"LOVEFOOL" - Another New Haley/PMJ video this Thursday
05-20-2015, 10:50 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2015 11:25 PM by john.)
RE: Another New Haley/PMJ video this Thursday
Another cover by Haley of a Swedish band. The Swedish connection continues strong.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
05-20-2015, 10:51 PM (This post was last modified: 05-20-2015 10:54 PM by Tusk.)
A.B.B.A. Wink

Remember she thought Hassle was from the UK Tongue

Speaking of Swedish connections, Anders tweeted this cryptic message...

Quote:Anders Grahn @andersgrahn · 8h 8 hours ago
I told you @HaleyReinhart !!!

http://open.spotify.com/track/5jzma6gCzYtKB1DbEwFZKH
05-21-2015, 06:40 AM
I can't wait for the new video today!! Lovefool is #41 on the Jazz charts this morning, this is going to be fun to watch - I really hope it does well. Hopefully Himm2 will get to see it live tonight!!
05-21-2015, 08:26 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2015 08:28 AM by kaypea.)
(05-21-2015 06:40 AM)riley Wrote:  I can't wait for the new video today!! Lovefool is #41 on the Jazz charts this morning, this is going to be fun to watch - I really hope it does well. Hopefully Himm2 will get to see it live tonight!!

I just looked on there-its #28 now.Interesting-a straight ahead modern jazz feel to it.
05-21-2015, 09:29 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2015 09:53 AM by john.)
(05-21-2015 08:26 AM)kaypea Wrote:  
(05-21-2015 06:40 AM)riley Wrote:  I can't wait for the new video today!! Lovefool is #41 on the Jazz charts this morning, this is going to be fun to watch - I really hope it does well. Hopefully Himm2 will get to see it live tonight!!

I just looked on there-its #28 now.Interesting-a straight ahead modern jazz feel to it.

It is a straightforward take on the song. I love Scott's arrangement on this song, especially his use of the the horn section. It retains it's distinctive melody and sound, but sounds like a band that would accompany Sinatra. Classic. The scat and a flamenco style horn element is a nice touch. It'll be fun to see how this one does.

05-21-2015, 10:01 AM
RE: "LOVEFOOL" - Another New Haley/PMJ video this Thursday
"New Video!! Watch rising star Haley Reinhart..."
05-21-2015, 10:11 AM
1128 Likes
05-21-2015, 10:13 AM (This post was last modified: 05-21-2015 10:13 AM by Miguel.)
Judging by the number of Tweets, LOVEFOOL is off to a strong start.

On YouTube... 1207 likes to 3 thumbs down.
05-21-2015, 10:27 AM
(05-21-2015 09:29 AM)john Wrote:  
(05-21-2015 08:26 AM)kaypea Wrote:  

It is a straightforward take on the song. I love Scott's arrangement on this song, especially his use of the the horn section. It retains it's distinctive melody and sound, but sounds like a band that would accompany Sinatra. Classic. The scat and a flamenco style horn element is a nice touch. It'll be fun to see how this one does.

Yes-its yet another vintage sound that they've tapped into-Sinatra IS the name that first came to my mind in describing the feel of the arrangement.And I like that they changed it up for the scat-going into a Latin type feel.

I think its a nice change of pace after Creep and it shows once again that she can literally sing anything and do it convincingly.
05-21-2015, 10:42 AM
wikipedia:
Quote:Nina Persson wrote the lyrics to the song at an airport while waiting for a plane. She said that, at the time, the song had "a slow bossa nova feel".

I was listening to Haley sing LOVEFOOL at work through my headphones and I was startled to hear applause as the video came to an end.

Just an odd coincidence - when a member of the account team here closes a deal, they ring a bell and their coworkers clap. The applause was louder than usual because it was the first time this particular person had rang the bell.