The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other Idols & Other Shows (http://haleyfans.com/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: I'm Casey and I just got signed. (/thread-471.html)

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Tusk - 09-04-2012

MAE
I can't find it, but I'm pretty sure Himm2 said somewhere that Harry and Patti sat two rows in front of him at Casey's show

Edit: Found it at IDF
Quote:The Reinhart Family (minus Haley) sat in front of me to see Casey Play the Buffalo Grove Days BGPalooza stage tonight:

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - john - 09-04-2012

(09-04-2012, 05:56 AM)My Alter Ego Wrote:
(09-04-2012, 01:32 AM)john Wrote: Simple Life posted by Himmm2

Note to Casey: This song demands you on bass!

It's kind of hard to tell (because the view is only the back and partial side view of his head) but is Harry Reinhart in the audience?

That is the back of Harry's head at the 2 sec mark. Himmm1 mentions that in his notes on the clip.
Quote:Published on Sep 3, 2012 by Himmm2
Buffalo Grove Days 9-2-12. Starts and ends with the back of the head of Haley Reinhart's Dad, Harry.

Oh, and here's one with the bass.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - My Alter Ego - 09-04-2012

^^^Thanks, T-Man and Dr. J. That would explain why I saw someone I thought was Haley's dad, even though it's the back of his head (for the most part). I'm glad Haley's family was there to support Casey. I would imagine he appreciated it.

And, Dr. J., thanks for finding a song where Casey's playing bass. However, that wasn't my point, so I'll try to be more clear. The foundation of "Simple Life" is a strong, syncopated bass line and of this group, the most likely candidate for providing that would be -- Mr. Casey Abrams. That foundation is missing in the video above, because he's not playing (bad Casey, bad boy!!Tongue). I don't mean to discredit any of his band, because, not surprisingly, when he picking out musicians for his band, he selected those who can keep up with him (!), but I'm missing that strong foundation for "Simple Life."

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - john - 09-04-2012

(09-04-2012, 01:26 PM)My Alter Ego Wrote: ^^^Thanks, T-Man and Dr. J. That would explain why I saw someone I thought was Haley's dad, even though it's the back of his head (for the most part). I'm glad Haley's family was there to support Casey. I would imagine he appreciated it.

And, Dr. J., thanks for finding a song where Casey's playing bass. However, that wasn't my point, so I'll try to be more clear. The foundation of "Simple Life" is a strong, syncopated bass line and of this group, the most likely candidate for providing that would be -- Mr. Casey Abrams. That foundation is missing in the video above, because he's not playing (bad Casey, bad boy!!Tongue). I don't mean to discredit any of his band, because, not surprisingly, when he picking out musicians for his band, he selected those who can keep up with him (!), but I'm missing that strong foundation for "Simple Life."

Yes, Casey should have been playing bass on Simple Life. I wonder why he decided not to play on that one.

(09-04-2012, 01:49 PM)john Wrote:
(09-04-2012, 01:26 PM)My Alter Ego Wrote: ^^^Thanks, T-Man and Dr. J. That would explain why I saw someone I thought was Haley's dad, even though it's the back of his head (for the most part). I'm glad Haley's family was there to support Casey. I would imagine he appreciated it.

Yes, Casey should have been playing bass on Simple Life. I wonder why he decided not to play on that one.

I wonder too -- although, while I'm not certain, here's a possible explanation. I don't want to go back and watch the video right now, but if I recall correctly his bass seemed to be out in the sun. I know that a great number of instruments are impacted by temperature -- my experience has been with cold (playing in pepband in Eastern Washington for football games in late October when it can be pretty chilly at night!) -- but I can imagine that if strings warm up too much, it could present constant tuning problems. (The strings might also be a bit too hot to touch.)

Midnight, would you care to comment?

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - midnightblues - 09-04-2012

Sure. His on his standup bass he has gut strings not flat wound nickel plated. The strings do have a tendency to warp slightly but that's if you have your instrument in a cold environment and then suddenly taking it to a warm environment or vice versa. It's not so much the strings warp it's the instrument that wants to tweak. Especially hollow bodied instruments. Like his standard standup bass that is hollow body. His bass guitar is a solid body instrument that would take quite a bit of exposure in the sun before it started to go off tune. It's just not good practice to leave your instrument out to her can be exposed by the elements especially if you have a high-gloss finish which has a tendency to yellow. It gives you the vintage look. His bass guitar is probably made out of solid maple or mahogany which does well in the elements of mother Earth. Hope this helps.Cool

^^^Thanks, Midnight -- it did help. At least, it helped explain why he might not have played the stand up bass. And I agree -- in general, the elements are hard on instruments -- and the finer the instrument's quality, the more sensitive it is. Casey needs to take care of that beauty he has.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Haleylvr4evr - 09-04-2012

Here's my last video! "Rock with you"

I do have one more that I wasn't planning on uploading since I don't really like the song. It's called "So Smooth" by Santanna. If you guys want to see it I can post it for you

^Thanks, Haleylvr4evr! While this was fun to listen to and it certainly provided much opportunity for Casey to improvise, am I the only one who finds Casey doing an MJ song somewhat incongruous and out of character?

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Babbs234 - 09-05-2012

Thank you Haleylvr4evr for all your great photos and videos. Great picture of you and Casey too!

And thank you to Himm too for his videos from Buffalo Grove days!Big Grin