The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
"Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album (/thread-689.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Miguel - 05-22-2012

Nice review. I think many of us feel this:

Quote:But this. This is different.

I'm not sure I fully understand. I mean, yes she's a beautiful 21 year old with an amazing voice. Yes, she seems to be a particularly good soul (I've watched a LOT of interviews at this point). She has great poise. She's a throwback to music I loved (Motown/Girl Groups). But I'm a 41-year-old gay male. This feels ... odd. Am I attracted to her? Yes! But I think what I'm attracted to is her spirit.

I might go so far as to surmise the people who signed her and worked with her were similarly smitten and that paved the way for the creative freedom she enjoyed on Listen Up!.

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Mr. Bill - 05-22-2012

(05-22-2012, 09:32 AM)ac and bb love haley Wrote:
(05-22-2012, 08:18 AM)Mr. Bill Wrote: http://billkonigsberg.blogspot.com/2012/05/listen-up.html

I'm not sure I fully understand. I mean, yes she's a beautiful 21 year old with an amazing voice. Yes, she seems to be a particularly good soul (I've watched a LOT of interviews at this point). She has great poise. She's a throwback to music I loved (Motown/Girl Groups). But I'm a 41-year-old gay male. This feels ... odd. Am I attracted to her? Yes! But I think what I'm attracted to is her spirit.

I couldn't agree more Mr. Bill. As a straight married female, I have had to wonder why I am so obsessed with her and yes attracted to her as well. Thanks for putting that into perspective for me. You are a wise man! Big Grin And yes, I too think her album is PERFECT!

Thanks... and it's nice to talk to folks who understand my obsession. I am annoying all my Facebook friends with my incessant Haley posts. I think I am in de-friending danger at this point Rolleyes

Quote:T-Rev ‏@TrevMusicXpert

Wasn't a big fan of Haley Reinhart on American Idol but her debut album is really good.....I'm surprised!

Quote:Chris Toomajanian ‏@christooma

I don't normally buy a record for an artist's voice, but I love her's. #nowplaying Listen Up! by Haley Reinhart http://open.spotify.com/album/7fr1QRY9XzJIOfMZQhwANs

Quote:Shelley Brown ‏@ShelleyBFox8

Last season's American Idol 2nd runner up Haley Reinhart and me.. Love her! She released her album in L.A. today! http://twitpic.com/9o2lbn

^ Fox News Person. Nice pic of Haley that is huge when viewed at full size. You can tell the CD is holding has a sticker that says it is the property of the record company (must be a promotional disk).

Quote:Louis Aguirre ‏@LOUISAGUIRRE

‪#idol‬ pic of the day. Me and my season 10 fave @HaleyReinhart. Her debut cd drops today. @NYTimes gave it a rave. https://twitter.com/LOUISAGUIRRE/status/204985465365999616/photo/1/large

^ Miami TV host w/2600 followers. Haley is apparently making the rounds around Idol today.

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - john - 05-22-2012

(05-22-2012, 08:18 AM)Mr. Bill Wrote: Hey guys... I wanted to share with you my review of Listen Up! from my blog. I am actually an author and I write a blog that gets some hits, not a ton. But anyway, I've been writing about Haley since Benny and the Jets and since I've been posting here a lot recently, I thought I'd share:

http://billkonigsberg.blogspot.com/2012/05/listen-up.html

Quote:Yes! But I think what I'm attracted to is her spirit.

Mr. Bill, thanks for sharing your thoughts about Haley, her album, and your feelings toward her. Haliens of all stripes can relate to the comment I highlighted. You may have also furthered our understanding of the "Haleysexual" phenomenon.

I'm one of those Haley "dads." She's hot, for sure, but it is her spirit along with her voice that I find most attractive. She manages to combine sweetness, kindness, sexiness, and dorkiness with confidence, ambition, and a thick skin into an amazing package.

BTW, it this your 4.5 star book? http://www.amazon.com/Out-Pocket-Bill-Konigsberg/dp/0525479961/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337708113&sr=8-1

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Mr. Bill - 05-22-2012

(05-22-2012, 11:34 AM)john Wrote:
(05-22-2012, 08:18 AM)Mr. Bill Wrote: Hey guys... I wanted to share with you my review of Listen Up! from my blog. I am actually an author and I write a blog that gets some hits, not a ton. But anyway, I've been writing about Haley since Benny and the Jets and since I've been posting here a lot recently, I thought I'd share:

Mr. Bill, thanks for sharing your thoughts about Haley, her album, and your feelings toward her. Haliens of all stripes can relate to the comment I highlighted. You may have also furthered our understanding of the "Haleysexual" phenomenon.

