisa, complimenting her on her hippie outfit....

She also sang, 3 songs at mic check, Oh Darlin' & If I Fell w/ Harry and Baby it's You w/ Patti..... completing an incredible streak for me... of 13 mic check performances, I heard 12 different songs, the only one I heard twice was "Time of the Season" in Portland and San Diego

(11-03-2017, 05:49 PM)Tusk Wrote: Reviewing my videos of the Mic Check performances of the 5 shows I've gone to this tour, I was surprised to realise she only repeated one song, Time of the Season...here's the list of the mic check songs she performed at each mic check...

LA: BootsAreMadeForWalking/SunnyAfternoon
SD: TimeOfTheSeason/DontKnowWhy
SF: DayTripper/PurpleHaze
Port: DockOfTheBay/TimeOfTheSeason
Sea: Valerie/CantFindMyWayHome

After mic check, I tried to get a few more signatures before I got in line for my photo. They had us line up the stairs where Haley was in the balcony area. To my surprise, Harry came up and said he wanted to catch up w/ me about a few things. He discussed the Euro videos, thanked me being able to see Haley overseas, since they couldn't make it. I talked about the generosity of the overseas Haliens sharing their vids (he got a kick out of Ville, the President of the Elvis Presley fan club in Finland being a fan), about XAtlantic's generosity...he was blown away by the Community that has now grown internationally. Also, I pointed out the fact I was lucky to see 12 different songs of 13 mic check performances. I told him I had just posted Valerie...Harry's eyes widened, "She sang Valerie?" I pulled out my smart phone and put it up to his ear, told him I'd been requesting it for years, that she performed it in Seattle.... He listened and commented on Haley's Jazzy notes on the songs Heart.

So after our talk, Harry continued up the steps to watch Alex' band (Angie's Boyfriend) "WaxWorks" warm up (they were fantastic, highly energetic and entertaining, IMO they were better than Kessler, who had opened before them. When I saw Angie after the show, i told her that, she leaned in and whispered, w/ her hand at the side of her mouth "I thought so too" lol Tongue

[Image: DN6tEDYX0AEmgdF.jpg]
Babbs' photo

(I video'd 2 of 3 songs Angie was in, including a rousing cover of Stevie Wonder's "Superstition, despite trying to save my battery power and memory for Haley)

When it was finally my turn to get a photo w/ Haley, I asked Babbs if she could record it for me.... I showed Haley what/where I had signed a message to her, that it symbolized the love and support she has gained on her journey....and that it was hers.... I posted the video on Instagram (It's the fourth post after the 3 photos we took...click the arrow to the right til you get to the 4th post)

Thankfully, she was surprised, none of her friends who signed it leaked my secret to her (you can even hear Drew say, "Is that what you were getting signed over in LA, man? plus a "That's Sweet" Tongue )

[Image: DN6OdDgW0AAlUJj.jpg]

We were able to get a group shot of Haley (in my Jacket) w/ the Haliens...unfortunately some of the younger ones who lined up earlier and were booted downstairs weren't able to be in the photo Sad

[Image: DN6ZDz8X4AAjjtu.jpg]

Babbs and I were in front, there was a photographer right next to me w/ some serious lenses and equipment. Babbs and Pat struck up a conversation w/ him, very friendly guy.... just posted his photos in this article about the Chicago show: Chicago Music Guide

[Image: Haley-Reinhart_Lincoln-Hall_110517-108.jpg]

[Image: Haley-Reinhart_Lincoln-Hall_110517-123.jpg]

[Image: Haley-Reinhart_Lincoln-Hall_110517-133.jpg]

Another instance where having an opening band helped me out, not only did I have time to properly align my 'aparatus' my iPhone, secured above my Canon, but watching the photographer work, he and his long lenses constantly interjecting into my shot, I knew I couldn't have my camera on a monopod, as my shot would be angled every time I had to shoot around him...so I dispensed w/ the monopod and worked my camera with just my hands.

On my travels, I've come in contact w/ many photographers, sometimes getting in the way of my shot, or being a little aggressive. Since it happened in Paris, I've adopted the attitude that I'm on 'their turf' and that these people were making a living, so now, I concede the territory to them, no point in making an enemy on their turf and badly representing Haley.

