The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
Venting - Idol Forums & All Things Weird - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other Musical Subjects (http://haleyfans.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: Venting - Idol Forums & All Things Weird (/thread-465.html)

Pages: 1 2

Venting - Idol Forums & All Things Weird - buzzenator - 01-07-2012

If you start any Shipping Threads here...I'm so done!

At Idol forums the Stefaley shipping thread is moderated by istersay, who was the MOD that suspended me for 2 days for the following phrase she referenced from one of my posts:

"You would think after more than 37,000 posts things would start to make more sense..."

Wonder what would have happened if I had used profanity or verbally attacked another member?

During the water boarding session of the suspension, I was thinking to myself "who is running the asylum at IF". I sent this PM to istersay after the 2 day suspension:

A simple PM would have been sufficient for a first offense.

You would think after more than 77,000 posts things would start to make more sense, but then I suppose you read some really strange things?

Kimberly Caldwell 4 Life struts around with her flamethrower threatening other posters with "I can get a Mod to lock down this thread", etc....maybe she is the type of IF member you are looking for. I simply questioned her reasoning on a reply to my post, because it was nonsensical as others also pointed out. Evidently you were the Mod she could call on. I always treated other members with respect as evidenced by my posts, even when we disagreed...flamethrowers do get your attention though.

I was a relatively new member to IF with less than 150 posts. I enjoyed the humor, banter and serious discussion about Haley's future. The two day suspension allowed me to process the whole IF concept. I realize now that it is a little silly and junior highish...I mean really, "you're out of the group" :yawn:

Just some feedback for you and the administrator on my exit.

As I was about to send a copy to the administrator an error message appeared which said..."you have been temporarily suspended until October 20th, 2285, 11:49 am"...how many can say they are serving a 274 year temporary suspension on IF or any discussion board?

I take a lot of pride in that suspension. Consider that istersay has over 77,400 posts on IF. If she did 10 posts per day, 365 days a year, that would = 3,650 posts/year. It would take 21.3 years to post that much. At what point does a Moderator become an Addictator?

Seriously, they have to have some child-like people as moderators, who have never seen the light of day. I'm not sure she could read my post with words actually spelled out.

Anyway, thought you would all enjoy reading what can get you a 274 year suspension on Idol Forums. The inmates are running the asylum.

RE: Venting - Idol Forums & All Things Weird - Miguel - 01-07-2012

Don't tempt me...

[Image: hfbanned.jpg]

Just kidding. This forum software gives you options for banning someone up to 2 years and after that..."permanent."

I'm not familiar enough with IF to say how things are run there, but in many online communities prolific posters are asked to help out by becoming moderators. That could be the case here. In which case the mod and poster you named might have a long history together.

Another thing to consider is the size of the forum and the amount of traffic it generates. IF actually covers multiple shows over multiple seasons. That is a lot to keep up with. If they don't have adequate staff that could lead to reliance on long-time posters and a hair-trigger mentality.

Mind you, I'm not excusing their actions. Just speculating on how they might have come to treat you so shabbily. I definitely agree the minor first "offense" you describe should have warranted no more than a warning in a PM.

RE: Venting - Idol Forums & All Things Weird - buzzenator - 01-07-2012

(01-07-2012, 11:13 AM)Miguel Wrote: Don't tempt me...

[Image: hfbanned.jpg]

Just kidding. This forum software gives you options for banning someone up to 2 years and after that..."permanent."

I'm not familiar enough with IF to say how things are run there, but in many online communities prolific posters are asked to help out by becoming moderators. That could be the case here. In which case the mod and poster you named might have a long history together.

Another thing to consider is the size of the forum and the amount of traffic it generates. IF actually covers multiple shows over multiple seasons. That is a lot to keep up with. If they don't have adequate staff that could lead to reliance on long-time posters and a hair-trigger mentality.

Mind you, I'm not excusing their actions. Just speculating on how they might have come to treat you so shabbily. I definitely agree the minor first "offense" you describe should have warranted no more than a warning in a PM.

