The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other Idols & Other Shows (http://haleyfans.com/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: I'm Casey and I just got signed. (/thread-471.html)

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Himm2 - 10-02-2014

(10-02-2014, 12:07 AM)Babbs234 Wrote: Casey recorded a music video in his backyard last June with 12 year old singer Skylar Stecker that now has over 105,000 views.

Skylar has to work on her cartwheels. Only 5 more days until we see Casey again live as I continue on my late night party animal path, as my brain cells get older and older.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Tom22 - 10-08-2014

I thought I'd move this part over to this thread... almost tempted to cut out the article about yoshi's but

http://www.yoshis.com/oakland/jazzclub/artist/show/4617

the bio they give below might be cut and paste from elsewhere or half and half but it's the best I've read.

(even if its in thread somewhere already doesn't hurt to spend some pixels putting it in here again)

Interestingly the Yoshi's jazz club site picked the Lost in London video with his friends and Haley prominently in it as a taste of some of what he does

Quote:24-year-old singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and American Idol finalist Casey Abrams, proves he is here to stay with his self- titled debut album on Concord Records.

Casey, co-wrote sang played bass, acoustic guitar, drums, Wurlitzer and even recorder. Casey Abrams opens with the finger- snapping cool of “Simple Life,” affirming there’s a genuine artist at work here. “Ghosts” and “Get Out,” prove Casey’s capability as a contemporary songwriter, “Wore Out My Soul” shows his R&B balladeer chops and he makes musical mini-movies on both “Great Bright Morning” and “Midnight Girl.”

“Blame It On Me” features Casey’s soulful bass line and vocal agility. Romantic desire is made sexy on “A Boy Can Dream,” and he delivers a vocal tour de force on “Dry Spell.” To cap the disc, Abrams pays homage to Ray Charles on “Hit The Road Jack” performed as a slinky duet with fellow Idol contestant Haley Reinhart (produced by Steve Jordan).

Casey Abrams’ story is that of a born natural, but it’s also the story of a person who studied diligently and worked extremely hard, striving toward his dream of a life in music. He was born in Austin, Texas to professionally accomplished, extraordinarily creative parents. Casey’s mother, Pamela Pierce, a screenwriter and teacher, also plays piano and sings. His father, Ira Abrams currently teaches at Idyllwild Arts Academy, the distinguished private school in the mountains above Palm Springs, California that proved instrumental in shaping Casey’s musical life. The walls of Casey’s childhood home resonated with, “the music of the 1950s and ‘60s,” he states. Even then, he was “hearing those blues riffs and little things that make a song what it is.”

At ten years old, Casey moved to Idyllwild and attended the Idyllwild Summer Arts program prior to enrolling in the academy. By sixth grade he began playing the electric bass guitar and in time gained proficiency on guitar, upright bass, cello, drums, even the sitar. In middle school he started recording orchestral arrangements of his own voice on his karaoke machine. “It was a dream,” he says of the school that cultivates students from diverse backgrounds in music, theatre, dance, visual art, creative writing, moving pictures and interdisciplinary arts. His jazz and upright bass instructor, Marshall Hawkins, played with Miles Davis and Roberta Flack. “He changed my life,” says Casey. “I’m a musician now thanks to Marshall.”

The incredible exposure to the entire range of timeless popular music had an intense influence on Casey’s development. He waxes rhapsodically about jazz icons like Oscar Peterson and Thelonious Monk and “the one song that really changed me: Cannonball Adderley’s version of ‘Autumn Leaves,’ Miles plays on it.” That’s just a small part of his inspiration. He lists James Taylor, Freddie Mercury, AC/DC and even Jack Black as major influences.

Abrams tried out for American Idol in Austin. “I had a heart attack when they chose me,” Casey recalls. “I was like: this is the ticket. As soon as I got that foot in the door I knew I could make it. I was so happy.”

Not too long afterwards, Abrams found himself in London recording his debut album. “It was the best experience, so fun,” he enthuses of being in London, working with producer Martin Terefe, whose credits include Jason Mraz, Train (the hit “Soul Sister”), Mary J Blige, KT Tunstall, a-ha, James Morrison, Martha Wainwright, Cat Stevens, Jamie Cullum and others. “I walked to work every morning to Kensaltown Studios, an amazing workshop filled with musicians, writers and producers. I buzzed the big green door, went up three flights of stairs into the room with the big green couches and just chilled. It didn’t feel like I was making an album, just having a good time, hanging out and making and writing music with friends. London’s just such a creative place.” Casey Abrams reflects the organic creativity he found with his collaborators and the ensuing natural ease that was a hallmark of making it. Even though his prodigious artistic gifts and widescreen creative vision augur many great things in the future, his ambition at heart remains very simple. “I want to make music that people love.” And so he has on his first album, and will continue to do for some time to come.

