The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "query" - Line: 1420 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1420 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1425 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1425 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
Random Stuff - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-31.html)
+--- Thread: Random Stuff (/thread-2017.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

RE: Random Stuff - john - 02-11-2015

(02-11-2015, 08:09 PM)Tusk Wrote: http://instagram.com/p/y-jR1Lq8vU/ Big Grin

LOL. That's a mean cat. Tongue

RE: Random Stuff - Swansteel - 02-12-2015

LOL. That cracked me up! Big Grin

RE: Random Stuff - Tusk - 02-27-2015

The Dress that broke the Internet

[Image: B-0w1EqUYAACKo8.jpg]

Quote:Farhad Manjoo @fmanjoo · 5h 5 hours ago
“Blue and Black: In conclusion, your retina’s cones are more high functioning….” http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1000262

Quote:Explanation:

Your eyes have retinas, the things that let you interpret color. There’s rods, round things, and cones that stick out, which is what gives your eye a textured appearance in the colored part. The “cones” see color. The “rods” see shade, like black, white and grey. Cones only work when enough light passes through. So while I see the fabric as white, someone else may see it as blue because my cones aren’t responding to the dim lighting. My rods see it as a shade (white). There’s three cones, small, medium and large. They are blue sensitive, green sensitive, and red sensitive.
As for the black bit (which I see as gold), it’s called additive mixing. Blue, green and red are the main colors for additive mixing. This is where it gets really tricky. Subtractive mixing, such as with paint, means the more colors you add the murkier it gets until it’s black. ADDITIVE mixing, when you add the three colors eyes see best, red, green and blue, (not to be confused with primary colors red, blue and yellow) it makes pure white.

—Blue and Black: In conclusion, your retina’s cones are more high functioning, and this results in your eyes doing subtractive mixing.

—White and Gold: our eyes don’t work well in dim light so our retinas rods see white, and this makes them less light sensitive, causing additive mixing, (that of green and red), to make gold.

**** UPDATE to prove this theory I turned my phone brightness from the lowest to highest and saw it switching from white and gold (at the lowest) to light blue and darker gold (at the highest) meaning people that see blue and black are more sensitive to light (better eyesight and not looking at the sun like your moms told you)

**Also if you see white and gold sometimes, blue and black another, or a combination of the two, your eyes are very average, and it could change because of YOUR rooms lighting or the tilt of your phone. This is the same manipulation they use for optical illusions

Lot's of theories out there, including what you see might be an indicator of what 'type' of person you are Tongue All I know is it's been Blue and Black as long as I've looked at it, but proud to know I have "High functioning retinal cones" Cool

[Image: tumblr_nkcjuq8Tdr1tnacy1o1_1280.jpg]

RE: Random Stuff - john - 02-27-2015

Where's the black and blue one?

RE: Random Stuff - john - 02-27-2015

United States version

[Image: screen_nytimes_live.png]

RE: Random Stuff - Tom22 - 02-27-2015

(01-28-2015, 02:33 PM)john Wrote:
Quote:Companies are amassing an enormous database of human emotions using technology that relies on algorithms to analyze people’s faces and potentially discover their deepest feelings.

Cool thing John, thanks for sharing that

(02-27-2015, 03:28 AM)john Wrote: United States version

[Image: screen_nytimes_live.png]

Another cool one.

It's interesting how big the few California metropolitan areas are but, at the same time how few people live in the west relative to east of the Mississippi(or close to the Mississippi and east)

I remember looking something like this up when frustrated with California being left out of instant saves on The Voice. When I looked further into it I realized that while California has a phenomenal 11% of the united states population when you added it with the other west coast cities you still got to less than 20% of the population.

I guess that shows like The Voice show earlier than 8 pm in the central time zones?

At any rate, 80% plus of the population was able to participate far far more than a simple majority, and i wouldn't be surprised either if it was an even greater percentage of the viewers of shows like AI and The Voice with different regional preferences (from the mix of past Idols and the significant over-weighting of contestants from places like Arkansas and the Carolinas, I suspect that those areas represent a larger share of the audience per capital of those states. It could be as low as 15% or less of The Voice viewers left out from participation.

