7/6 -- Site update completed
07-05-2013, 01:00 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 05:35 PM by Miguel.)
7/6 -- Site update completed
I will take the site offline at some point this weekend in order to upgrade the forum software. This isn't the major change I spoke of last month. It's my hope that the upgrade will restore lost functionality and eliminate the buggy performance some of you have experienced.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-05-2013, 02:03 PM (This post was last modified: 07-05-2013 02:03 PM by Himm2.)
RE: FYI: Site will be shut down on Friday or Saturday for maintenance
probably good timing because we are in a slight lull. Do you have everyone's contact info in case something goes terribly wrong and we need to stay in touch for the Labor Day Shindig?
07-05-2013, 02:16 PM
I will do a complete backup before I attempt the upgrade.

There is a list of members, but no way to download everyone's contact information. I can cut and paste the info of key participants into a Word document.
07-05-2013, 03:36 PM
(07-05-2013 02:03 PM)Himm2 Wrote:  probably good timing because we are in a slight lull.

In terms of any new concrete Haley news recently its felt more like a drought -or famine-than a slight lull.Undecided

Thanks for the heads up on the shutdown,though.
07-05-2013, 10:15 PM
(07-05-2013 02:16 PM)Miguel Wrote:  I will do a complete backup before I attempt the upgrade.

There is a list of members, but no way to download everyone's contact information. I can cut and paste the info of key participants into a Word document.
Miguel:don't worry,all we trust in you and your skills for the very good
management of this site.I think at this point the waters are too much
quiet then I can't believe we have suddenly important news about H.E.R.
We need be more patient and let she take her time ConfusedConfusedHeartHeart
07-06-2013, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2013 05:00 PM by Miguel.)
Upgrade is complete

Took 2-1/2 hours. No, it didn't go smoothly. The automated updater failed at several points. If I resolved one issue it would be stymied a step or two later. I went through and updated each file manually. I found a lot of old files from the last time I tried to update the site -- 12/24/11 -- I had uploaded them wrong.

Looks like the tag buttons are functional again. Yay!

Let me know if you observe any funkiness.
07-06-2013, 05:06 PM
Thnx Miguel
07-06-2013, 09:55 PM
RE: 7/6 -- Site update completed
(07-06-2013 04:31 PM)Miguel Wrote:  Upgrade is complete

Took 2-1/2 hours. No, it didn't go smoothly. The automated updater failed at several points. If I resolved one issue it would be stymied a step or two later. I went through and updated each file manually. I found a lot of old files from the last time I tried to update the site -- 12/24/11 -- I had uploaded them wrong.

Looks like the tag buttons are functional again. Yay!

Let me know if you observe any funkiness.
Miguel:I dont'n know the others but for now the site seem moved more
quickly after the update.Your work is really fine Tnx.very much CoolBig Grin
07-07-2013, 01:32 AM
AngelAngryBlushConfusedHuhHeartExclamationDodgyIdeaSleepyUndecidedSmileTongueBig GrinCoolWinkRolleyesShySad

These are back too.
07-07-2013, 08:48 AM (This post was last modified: 07-07-2013 02:18 PM by Miguel.)
Some of you might not have been experiencing these issues because you use a web browser other than Firefox. According to the software developers, one of the upgrades contained this fix:

Quote:Bugs fixed:

An issue with the editor not working in Firefox 16 and above