I'm one of those Haley "dads." She's hot, for sure, but it is her spirit along with her voice that I find most attractive. She manages to combine sweetness, kindness, sexiness, and dorkiness with confidence, ambition, and a thick skin into an amazing package.

BTW, it this your 4.5 star book? http://www.amazon.com/Out-Pocket-Bill-Konigsberg/dp/0525479961/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337708113&sr=8-1

Hi John, I couldn't agree more about the things she combines. She's very self-possessed, which is a very attractive characteristic. And yes, the dorkiness. I almost put that in my review and then I took it out...

Yes, that is my book :-)
Bill

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Haleylvr4evr - 05-22-2012

I had my mom hear the whole cd today and she loves it! Said there's a few that really stood out to her, but wants to hear it again to really know what her favorites are. And I made my doggys dance with me! But by the time HTGR came on, they were mad and wanted to be lazy again haha

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - buzzenator - 05-23-2012

(05-22-2012, 12:01 PM)Mr. Bill Wrote:
(05-22-2012, 11:34 AM)john Wrote:

Hi John, I couldn't agree more about the things she combines. She's very self-possessed, which is a very attractive characteristic. And yes, the dorkiness. I almost put that in my review and then I took it out...

Yes, that is my book :-)
Bill

I loved the review Mr. Bill. I loved the whole humor angle on your biography through the amazon link...very funny.

What is the attractive force at work with Haley? My wife was mocking my "Haley Pinups" (the postcards that came with the CD preorder). She still doesn't get the whole Haley attraction...she thinks it is some kind of mid-life crisis for me (nice try Buzz, mid-life is in the rear view mirror) of a physical nature. I remind her, Haley could be my daughter, so stop with the creepy fanboy comments.

If you could take some of the best things from the 50s 60s & 70s and clone those into a 1990 born female singer...this could explain why she is so attractive to the "I remember where I was when JFK was shot" crowd. A personality and smile that lights up the room, a voice that penetrates the very marrow of your being, stylish and confident with an adorkable humility...these are just some of the things that make her so beautiful and mesmerizing to so many of all ages.

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Mr. Bill - 05-23-2012

(05-23-2012, 11:14 AM)buzzenator Wrote: I loved the review Mr. Bill. I loved the whole humor angle on your biography through the amazon link...very funny.

What is the attractive force at work with Haley? My wife was mocking my "Haley Pinups" (the postcards that came with the CD preorder). She still doesn't get the whole Haley attraction...she thinks it is some kind of mid-life crisis for me (nice try Buzz, mid-life is in the rear view mirror) of a physical nature. I remind her, Haley could be my daughter, so stop with the creepy fanboy comments.

If you could take some of the best things from the 50s 60s & 70s and clone those into a 1990 born female singer...this could explain why she is so attractive to the "I remember where I was when JFK was shot" crowd. A personality and smile that lights up the room, a voice that penetrates the very marrow of your being, stylish and confident with an adorkable humility...these are just some of the things that make her so beautiful and mesmerizing to so many of all ages.

I think the way you're saying it is exactly right. My other half does the same thing your wife does in terms of thinking it's something creepy when it's really not. She's a throwback. She reminds me of girls I knew in college in terms of how she talks and her sensibility. Haley mentioned in an interview that she was brought up around a lot of adults and that shows. She's an older soul. Yes, she's gorgeous and young, but she's the kind of person I'd want to have lunch with and joke around.

It was all sealed with the lipstick incident last year, and then the way she wiped off the "Bottom 3" stool before sitting in it. I was mesmerized then, and I don't know if anyone's ever put it better than you did in that last paragraph!

Thanks, by the way, re: the review and my Amazon bio. I need to update that. It's been a bunch of years.

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Haleylvr4evr - 05-23-2012

Played in the car today, and now my mom says her favs are "Oh my", "wonderland", and "keep coming back" with Harry's guitar! Didnt get all through the cd, but she loves it and she's excited for Saturday Smile