The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
"Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album (/thread-689.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Miguel - 05-05-2012

There is talk elsewhere about the length of the basic Listen Up! album possibly being too short.

It appears the album is solid throughout, so I don't think casual fans will feel shortchanged. While they might be left wanting more, they won't be left thinking they didn't get their money's worth.

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Tusk - 05-05-2012

(05-05-2012, 10:06 AM)Miguel Wrote: There is talk elsewhere about the length of the basic Listen Up! album possibly being too short.

It appears the album is solid throughout, so I don't think casual fans will feel shortchanged. While they might be left wanting more, they won't be left thinking they didn't get their money's worth.
To some, quantity means more than quality. Look at the Beatles early songs. Sure they were basic, simple and short but the melodies were catchy, their pop/hook worthiness undeniable. Some of their short songs were their immortal ones, the ones that defined their generation, captured in short sub 3 minute masterpieces.

There are some who prefer the later, more mature Beatles' songs, I love them all, including the simple, short songs like

"I Want to Hold Your Hand" (2:24),
"Twist and Shout" (2:37)
"Can't Buy Me Love" (2:12)
"Yesterday" (2:06)
"Norwegian Wood" (2:06)
"Help" (2:26)
"I've Just Seen a Face" (2:08)
etc...

...and so on. I cherish the early songs for their simplicity and expression of youthful emotion of hope and dreams, and of love lost. Their early songs were not long and complicated, they were short and sweet and still remembered over a half century later....

People were concerned with the duration of the songs given there are just ten of them on the basic album.

The Beatles first album "contained the 'A' and 'B' sides of their first two singles, plus 10 new songs."

But total time is still not much: 29:29

2:52
1:47
2:54
2:23
2:24
2:24
2:00
-------
15:24

2:19
2:02
2:35
1:56
2:01
1:49
2:33
------
13:95

Quote:The album took exactly 6 months to pass the sales figure of 250,000, and went on to sell over half-a-million in the U.K. with world sales of almost two million. It still holds the record for the longest continuous stay at number 1

http://www.jpgr.co.uk/pcs3042.html

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Tusk - 05-05-2012

I understand that many of the songs of the time were sub 3 minute and that's why the Beatles' covers were short too, but that still doesn't mitigate the fact that many Beatles' songs were gems and exquisite, melodically, in such a short time.

Remember Haley co-wrote 30 songs. It seems these 10 fit the "story" that Haley wants to tell. If we've seen anything, Haley's roll out has been partly about sticking to a theme, telling a story, catching a time period. Haley has said many of those things are important to her and she wanted in her album.

The length of a song doesn't guarantee quality

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Haleylvr4evr - 05-05-2012

And since Haley's such a Beatle fan, maybe she likes the short songs!

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - midnightblues - 05-05-2012

Back in the 60s most songs were short ,Less than 3 minuits

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - makefigure8s - 05-05-2012

(05-05-2012, 01:48 PM)Haleylvr4evr Wrote: And since Haley's such a Beatle fan, maybe she likes the short songs!

Still holding out hope that one of the bonus songs is 17m (as was Rae's Que Sera Sera) Smile

The entire "too short" thing, though, was OTT & unnecessary drama. Tongue Esp. since the album price is settling down to $9-$10.

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - alpha7388 - 05-05-2012

I remember the lyrics but not the name of a song that was lamenting radio stations wouldn't play a long song "so I cut it down to 3:05".

Quote:I am the entertainer,
I come to do my show.
You've heard my latest record,
It's been on the radio.
Ah, it took me years to write it,
They were the best years of my life.
It was a beautiful song.
But it ran too long.
If you're gonna have a hit,
You gotta make it fit--
So they cut it down to 3:05.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYLMN2PSI3E

RE: "Listen Up!" - Haley's first album - Miguel - 05-06-2012

Quote:Flask Man ‏ @KenOstroff
@haleyscoop So, what song on Listen Up! do you find yourself playing the most?

DH Haley ‏ @haleyscoop
@KenOstroff oh my. over and over and over again. i know that will shock you.

Flask Man ‏ @KenOstroff
@haleyscoop Any song you tend to skip over?

DH Haley ‏ @haleyscoop
@KenOstroff if there's one, it may be free. just cause i've heard it about a billion times. eager to hear the newish ones.

Flask Man ‏ @KenOstroff
@haleyscoop OK. song you'd play at a party...

DH Haley ‏ @haleyscoop
@KenOstroff oh my! i'd also play i'd hit the ground running and keep coming back.

Flask Man ‏ @KenOstroff
@haleyscoop Song for that intimate date night moment?

DH Haley ‏ @haleyscoop
@KenOstroff no question. wonderland.

Flask Man ‏ @KenOstroff
@haleyscoop Song for singing along to?

DH Haley ‏ @haleyscoop
@KenOstroff oh my for sure. HTGR. and Liar.

Flask Man ‏ @KenOstroff
@haleyscoop Sounds like Oh My is the super-song on an album filled deep with many quality tunes.

DH Haley ‏ @haleyscoop
@KenOstroff i'm pretty addicted to Oh My right now. i would have made it the single. regardless, it's a great summer tune. so catchy