The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
"Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album (/thread-689.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Flask Man - 06-11-2012

(06-11-2012, 01:41 PM)Haleylvr4evr Wrote: "Lets Run Away" makes me feel like I'm on a beach in hawaii!! I just love the ukelele Smile

Makes me feel like I'm here at the beach here at the beach (South Florida). Big GrinTongueCool

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Haleylvr4evr - 06-22-2012

I just heard FREE on tv!!!! Every morning the news plays songs when going to commercials it they played it! Just a little snippet of the chorus, but I still screamed haha. That should be enough to keep me happy until I can see her on WCL Smile

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - My Alter Ego - 06-22-2012

As I was driving home from work this afternoon, a Carole King song was haunting me, so when I got home I started searching YouTube for it. I didn't find what I was looking for, but I just started listening to her stuff -- she wrote a lot of great tunes that have had extraordinary longevity. Ultimately, I listened to "Tapestry."

For you youngsters, the album Tapestry may have been the '70's equivalent of Adele's 21. From Wikipedia: "Tapestry was an instant success. With numerous hit singles – including a Billboard No.1 with "It's Too Late" – Tapestry held the No.1 spot for 15 consecutive weeks, remained on the charts for nearly six years, sold 10 million copies in the United States, and 25 million worldwide. The album garnered four Grammy Awards including Album of the Year; Best Pop Vocal Performance, Female; Record of the Year ("It's Too Late," lyrics by Toni Stern); and Song of the Year, become the first woman to win the award ("You've Got a Friend"). The album signalled the era of platinum albums, though it was issued prior to the invention of the platinum certification by the RIAA. It would eventually be certified Diamond.[7] Tapestry was the top-selling solo album until Michael Jackson's Thriller in 1982.[citation needed] The album was later placed at 36 on Rolling Stone's "500 Greatest Albums of All Time" list."

Now, what does all that have to do with Haley Reinhart, you ask?

Well, guess whose CD was being advertised on that page? While most likely a coincidence, I'd like to think of it as foreshadowing or an omen. Shy

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - midnightblues - 06-22-2012

Tapestry was one of her premier albums that's what first got me interested in listening to Carol King. In 1971 there was a huge earthquake in Southern California, on the north end of the San Fernando Valley in Sylmar. For some reason the radio stations at that time kept playing one of Carol King songs,( I feel the earth move) needless to say Carol King was honored a few months ago as a premier singer-songwriter. And Haley was chosen to sing one of her songs. I really hope that another Carol King will evolve someday and be able to write to music that had a lot of meaning to it in the 70s.

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Julia - 06-22-2012

(06-11-2012, 01:41 PM)Haleylvr4evr Wrote: "Lets Run Away" makes me feel like I'm on a beach in hawaii!! I just love the ukelele Smile

Am I the only one who thinks this song should definetely have Casey's on?? (sorry i'm late if someone already mentioned this - i just got here at the forum!

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - LovinDaHaley - 06-22-2012

Hi Julia, I'm kind of new here too but welcome to haleyfans.com. I love your tumblr blog Smile You pick really cute stuff to post there. Thanks for the link.

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Julia - 06-22-2012

Ohh thank you, thats really sweet of you!
Hope I can chat with other haliens with this tumblr, i did it so we can share cute stuff and chat about her! Smile

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - buzzenator - 06-23-2012

(06-22-2012, 11:37 PM)Julia Wrote: Ohh thank you, thats really sweet of you!
Hope I can chat with other haliens with this tumblr, i did it so we can share cute stuff and chat about her! Smile

Hey Julia...welcome to HaleyFans. I love the Gifs you have going on your blog, especially this one:

[Image: tumblr_m6014xWBce1rqokkro3_250.gif]

Haley's always shooting someone...just part of being The Slayer. [Image: fighting0098.gif]

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Julia - 06-23-2012

(06-22-2012, 11:10 PM)LovinDaHaley Wrote: Hi Julia, I'm kind of new here too but welcome to haleyfans.com. I love your tumblr blog Smile You pick really cute stuff to post there. Thanks for the link.

(06-23-2012, 07:14 AM)buzzenator Wrote:
(06-22-2012, 11:37 PM)Julia Wrote: Ohh thank you, thats really sweet of you!

Hey Julia...welcome to HaleyFans. I love the Gifs you have going on your blog, especially this one:

[Image: tumblr_m6014xWBce1rqokkro3_250.gif]

Haley's always shooting someone...just part of being The Slayer. [Image: fighting0098.gif]

Thank you! But all of the posts are from other tumblrs, i didn't make any of them. Hopefully, during time, i'll post somethings of my own.
Does any of you have tumblr??

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Tusk - 07-02-2012

I was doing some in depth searching last night and I happnened on this tweet about an interview this guy had with Haley on June 12.
Quote:Clayton Perry ‏@crperry84

…jus' wrapped an AMAZING interview with the LOVELY @HaleyReinhart! Check out the music video for "Free" --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1ed3b

I looked around and found his site, but no interview. So I posted on IDF if anyone recalls seeing his interview.....and lo and behold, this morning, here it is Wink

Clayton Perry's Interview Exclusives

One nugget, remember Haley says she records her musical ideas on her phone? Apparently she broke it and a bunch of those ideas are now lost Tongue

Quote:Haley Reinhart: I grew up in school doing a lot of poetry – mostly slam poetry – and anything that would let me get my feelings out. I started writing songs in middle school, but when I give myself the time to sit down, and reflect, and feel, and let things come out, I find that it’s very easy for me to do. I just have to give myself the chance to do so. I have always been a real busybody. Even when I was back home in Chicago, I would make so much time for my friends and I was just all over the place. When I sat down and just took a moment of solitude, it came really easy – especially melodies. Those would just come in my head constantly, and I would try to get a voice memo down or something immediately. I had hundreds and hundreds of them on my phone until the phone broke.

Haley Reinhart: Yeah, it was a sad thing – breaking my phone and losing a lot of potential material...."

Quote:Clayton Perry: Do you feel that you took a risk with the musical direction of this particular album? Although a student of jazz and a lover of rock, your album makes use of a different aesthetic – incorporating blues and the sounds of Motown.

Haley Reinhart: You know, the sound just ended up coming out like this. I went in knowing my roots and what kind of music I love. I came from a house of rock and classic rock, as well as old soul, blues and jazz. Incorporating all these things made this sound happen. That’s not to say that I don’t think the next album could go in a more “rocky” direction. As I grow, my music will continue to evolve, and there are so many things that I would love to touch on. But the fact that this came out a little bit more on the funky side, I’m really happy about it

We had a discussion in another thread where we talked a bit about my sister having the talent of learning music 'by ear'. Apparently, so does Haley
Quote:Haley Reinhart: I went to school and I was surrounded by all these amazing musicians; and even in high school, I was with a wonderful jazz director. I was able to go to Switzerland and Italy my senior year, performing jazz in the Montreux and Umbria Jazz Fests with this band as their first singer. That was a huge eye-opener for me. And going into college, they never really had any singers. I was the first one to broaden that spectrum when they took me in as a singer. Mostly it was jazz vocal performance. I was in three combos – and I was in a big band – so I have so much respect for music theory. I know the basics, but to be honest, I kind of cheated my way through that because I went by ear. I grew up with a musical ear, so I would hear things, memorize it and repeat it back. If I’m going to admit to it, I will, but I do appreciate everybody that goes through it, because it’s a lot of work.