As far as the show itself? We got what we expected, an incredibly charged and happy Haley, bringing her Dad up for Can't Find My Way Home and Bring the Love Back Home.... she brought Patti up to duet Baby, it's You with her, and the crowd responded w/ HUGE applause, Patti was eating it up....after the show, Patti asked me, "Did I do OK? I was so nervous" I told her she was great and the crowd loved it Smile

We saw the set list before Haley came on. Not on the Set list, Haley brought Harry out again to perform "Oh Darlin"

It was a great night, a sold out, enthusiastic crowd... one funny thing that happened while we waited for our photo w/ Haley, Willie Ray, came through the bar and spotted Grandpa Fred, a friend of the family who I've greeted each time I've come to Chicago. Fred was dressed in his best leisure suit from back in the day.....Willie Ray said, I have to get a picture w/ you, and I gladly took it for him Big Grin

[Image: 23164331_282369828938847_202648849221681152_n.jpg]

Dylan also said what Ray told me earlier, to prepare for the tour, he watched 'all your videos' which was kind of cool....last time I heard something like that was BGDays 2013, when Midnight's keyboardist told me he learned Haley's songs from my Lollapalooza videos Blush

As the night started to wind down, Haley made one more appearance as she headed out to spend some time w/ her friends. She had a different dress on, I asked if I could take a photo, Haliens would love to see it.... She laughed and commented, "This is my Aunt's Dress from 8th grade" Big Grin

[Image: DN7VBULX0AISSa-.jpg]

PS.... a couple things happened to mark this 6 show odyssey I had just completed.... coincidences? Perhaps. But worth mentioning because they happened on this trip to Chicago and they are Haley related.....

I usually fly Alaska Airlines, it used to be when we were boarding, one of the songs playing would be Casey's "Ghosts" from his first album. THIS time, as I sat in my seat...what would I hear on the sound system? Haley's The Letter!!! Haley retweeted my post Smile

And, when I go to Chicago, i never know if anything might happen after the show, so I had one more day after the show, just in case. Today, nothing was planned, Harry had to go to work and Haley was on her way to Detroit. I have often said, IMO Chicago's museums was more enjoyable for me than when I saw the Louvre in Paris. It took until 1pm for my body to finally recuperate from the long time standing, waiting and during the concert. So I decided to go into Chicago... Their Art Institute was great, unfortunately, with Traffic, an hour long drive, I only had an hour to see what I could see (the last hour only cost $15 instead of the regular $25 admittance fee....which is weird, cause I don't remember them charging to see their museum last time).....

Here's where the 'Haley coincidence' kicked in....the first display I walked into was the Indian art exhibit, and what would be one of the first things I saw? Statues of "Ganesh, Remover of all Obstacles"....you might recall Haley's answer that I got when asking about her collection of elephants during her Better photoshoot, she spoke of the philosophies of Ganesh.....how's that for book end "Haley co-incidences"? ... hearing a new #whatsthatsound Haley song on my flight to Chicago and seeing an exhibit that included Ganesh on my last day..... Tongue

[Image: DN-4qxTX4AAKbH0.jpg]

[Image: DN-4qxrWsAE3r7W.jpg]

RE: Fall Tour Dates - john - 11-07-2017

Hey Tusk, great write-up! It fun to hear about your experiences at the Chicago show. Thanks for posting that.

RE: Fall Tour Dates - john - 11-07-2017

[Image: Haley-Reinhart_Lincoln-Hall_110517-130.jpg]

RE: Fall Tour Dates - Tom22 - 11-07-2017

Thanks for all the updates guys..

... thought I would throw my vanity pic in the thread for posterity sake

and say Haley has provided two awesome concerts in the Better tour and the What's that Sound tour.

Music is more than just her awesome voice .. it is her respect for her fellow performers up on stage an their absolute dedication to creating a sound that meshes with her artistic ideal by bringing their own with the right focus. NONE OF MY COMMENTS below are meant to say compare this group to past groups of musicians .. just complimenting them in their own right!)

I've watched a lot of videos of Dylan Chambers in Haley videos that Tusk and others have put up.. and while Dylan always sounded competent and on point, he hadn't really registered as an artist for me until this show. (a couple weeks ago in San Francisco).

Wow ... I guess I didnt' listen hard enough or hear the right sets of his before!

