I'm Casey and I just got signed.
09-01-2017, 09:40 PM (This post was last modified: 09-01-2017 09:41 PM by john.)
RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed.
Straight No Chaser featuring Casey Abrams

Creep

Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-01-2017, 09:44 PM
I can see Casey doing a show as one of the members a time or two. He's shown he is vocally versatile Smile
09-02-2017, 01:18 PM
Many thanks, John.

Straight No Chaser is a fun, good a cappella group and it's nice to hear Casey sing in tune again. My frustration with Casey is that, while he could elevate his audiences to being more discerning because he really is capable of such a high level of musical excellence, he chooses to go the Jack Black path.

And while I try to understand that, it always disappoints me. So this is great! He has to be at least as good as he can be.

For newer folks who, perhaps are unaware of just how impressive Casey could be, take a listen to this "pre-voice change" Casey:

And for those of you unfamiliar with Straight No Chaser, I offer my introduction to this group. Yes, I know it's a bit early, but it is what it is:

10-19-2017, 10:18 PM (This post was last modified: 10-19-2017 10:22 PM by john.)
Quote:A very special song I wrote by myself called "These eyes."

These Eyes (Live) - Casey Abrams

Confused
Quote:...Can that friendzone end...
11-09-2017, 04:08 PM (This post was last modified: 11-09-2017 04:59 PM by john.)
Of course Casey is doing this ... cool beans

Robot Lovers
Quote:

AVAILABLE FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 10TH, 2017
Bassist and vocalist, Casey Abrams, will make his Chesky Records debut this Spring with a new album combining electrifying originals and compelling covers. "Robot Lovers" is the first single from this new release, showcasing both the frenetic energy of the band, as well as the unique nature of Abrams' creativity as a songwriter and performer.

[...]

Part of the Chesky Binaural + Series, all recorded with a single microphone, the band appears right before you with this spacious, lush and multi-dimensional recording. Now headphone users will hear the same three-dimensional sound and imaging as audiophiles have for the past 30 years with Chesky Recordings. Also these Binaural+ Series albums capture even more spatial realism for the home audiophile market, bringing you one step closer to the actual event. You will hear some of the most natural and pure music ever recorded.

Quote:3D Sound: How to Make a Record Using a Binaural Head

[...]

“The dummy head records the whole space that it is in and everything about the sounds around it,” Prout continues. “When we explained this to Jacob Scesney, the saxophone player in Casey’s band, he saw it as an opportunity to add his own special effects by moving 360 degrees around the microphone when soloing on this and one other song — one of the more imaginative uses of the technology.”
[...]

[Image: CaseyAbrams_schaer-3841000-400x267.png]
You big dummy—Casey Abrams with his binaural microphone muse. (Photo credit: Julienne Schaer)

Viewers will notice a microphone in front of the dummy head, but this mic is not part of the recording chain. Instead it goes to a PA system in the space, in pursuit of its own effect.

“When a singer gets close to the dummy head the sound is very dry,” explains Prout.

“So we set the extra microphone—a Beyer m160—to keep the singer’s position consistent, and then send a little of the voice to the PA which is how we add reverb. The signal usually goes through a delay line which creates pre-delay. The delay time is usually 120ms-240ms depending on the song.”

https://sonicscoop.com/2017/11/09/video-...ural-head/
12-10-2017, 06:32 PM
Another Casey Creep rendition

12-14-2017, 03:26 PM (This post was last modified: 12-14-2017 03:26 PM by Tom22.)
(12-10-2017 06:32 PM)john Wrote:  Another Casey Creep rendition

I think Casey does ok singing the 'vulnerable' stage but I'd prefer him to pick up a melodica when he goes into the more plaintive wailing expressive portions ... maybe even leap between the melodica and an amplified string bass with theme and variation before closing with some vulnerable singing.

But "A" for effort!