Hilarious Miguel...thanks for the warning, after the water boarding I got at IF I'm a little jumpy (where's the spaz emoticon when you need it?)

RE: Venting - Idol Forums & All Things Weird - midnightblues - 01-07-2012

Sounds like a power trip.

RE: Venting - Idol Forums & All Things Weird - buzzenator - 02-17-2012

It's a lot like the group round during Hollywood Week at Idol Forums...

Drama, Drama, Drama

So, my identical twin NotUrTypicalBuzz was suspended from IF until the year 4730...he just went to login and the error message came up that he was temporarily suspended for the next 2700+ years.

The little Hitler moderator, istersay, must be taking it out on my family members because she is accountable to no one...some kind of psycho-power trip. If you have ever read her comments to people on the IF Reinhart thread, she makes Randy Jackson seem like Mother Teresa.

I told him he is welcome here on HaleyFans.com...where people are treated like real people...what a concept. He may just post under my name Cool

RE: Venting - Idol Forums & All Things Weird - Miguel - 02-17-2012

(02-17-2012, 05:50 PM)buzzenator Wrote: Drama, Drama, Drama

So, my identical twin NotUrTypicalBuzz was suspended from IF until the year 4730...

I hadn't noticed NUTB doing anything untoward. But I did notice a post the other day where he made reference to you. Maybe that was his undoing?

RE: Venting - Idol Forums & All Things Weird - Miguel - 03-10-2012

MJ'S BIG BLOG:

Quote:The site has blocked you from posting new comments.

Got the ban hammer drawn on me. Why? On the article that links to my "Hit the Ground Runnin'" video, I responded to "Lydia Deetz" and flagged a couple of her posts. The first one:

Quote:I didn't watch the video. Did she growl a lot? If she did, she should stop that. So unattractive!

That post is still up. In my book, it violates this MJ posting guideline: "Posts that attempt to “stir the pot” or bait other posters will also be deleted."

My response that was deleted: "You shouldn't comment on videos you haven't watched, so stupid."

A couple of her other posts were deleted.

Someone responded to her before I did, and she addressed him by name and asked, "Did she growl?"

When he responded to her, she began a diatribe about how she was entitled to her opinion (sounded like the same troll at the Hollywood Reporter and elsewhere). Part of it is still available on Google:

Quote:Lydia Deetz. Actually, it's not bait. It's an opinion. Incipit, I guess you live in a world where EVERYONE has the SAME opinion on everything and no one is ...

I responded by pointing out she must have forgotten she didn't watch the video or state an opinion about it. She was merely trolling the comment section.

Because I know MJ is sensitive about fan wars, I omitted an additional portion where I commented she must live in a world where she has no life because that would be a personal attack. I didn't believe commenting on her behavior on the site crossed any line.

MJ does have a guideline that states, "don’t tell your fellow posters what or how to post." So this is my likely violation. But I commented on the posts I flagged to spell out why I flagged then.

RE: Venting - Idol Forums & All Things Weird - cherelann - 03-11-2012

IMO stirring the pot a little makes for lively discussions. Sometimes MJ gets carried away with her admonishments. Only personal attacks need to be addressed.

Perhaps MJ feels threatened when other blogs post items quicker than she does. If she reads this I may be the next to get banned, lol.

RE: Venting - Idol Forums & All Things Weird - alpha7388 - 03-11-2012

That takes some gall banning you on the article on your video. But, more important to give Haley the exposure. She personally thanked you, how can you sleep at night?

RE: Venting - Idol Forums & All Things Weird - LegallyReinhart - 05-19-2012

I've been banned thrice from MJs -- all three times were last year under different names when certain select (apparent MJ faves) posters repeatedly called Haley a whore. I commented that calling any of the idols whores was inappropriate.

Then MJ banned me. And again. And again. Meh. Just create a new username. It's easy to get around her system.