I've heard some great guitar players over the years, Joe Satriani, Eddie Van Halen, Dickey Betts and Dylan Chamber could hang on a stage with them without embarrassment. (ok.. I'm being a bit generous there.. but still)

William Rae on the drums has an ear for exactly what Haley wants (or Haley has an ear to find that greatness that fits her) and he takes a core role. I enjoyed the control of the Bass player (critical solidity with creativity that allowed for the rhythmic changes within bridges etc) and the Keyboard player had some real stregnths.. especially in his role in providing the horn section in a way that fit the era precisely without any external infusion(sometimes we want that infusion but not for the sound of this album)

All 4 of them had voices and really had some great harmonies going on some numbers.

All 4 of them were musicians who listened and played in ways that enhanced each other. There were songs where I just went wow as they had "broke it down" and went into poly-rythmic grooves for 16 bars etc.

And of course there is Haley .. who I think has really got the start control of the stage down. She was always poised and never came off as nervous. ... but her words and role as "host" of the shindig which is the show is so much more authoritative and without reticence while still having the right shred of humility that comes from her exuding of HOPE .

Great to see fellow haliens ISCAT4Haley, AirHigh, JMT again and to finally meet Tusk in person!

[Image: 22860614_130711614353866_1405135320101421056_n.jpg]

RE: Fall Tour Dates - Tusk - 11-07-2017

Good to meet you too, Tom...this tour I got to put 'real' faces to a lot of folks I had only previously met or known of online....a bit amusing when some of those were surprised I even knew what they look like....that comes w/ the territory of one that doesn't sleep the advised 8 hours a day....let alone 4-5 Tongue

I agree about Dylan... I didn't think he'd have the edge of a lead like I think Notto does, but his performance and stage presence appears to have blossomed on this tour, partly due to the platform and freedom that Haley has created....on a recent interview...can't find it, Haley said that consideration of the band environment, the ability to have fun during the grind, was a consideration in the make up of the band she wanted to put together, and Dylan has always struck me as a very humble, easy going and fun person to be around...always respectful

H/T Rachel, Dylan and Haley play a couple songs in NY (Haley said she only got an hour of sleep)
https://www.facebook.com/Baeblemusic/videos/10154754633987504/

The second song from Seattle's mic check, Can't Find My Way Home

Greg went to the LA, SD and Chicago shows, here are some of his photos, posted on Instagram

[Image: 22801945_149414225668698_3075501058462580736_n.jpg]

[Image: 22860908_430278487370167_1760753118947049472_n.jpg]

[Image: 22710958_399007370502599_4964894963390218240_n.jpg]

[Image: 23279642_499733017059796_102218056981282816_n.jpg]

[Image: 23417161_333044303828019_2986700062702174208_n.jpg]

[Image: 23348002_1913498565634648_4707084899998236672_n.jpg]

[Image: 23280094_545189772488757_2567408742333153280_n.jpg]

[Image: 23347475_1527174967330312_2336668912915054592_n.jpg]

Here's the interview which included Haley's consideration in the make up of her band, it was tweeted out by Ole by the Washington Times, I think ahead of her show in DC....

Quote:Q: What is the one thing you need on the road to stay sane?

A: Man, I’m still trying to find that. (Laughs) Just kidding. Good company I guess. I try to pick out my band with that in mind. I really want to have a positive vibe around myself and all of us. I like to create a safe and comfortable space around us. If we can add little things on the bus like lights to make us feel at home, then that’s great.

[Image: 23164741_131086280993598_7374420664972738560_n.jpg]

Quote:kavikagorospe
Honored and blessed to be working with such an amazing vocalist, musician, and leader, @haleyreinhart, in the #whatsthatsound tour.

[Image: 23279653_371544346630595_3890318575704997888_n.jpg]

Unimpressed Haley returns Big Grin

RE: Fall Tour Dates - Tom22 - 11-07-2017

Great pictures Tusk!

Just wanted to add (and I'll probably go back up and put in in my post too) ... that I didn't intend to play any better/worse comparisons to past musicians Haley has worked with. Each and everyone of them have had some great moments when Haley and them really had special grooves going.

I'll refrain from naming each ... but Notto had some acoustic performances bringing out Haley in an incredible way. Lutrell was an act in and of himself in someways

I think the Better Tour group was incredible ... .. they really rocked it , and I loved the energy... these songs just required their own approaches and this group was perfect for what was performed (and really cool that Haley found gems from the past that they could help bring life too just like I thing the better group did some huge justice to some Listen Up songs as well as Better songs.