The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other Idols & Other Shows (http://haleyfans.com/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: I'm Casey and I just got signed. (/thread-471.html)

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Miguel - 12-07-2014

I was wondering how Casey hooked up with PMJ and found this in a Billboard interview with Scott Bradlee:

Quote:What drew you to covering Sam Smith's "I'm Not the Only One"?

That one happened spontaneously. We do this residency every Wednesday night as Hyde in West Hollywood. Our sax player is a good friend of Casey Abrams, and he's like, "You gotta meet Casey Abrams." And I'm a big fan of Casey, I think he's an amazing talent -- like what he does, no one else is doing it. And he's only 23 years old, a phenomenal talent. I was so excited to get him down there to perform with us. He just came to soundcheck, and we were throwing out ideas for songs, and he threw that Sam Smith one out, and I was like, "Why don't we make this into a New Orleans thing using that Bo Diddley beat? And get some horns, 'cause we have a horn section there." Just make it into a fun New Orleans bluesy thing, because even songs that were sad in New Orleans had an uplifting quality to them.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6319842/exclusive-scott-bradlee-postmodern-jukebox-sam-smith-cover

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Tom22 - 12-08-2014

(12-07-2014, 06:18 PM)Miguel Wrote: (clip)......."Why don't we make this into a New Orleans thing using that Bo Diddley beat? And get some horns, 'cause we have a horn section there." Just make it into a fun New Orleans bluesy thing, because even songs that were sad in New Orleans had an uplifting quality to them.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/6319842/exclusive-scott-bradlee-postmodern-jukebox-sam-smith-cover
[/quote]

I love that "because even songs that were sad in New Orleans had an uplifting quality to them" .

I feel so strongly that way about the blues and singing them that way with a solemnity filled with hope isn't something every "blues singer" actually pulls off. Too many sing with anger or dissapointment without the sound of fundamental belief that the hardship they sing of is something that will be righted one day through a destiny of a higher good (won't go further into the type of religious faith of NO and gospel based blues)

Back to Casey... not only does he (and Haley too) have that inate connection to that sort of music..
.... But.. if this is part of a Car Advertisement he's bound to get paid pretty well for his time even if he isn't the "star".

I'm not sure if singing in a commercial counts as a spoken line or how they tier payments but at least he'd be likely getting a union pay for the days of recording plus a chance or large residual payments based on how often the ads are used.

The discussion thread in the link below discusses the earnings range in what appears to be a close to first hand knowledge way:

http://ask.metafilter.com/136692/What-do-commercial-actors-get-paid

Seems like the minimum is a few thousand dollars ... not a heck of a lot but one more source of income to pay the rent (and a heck of lot more than he got playing at Yoshii's which probably came down to selling 20 T-shirts and a few CDs as I agree he wouldn't get anything from such a small ticket sales)

For fun, I link anothe article below that describes how much money some Actors have made when they become an intrigal part of a national campaign.

http://www.therichest.com/rich-list/world/5-richest-commercial-actors/?view=all

They estimate the Progressive girl making 500k a year and the subway guy worth 15 million. I'd think it would be the other way around but I suppose the deal they negotiated up front and there willingness to give high "take it or leave it' risks determine whether a residual hits the jackpot or if they can demand super high payment for follow on ads.

It seems like they make money in the range of even some super-star singers these days (and I'm pretty sure that the income that Adam Levine or Keith Urban make from their "coach"/judge roles on the singinig shows also make them as much as they're making net on their hit songs these days and both have hits)

So... I agree that by being out there singing the small clubs, they get exposure to other singers and opportunities which can lead to stuff that does or could pay A LOT of money.

Couple things about that for Haley. 1) reiterating what I've said elsewhere> i think the song writing is front and center of how she(or Casey) can make her talent as a singer make her real money. For me it isn't just a "way to get by" but should be a primary focus that will give her the "longevity" as a singer/artist .... money won't only possibly make her rich but it will also let her keep singing gigs that might not pay at all to stay in the loop and limelight in addition to letting her do the other things she loves beyond the song writing.
> haley did also do that sort of "save the environment" studio singing recently > that one might have been a charity freebie but a similar one that might get included in a commercial ad campaign could pay very very well.

2) TUSK > what you're doing putting up Haley's videos in increasingly great quality really really is helping her IMO . It's clear to me that many real performers and industry people must Google her and get to see her videos you made available.

