The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
"Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album (/thread-689.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - gillyking - 05-14-2012

(05-13-2012, 11:40 PM)midnightblues Wrote: OK well now that your here we can have that little talk.And I dont want you to start crying Wasted Tears over that liar of a friend.He should have hit the ground running long after he came undone,. Cant you see he was just in a wonderland? state of mind?Now please Listen up ok?You say that you want to be free, but you still keep comming back, and what you dont know is, if you break it off you will be wallking on heaven for once in your life.I just dont wan to see you caught un in that spider web again ok?any how follow meIM RIGHT BEHIND YOU OK??? laters DRIVE SAFE AngelConfusedDodgy
OH if he calls and says lets runaway dont do it

Midnight... Yer a freaking monsterTongue haha!

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - john - 05-15-2012

I happened upon the OK! interview that Haley did last May. The interviewer brings up Bennie as a turning point and, as she did with Slezak, Haley brought up the song she did the week before -- You Really Got a Hold On Me (around 1:40 of the interview).

She sez "...I don't talk about it that much but I feel like that song really does define me. I mean it was a Beatles song but covered from Motown from before the Beatles covered it. And that's like perfect for me. I mean it's a sultry [interupted]"

I haven't listened to that in a while, but there's a lot of gritty power there (and those amazing notes at the end). Do we hear it in the album? The theme of the song with the conflicting emotions is familiar.

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Flask Man - 05-15-2012

Excellent post, John. While she has the utmost reverence for The Beatles, clearly the Motown sound is what she holds nearest and dearest.

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Tusk - 05-15-2012

(05-15-2012, 12:18 AM)Flask Man Wrote: Excellent post, John. While she has the utmost reverence for The Beatles, clearly the Motown sound is what she holds nearest and dearest.
That must be why she answered thusly in a recent interview...

Quote:It’s a really interesting year for music so far, and you’re coming up, like you said, at the exact right time. Thinking of earlier eras, what’s THE classic song or album you couldn’t live without?

“There’s a million and one songs, but if I had to choose one album, I probably would go with a Beatles album, just because I’ve literally grown up with their entire catalogue embedded in my brain. Listening with my whole family and it takes me back to times with them. Abbey Road is one of the most incredible albums ever written, and the collaboration between John Lennon and Paul McCartney is just amazing, so anything from them. So maybe Abbey Road or Rubber Soul or Sgt. Pepper’s…

I was just about to ask if you were more of an early Beatles, mid-Beatles, or late-Beatles fan.

“Ah! I’m an all-over fan! I grew up with Beatles For Sale. That was the album that I grew up with as a kid. That was really old stuff, I mean, “Baby’s In Black” and all that, and I absolutely love it. And I just follow everything they do, the psychedelic age, I mean they evolved. That’s the coolest thing about The Beatles, they evolved so much in a short span of less than 10 years, around six years, so really, that’s just too much!”
Tongue yup the Beatles are only revered and not near to her heart....
Make no mistake who is nearest and dearest to her heart, musically....
Supposedly, She even added a Backmasking audio in homage to the Beatles in "Follow Me" (I'm interested to find out what the message is ....Big Grin)

She mentions her affection for Jazz musicians more than Mowtown..... She mentions CBR and Esmerelda Spalding alot...but off the top of my head I can't name a mowtown act that she mentions more than those people. I think Mowtown figured significantly in the construction and theme of the album. Maybe it's just what fits her most with the opportunities available, at this time. But I can't agree she holds Mowtown nearer to her heart than the Fab Four.

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Flask Man - 05-15-2012

(05-15-2012, 12:36 AM)Tusk Wrote: Maybe it's just what fits her most with the opportunities available, at this time. But I can't agree she holds Mowtown nearer to her heart than the Fab Four.

You make a good point! I agree that "nearest and dearest" was not the best choice of words in describing Motown for Haley. Should have said: "While the Beatles are the group she holds nearest and dearest to her heart among the many musical influences she admires and draws from, Motown is the sound she as an artist most closely identifies herself with at this time."

Big Grin

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - alpha7388 - 05-16-2012

I am not a fan of rap but Oh My! sure has the Haley Wail I love so much and at full-cry. Nobody can wail like that.

Lately I am digging Keep Coming Back and Undone. I think Undone could be a super-ballad.

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - john - 05-17-2012

Quote:Courtney Leonard ‏@KortHaussProd
Gearing up for another round of promo tour with @HaleyReinhart. #letsdoitagain

Methinks Haley is about to catch fire. We've a little taste of the B.o.b./hip-hop/RnB crowd reacting to Oh My, and from a marketing perspective having b.o.b on a song looks like brilliant move. Next we will get the reaction to the album as a whole, as well as to specific songs. Undone will generate it's own buzz, as will other songs on the album. Listen Up! has something for everyone. Time for next phase, new wave.

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Flask Man - 05-17-2012

I was obsessed with Spiderweb from the first listen of the preview, and fully expect when I hear the full version I'm going to need medication and counseling to reenter society. The haunting, psycho-sexual intensity of that song, rocked out as only Haley can, is my personal weakness. Stick a fork in me come Monday, because I'm gonna be done.

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - alpha7388 - 05-17-2012

[Image: hear+speak+see+no+evil.jpg]

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - john - 05-17-2012

Liar:
http://www.vmuziku.ru/index.php?s=audio&text=Haley%20Reinhart%20Liar&mode=name

Over-produced at the end? The downside of Kleiner might be a tendency to overdo some effects.