The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other Idols & Other Shows (http://haleyfans.com/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: I'm Casey and I just got signed. (/thread-471.html)

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Babbs234 - 07-19-2013

Mae, Casey is very engaging to see live, and a very talented musician. That's why I try to see him when he appears around Chicago. He puts on a great show!

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - kaypea - 07-20-2013

Ha ha-I like how he takes his cell phone out at the end of the last tune and starts shooting video of the audience applauding.Also like hearing him on electric bass for a change.He sounds great and it definitely whets the appetite for upcoming gig with Haley.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - My Alter Ego - 07-20-2013

(07-19-2013, 10:14 PM)Babbs234 Wrote: Mae, Casey is very engaging to see live, and a very talented musician. That's why I try to see him when he appears around Chicago. He puts on a great show!

Babbs, I'm well aware that Casey is talented. I imagine most people on this site are tired of hearing me say that.

The point that I was attempting to make (poorly, it seems) is that in this setting, Casey was calmer than he frequently is when performing, but engaged/engaging even though he was calm. He sometimes comes across as sort of frantic/manic to me. While some (or many) might find that energizing, for me it is stressful, and robs me of energy. While that doesn't take away my ability to be in awe of his jaw dropping talent, it does diminish my ability to appreciate his performance.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Tusk - 08-02-2013

Casey Abrams Makes the Jump from Idyllwild to Burbank

[Image: caseyabramsamericanidol.jpg]

About his debut album:

Quote:“All of the songs on the album are about different girls,” he said from his home in Burbank.

They could include (Bianca) King, a former flame, a dancer, a singer Wink and even his mother

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Himm2 - 08-02-2013

The Reinharts may be sitting at a table with Babbs & I Saturday night watching Casey Perform. Casey wanted them to be the opening act for him but the club had already booked a John & Stephanie acoustic duet.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - buzzenator - 08-02-2013

(07-20-2013, 08:04 AM)My Alter Ego Wrote:
(07-19-2013, 10:14 PM)Babbs234 Wrote: Mae, Casey is very engaging to see live, and a very talented musician. That's why I try to see him when he appears around Chicago. He puts on a great show!

Babbs, I'm well aware that Casey is talented. I imagine most people on this site are tired of hearing me say that.

The point that I was attempting to make (poorly, it seems) is that in this setting, Casey was calmer than he frequently is when performing, but engaged/engaging even though he was calm. He sometimes comes across as sort of frantic/manic to me. While some (or many) might find that energizing, for me it is stressful, and robs me of energy. While that doesn't take away my ability to be in awe of his jaw dropping talent, it does diminish my ability to appreciate his performance.

Well said MAE...if you didn't get your point across the first time, this one is spot on. I, too, have my appreciation interrupted by the side-show theatrics...but still like Casey. They started that Jack Black association at the Idol finale, 2+ years ago. So the idea that comedy is associated with his music makes it hard to concentrate on just the music, or maybe not be taken seriously...jmho. Dodgy

Having said that...I would still like to see him perform in a small-venue, live setting. Cool

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Himm2 - 08-02-2013

(08-02-2013, 08:34 AM)buzzenator Wrote: ...
Having said that...I would still like to see him perform in a small-venue, live setting. Cool

Captain Kirk...have Scotty beam you to Wheeling tomorrow night and you can catch a ride with Babbs & Captain Dinkins to Casey's gig. So who has a greater command of our starship? You Captain Kirk or me Captain Dinkins.

I do somewhat agree with your Casey Observations Buzz & MAE. But even though I don't take Casey as seriously as I should, his whackiness does add more interest to me than it takes away from it.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - buzzenator - 08-02-2013

(08-02-2013, 09:07 AM)Himm2 Wrote:

Captain Kirk...have Scotty beam you to Wheeling tomorrow night and you can catch a ride with Babbs & Captain Dinkins to Casey's gig. So who has a greater command of our starship? You Captain Kirk or me Captain Dinkins.

I do somewhat agree with your Casey Observations Buzz & MAE. But even though I don't take Casey as seriously as I should, his whackiness does add more interest to me than it takes away from it.

Speaking of whackiness...what the h*ll is wrong with the Twins & Sox this year? It was only a few years ago and we were both contending for the division, big rivals and important games. At least we have "Haley & The Reinharts" to look forward to...that's got a nice ring to it. [Image: sign0184.gif] 4 weeks from today![Image: party0033.gif]

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Tom22 - 08-02-2013

(07-20-2013, 08:04 AM)My Alter Ego Wrote:

Maybe he has a new girlfriend ? Smile The "benefits" related to that can make a young man a lot more "comfortable" and less erratic.

Even without the "benefits" Haley's presence sure seems to put him at ease. Perhaps the music they make together lifts the spirit in the same way . ; )

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - My Alter Ego - 08-02-2013

(08-02-2013, 08:34 AM)buzzenator Wrote: Well said MAE...if you didn't get your point across the first time, this one is spot on. I, too, have my appreciation interrupted by the side-show theatrics...but still like Casey. They started that Jack Black association at the Idol finale, 2+ years ago. So the idea that comedy is associated with his music makes it hard to concentrate on just the music, or maybe not be taken seriously...jmho. Dodgy

Ah, shucks, thanks Sir Buzzenator. I, too, would like to see/hear him in a small, live venue, particularly if he's calm Cool and concentrating on his performance quality, instead of the side-show theatrics.

(08-02-2013, 09:07 AM)Himm2 Wrote:

Captain Dinkins, I certainly understand that others -- maybe most others -- enjoy Casey's freestyling, whacky ways. As I said, for me, it often makes me feel uncomfortable, plus, (yes, here I go on my soapbox), he tends to sing better when he doesn't go down that path. And, as astonishingly talented as he is, his voice isn't his musical strength, and he needs to help himself out in that area to the best that he can.

That said, I trust that you, Miss Babbsters, and the Reinharts (I believe that you said they might join you and Babbs, unless I'm mixing this up with something else) will thoroughly enjoy the "Casey concert" tomorrow night. And, if by chance there might be some videos (even if Casey's in his "whacky" mode), I'd be ever so grateful.