3) back to Casey... some of his fans have put up fairly decent live recordings (not as big an assortment as yours) but Casey also had done those self-produced almost professional videos of himself which must be a huge advertisement that could lead to bigger things.

> Casey's movie might be another such thing ... showing (or not.. but it won't be a 'not') he's screen worthy. Performing "nationally" might not make him any money but it does make him more than a nobody and can only help his stage presence and craft in ways that improve the quality of what he can do.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Tusk - 12-09-2014

Quote:Mike Bray ‏@MikeBrayMusic 51m51 minutes ago
Episode one! Chevy Van Sessions with the incredible Casey Abrams. http://fb.me/2rEL5EsOY

Quote:Casey Abrams ‏@CaseyBassy 1m1 minute ago
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYqnRvMaTNA&feature=youtu.be
This is awesome. Check out this sweet Van Smile and a fun version of Cougartown

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Tusk - 12-10-2014

(12-08-2014, 11:08 AM)Tom22 Wrote: 2) TUSK > what you're doing putting up Haley's videos in increasingly great quality really really is helping her IMO . It's clear to me that many real performers and industry people must Google her and get to see her videos you made available.

Thanks, I do what I can to help Haley, that's my primary motivation, also to get video to fans who can't be there.

I'm glad to have had that acknowledged by Haley and some of her friends I've talked with

adsfdas - john - 12-13-2014

The most recent comments on Casey's PMJ video:
Quote:Michael Blum 1 hour ago
Damned good shit! I have done standing ovations in front of my monitor!

Spool Lyger 10 hours ago
More amazing voices!

Inediblehulk 15 hours ago
Wow. What a cracker! Duet with the awesome chick who did the 'all about the bass' with her upright bass? Yes please!!!

Steve Wilson 15 hours ago
I lost track of the number of times I have watched this now. This is just so perfect!

timothy Pate 20 hours ago
Love the horns on this Track they stand out so well.

I wondered whatever became of Casey Abrams. Like him on Idol.

Over 10,000 likes Wink

RE: Connections -- Haley's Musical Buddies - Babbs234 - 12-13-2014

(12-13-2014, 01:37 PM)john Wrote: The most recent comments on Casey's PMJ video:
Quote:Michael Blum 1 hour ago
Damned good shit! I have done standing ovations in front of my monitor!

Spool Lyger 10 hours ago
More amazing voices!

Inediblehulk 15 hours ago
Wow. What a cracker! Duet with the awesome chick who did the 'all about the bass' with her upright bass? Yes please!!!

Steve Wilson 15 hours ago
I lost track of the number of times I have watched this now. This is just so perfect!

Love the horns on this Track they stand out so well.

I wondered whatever became of Casey Abrams. Like him on Idol.

Over 10,000 likes Wink

I"m amazed that the PMJ video with Casey got so many likes. Im very happy for him. Great comments all around. Can't WAIT for the video
that Haley filmed with them. Hope it's out soon! Smile

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Miguel - 12-13-2014

Quote:cswmer
4 hours ago
Adorable! @imthekatie and @therealsarahhyland backing up @caseybassy singing #MangoTree #ToysForTots #ATTHoliday

http://instagram.com/p/wkbFmxDwnw/

Quote:cswmer
5 hours ago
What a treat to hear @Caseybassy at the #ATTHoliday party tonight! #BlessedLife

http://instagram.com/p/wkYCSgDwiJ/

RE: Connections -- Haley's Musical Buddies - Tusk - 12-14-2014

private party
Quote:Avelene @IHARTHALEYDAILY · 6h 6 hours ago
SARAH HYLAND SINGING WITH CASEY. OMG. http://instagram.com/p/wkbFmxDwnw/?modal=true

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Miguel - 12-14-2014

Quote:Casey Abrams ‏@CaseyBassy 37s37 seconds ago

Me, Quinton and @Sarah_Hyland at #ATTholiday #Toys4Tots GOOD VIBRATIONS MAN!!!!! [Image: B42ImpfCMAEpNQZ.jpg:large]

Sarah's 24. I was thinking she was still a teenager.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Miguel - 12-14-2014

Quote:scottbradlee
2 hours ago
Bass faces w @caseybassy & @katedavismusic #pmj

[Image: 10838295_335011450016158_1997196839_n.jpg]