7/6 -- Site update completed
07-07-2013, 03:12 PM
RE: 7/6 -- Site update completed
Also I can see posted youtubes on my Windows smart phone now. Used to just be blank
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
07-07-2013, 05:00 PM
^^Seems all is good. Sorry that this is the way you spent your weekend, but the upgrade seems to be have been useful!
07-07-2013, 05:50 PM
I agree, the ability to see the posted youtube videos on my Windows phone is very welcome. Thanks Miguel for your hard work.
07-07-2013, 08:09 PM
Thank you for all your effort involved with the site Miguel
07-09-2013, 09:31 PM (This post was last modified: 07-09-2013 09:52 PM by Miguel.)
Glad to see many have benefited from the upgrade.

I find having things in working order to be very satisfying. I was ready to abandon this forum when the site was upgraded because I wasn't sure it was fixable.

Now that won't be necessary. The paid forum I have been considering just came out with an importer that works with this forum software. So if I later decide to make the change, the content and member data will be transferable.

Since the update was completed, I have opened registration twice. Thus far, no spambot registrations have been made. I think this is because the updated forum software includes a box on the registration form that the bots can see but most people won't discover. If that form is not left blank, the registration is automatically deleted.
07-14-2013, 03:25 PM
Today, we had our first two registrations since the site update.

I was starting to be concerned that the function wasn't working.

One of the registrations was legitimate, the other was questionable.

It did not provide a Haley-related answer to a screening question. The email address was music related but listed on an anti-spam site as being from Bangladesh. I think it might have been a poor/unsophisticated spammer who registered by hand.

With that, I'm ready to open HaleyFans to automated registrations (currently I manually approve each registration and there may be some delay before I see them).

So, keep an eye out for suspicious activity from new registrants.
07-15-2013, 01:06 AM
Well, that sucked.

Automated registration has been disabled for the night.

[Image: eqm.png]
07-15-2013, 01:23 AM
LOL I saw that.. I was wondering...wow we have a Halien posting in French LOL Big Grin
07-20-2013, 12:04 PM (This post was last modified: 07-20-2013 12:04 PM by Miguel.)
I've noticed the site update apparently changed the URLs of old pages on HaleyFans -- I sometimes search Google for the site name and a topic to quickly find it. Now when I click on a page returned in the search results on Google, I land on a default page of forum topics instead of the relevant page. It's probably just a matter of time before Google re-indexes the site.