The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
Music Videos - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other Musical Subjects (http://haleyfans.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: Music Videos (/thread-620.html)

RE: Music Videos - buzzenator - 06-08-2012

(06-08-2012, 12:30 AM)john Wrote: Welch brought his influence to Fleetwood Mac with its ever changing lineup in the early 1970s. Sad to hear of his death. Suicide. Sad

Nice selection of Bob Welch songs John...remembering the hypnotic 'Hypnotized'. It has to be hard for older performers, no longer in the limelight...what do I do now, where are my fans?

RE: Music Videos - john - 06-08-2012

(06-08-2012, 05:18 AM)buzzenator Wrote:
(06-08-2012, 12:30 AM)john Wrote: Welch brought his influence to Fleetwood Mac with its ever changing lineup in the early 1970s. Sad to hear of his death. Suicide. Sad

Nice selection of Bob Welch songs John...remembering the hypnotic 'Hypnotized'. It has to be hard for older performers, no longer in the limelight...what do I do now, where are my fans?

It is a nice selection -- all courtesy of Tusk.

RE: Music Videos - buzzenator - 06-08-2012

(06-08-2012, 09:29 AM)john Wrote:
(06-08-2012, 05:18 AM)buzzenator Wrote:

It is a nice selection -- all courtesy of Tusk.

My bad...nice job Tusk. He gets way too much credit as it is though...[Image: tongue0007.gif]

RE: Music Videos - Tusk - 06-08-2012

Tongue
My energy for posting has ebbed recently, so I forced myself to listen to some 'non-Haley' songs to mix it up.
"Hypnotized" (as well as Queen's "The Prophet Song") was one of the first songs played to me by a buddy who had this top of the line stereo/speakers, a real audio-phile. It was something to hear in Hi Fidelity Stereo from an LP. To hear it in pristine sound, with that driving rhythm on the Mick Fleetwood inflected drums <3...

Was just a bummer to see Welch's name in headline's a couple of days later, only to read the bad news.

Even though the members of FM still performed and were friends with him after he left, and he hit it pretty big with his rookie solo effort, French Kiss, Welch never forgave himself for his untimely departure before FM's huge rise into Rock and Roll immortality. (Even though, Nicks/Buckingham were the final pieces of the puzzle..."Fleetwood Mac" and "Rumors" would not have been the same albums or even existed if Welch stayed on and without N/B)

FM fans will remember him, but most everybody else will know FM as M. Fleetwood, the McVie's and Nicks/Buckingham.

FM were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but Welch was not included. Among many regrets of near fame that Welch lived with. To walk among the R&R Immortals, but not be considered one of them.

RIP Bob.

RE: Music Videos - Shela - 06-08-2012

(06-08-2012, 12:10 PM)Tusk Wrote: Tongue
My energy for posting has ebbed recently, so I forced myself to listen to some 'non-Haley' songs to mix it up.
"Hypnotized" (as well as Queen's "The Prophet Song") was one of the first songs played to me by a buddy who had this top of the line stereo/speakers, a real audio-phile. It was something to hear in Hi Fidelity Stereo from an LP. To hear it in pristine sound, with that driving rhythm on the Mick Fleetwood inflected drums <3...

Was just a bummer to see Welch's name in headline's a couple of days later, only to read the bad news.

Even though the members of FM still performed and were friends with him after he left, and he hit it pretty big with his rookie solo effort, French Kiss, Welch never forgave himself for his untimely departure before FM's huge rise into Rock and Roll immortality. (Even though, Nicks/Buckingham were the final pieces of the puzzle..."Fleetwood Mac" and "Rumors" would not have been the same albums or even existed if Welch stayed on and without N/B)

FM fans will remember him, but most everybody else will know FM as M. Fleetwood, the McVie's and Nicks/Buckingham.

FM were inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, but Welch was not included. Among many regrets of near fame that Welch lived with. To walk among the R&R Immortals, but not be considered one of them.

RIP Bob.

Thanks for the music...you keep up bringing those old feelings that are so warm and dear to many of us, I´m sure about it, Hope your energy for posting as often peak up...if not, you´ll be sorely missed. Huh

RE: Music Videos - john - 06-09-2012

Country Girl (acoustic). Recorded at the first big name concert I attended.

RE: Music Videos - Tusk - 06-09-2012

(06-08-2012, 09:47 PM)Shela Wrote: Thanks for the music...you keep up bringing those old feelings that are so warm and dear to many of us, I´m sure about it, Hope your energy for posting as often peak up...if not, you´ll be sorely missed. Huh
Heart, thnx Shela, I do appreciate the nice words. My thousands of posts in less than two years can be exhausting Tongue . It's a wonder I'm still going LOL

Music is something we use as memory markers, it can transport you back to a time and place, it has the ability to stir your soul, to stimulate senses that might have laid dormant.

It's fun to look back and realise just how quality the music was back then. We easily slip music in the '70's into molds like "Disco" and "Classic Rock", which is a shame because there were so many quality musicians and songs.

For instance...anyone remember Boz Skaggs?

RE: Music Videos - midnightblues - 06-09-2012

RIP BoB Welch
I get Boz scaggs And Kat Stevens mixed up Silk degree was a good album for Boz, With Lido on it

RE: Music Videos - My Alter Ego - 06-09-2012

(06-09-2012, 01:45 AM)john Wrote:

To me, this song is Sir Elton at his best, in terms of the musicality of his piano playing and the simplicity and sweetness of both the melody and his singing. His enunciation, however, is a completely different story! This guy's really a Brit?? (LOL)

(06-09-2012, 07:09 AM)Tusk Wrote: Music is something we use as memory markers, it can transport you back to a time and place, it has the ability to stir your soul, to stimulate senses that might have laid dormant.

For instance...anyone remember Boz Skaggs?

I do remember Boz Skaggs, Tusk. Thank you for reminding me of how much I liked "Lowdown," a song that had drifted out of my memory. "Look What You've Done to Me" seemed vaguely reminiscent, thanks for posting the video. At the end, the back up singers were extraordinary!

I also appreciate the phrase you used: memory markers. That's huge! Is that another "Tusk original"?

So here are the ways I know of "describing" (perhaps not the correct term) music: a.) universal language; b.) a lifetime need; c.) it can "alter" time (i.e.: be so absorbing/consuming that whether playing or listening, you simply loose track of time); and in adding Tusk's point above d.) a memory marker.

Are there some other generalizations out there you can think of that should be added?

RE: Music Videos - cherelann - 06-09-2012

^^^^

e.) love affair for the ears

f.) rhythm for the body

g.) a respite for the weary

h.) panacea for the soul