- See more at: http://www.yoshis.com/oakland/jazzclub/artist/show/4617#sthash.8akxN9CV.dpuf

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Tusk - 10-09-2014

Quote:Tusk ‏@HaleysTusk 6m6 minutes ago
@CaseyBassy manager on Stageit says they have some interest in Seattle & Portland #Finally!!!
Now... to get @HaleyReinhart up here Tongue

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Himm2 - 10-10-2014

Casey's show moves on to Jackson Michigan tonight
http://www.jacksonsymphony.org/events/casey-abrams/?events=casey-abrams
and Benton Harbor tomorrow. Looks like he's getting top dollar @ $35.50 a pop.
http://lmcmainstage.org/casey/

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - My Alter Ego - 10-10-2014

(10-09-2014, 08:18 PM)Tusk Wrote:
Quote:Tusk ‏@HaleysTusk 6m6 minutes ago
@CaseyBassy manager on Stageit says they have some interest in Seattle & Portland #Finally!!!
Now... to get @HaleyReinhart up here Tongue

So glad that you could get that out of Gina. Haley should tour with Casey -- yes, I know it won't happen -- or is extremely unlikely to occur. But it's such a win-win for audience and for Haley (built in back band).

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Himm2 - 10-10-2014

A comedy that Casey will be in is about the durability of family, marriage... and debt. Pre-Order it now for $5!
Sherman Oaks, California, United States Film

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/offer-compromise

Right now most Americans are scratching their heads and trying to figure out what they did wrong. They went to college, they got jobs, married, bought houses, had children and tried to raise them right. Offer & Compromise tells the story of Henry Warner, a middle-class family man. Henry is the victim of a downsized economy and the off-shoring of the American workforce. Henry is over a hundred thousand dollars in debt and is still pretending he has a job he lost six months ago. Henry has a wife who wants someone else's life, a teenage daughter who wants her own apartment, an 8-year-old daughter who wants to be Wayne Gretzky, a five-year-old son who has yet to speak and a mother-in-law who hates him. Henry's fate becomes tied to Travis Parker, a twentysomething recent hire of the Beaumont Credit Collection Agency. Working with the colorful staff of lifers, Travis gets an education in denial and regret. Ultimately, he and the Warner family must join forces to break free of their debts, both financial and emotional.

This funny, uplifting and timely comedy/drama, in the vein of films like Little Miss Sunshine and Silver Linings Playbook, is a collaboration between writer Dylan Otto, producer Tani Cohen and director Valerie Landsburg.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - My Alter Ego - 10-10-2014

(10-10-2014, 12:57 PM)Himm2 Wrote: Casey's show moves on to Jackson Michigan tonight
http://www.jacksonsymphony.org/events/casey-abrams/?events=casey-abrams
and Benton Harbor tomorrow. Looks like he's getting top dollar @ $35.50 a pop.
http://lmcmainstage.org/casey/

I hope both shows sell well. I'm glad to see that the second venue is at a college. Both Haley and Casey should be targeting the college age group more.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - john - 10-10-2014

Casey' SIL video with the "Orchestra of People" is featured prominently on the Jackson Symphony site. That video represents Casey well and could prove to be a good promotional tool. The singing is excellent, the audio quality is excellent, the camera work and editing is great, the lighting is excellent, and so is the overall ambiance that the video portrays. Very impressive work by Casey who gives himself credits as the director, editor, arranger, and main vocalist. He shows what can be done on a shoestring budget, and perhaps how such videos can be useful in this day and age.

BTW, the "Keeno remix" of Casey's song "Get Out" still gets about 3500-4000 views per day. mostly in Europe.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Miguel - 10-11-2014

Quote:Alex Preston ‏@RealAlexPreston 16h

I miss @caseybassy so much https://vine.co/v/OArmlr66laP

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - My Alter Ego - 10-11-2014

^^Nice find, Miguel. The more AI Season 13 went on, the more I recognized that Alex was the true musician of that group, so it doesn't surprise me that he might connect with Casey. (Swansteel, Jena might ultimately be able to surpass Alex's musical gifts, but right now a couple of years and a bit more maturity are on Alex's side. A more intelligent audience would not have put Caleb in the final two, much less the winner.)

John, your assessment and observations of Casey's SIL video were spot on. While I detest the phrase "skill set," Casey's "skill set" is extraordinary. He's beyond "talent," which is just what he was born with. He's done "due diligence" (practiced) musically and in other areas.

He's ... well, haven't I "gushed" enough about Casey's ability. I'm sure I come across as a "silly fangirl" (and, perhaps Casey would like that), when in reality, I'm just in awe of his "skill set." He's so young, and to have done what he's already done, and still just be on the cusp of what he can do. And I have no doubt there's more.