(02-27-2015, 01:01 AM)Tusk Wrote: The Dress that broke the Internet

[Image: B-0w1EqUYAACKo8.jpg]

Quote:Farhad Manjoo @fmanjoo · 5h 5 hours ago
“Blue and Black: In conclusion, your retina’s cones are more high functioning….” http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1000262

Quote:Explanation:

Your eyes have retinas, the things that let you interpret color. There’s rods, round things, and cones that stick out, which is what gives your eye a textured appearance in the colored part. The “cones” see color. The “rods” see shade, like black, white and grey. Cones only work when enough light passes through. So while I see the fabric as white, someone else may see it as blue because my cones aren’t responding to the dim lighting. My rods see it as a shade (white). There’s three cones, small, medium and large. They are blue sensitive, green sensitive, and red sensitive.
As for the black bit (which I see as gold), it’s called additive mixing. Blue, green and red are the main colors for additive mixing. This is where it gets really tricky. Subtractive mixing, such as with paint, means the more colors you add the murkier it gets until it’s black. ADDITIVE mixing, when you add the three colors eyes see best, red, green and blue, (not to be confused with primary colors red, blue and yellow) it makes pure white.

—Blue and Black: In conclusion, your retina’s cones are more high functioning, and this results in your eyes doing subtractive mixing.

—White and Gold: our eyes don’t work well in dim light so our retinas rods see white, and this makes them less light sensitive, causing additive mixing, (that of green and red), to make gold.

**** UPDATE to prove this theory I turned my phone brightness from the lowest to highest and saw it switching from white and gold (at the lowest) to light blue and darker gold (at the highest) meaning people that see blue and black are more sensitive to light (better eyesight and not looking at the sun like your moms told you)

**Also if you see white and gold sometimes, blue and black another, or a combination of the two, your eyes are very average, and it could change because of YOUR rooms lighting or the tilt of your phone. This is the same manipulation they use for optical illusions

Lot's of theories out there, including what you see might be an indicator of what 'type' of person you are Tongue All I know is it's been Blue and Black as long as I've looked at it, but proud to know I have "High functioning retinal cones" Cool

[Image: tumblr_nkcjuq8Tdr1tnacy1o1_1280.jpg]

LOL I can't see it any way but White and Gold.

I don't buy the part about not seeing well in the Dark though. I know for certain that I do far better seeing in the dark than other people when I go camping etc. That could be about being more "spatially" orientated though (whatever that means)

I find it all really perplexing too as I am definitely very into color in terms of photography and gazing at different shades of blue and green and silver and gold in reflections in lakes and rivers etc.. and really like color orientated fashion etc.

But I can't deny I can only see it as White and Gold.

The part about the sunlight has some truth to it.

I never wear sunglassses, and I'm not really bothered by the glare. What DOES bother me is that sunglasses distort colors. I don't wear sunglasses because I hate having colors diminished, and I hate tints they put on windows for the purpose of saving energy because those also diminish colors.

The whole thing is definitely very interesting. I definitely doubt that particular description yet, they're certainly onto big differences between peoples perceptions.

Give me a color wheel from a paint store and I know I'd be better than most at picking out colors in photos that match different color chips too.

Really funny

RE: Random Stuff - john - 03-01-2015

Tom, back in the 1980s, before all the computer generated stuff we get today, I enjoyed browsing the creative graphical representations of data produced by Edmund Tufte.

But this map by Charles Joseph Minard is one of the most powerful out there, for me. It shows the losses suffered by Napoleon's army in the Russian campaign of 1812 very effectively. The thickness of the band shows the number of soldiers in his army, with the tan area showing the invasion route and the black showing the retreat from Moscow. The starting point on the left is the Polish-Russian border of the time. Napolean began leading 422,000 troops; he came home with 10,000. I believe he completed this in 1869. The line at the bottom of the figure shows the temperature in Celsius at points along the retreat.
[Image: ignite-philly-slides.008.png]

RE: Random Stuff - Tusk - 03-01-2015

(02-27-2015, 01:02 PM)Tom22 Wrote: LOL I can't see it any way but White and Gold.

I don't buy the part about not seeing well in the Dark though.

Really Funny

Actually, it sort of does, supposedly it has more to do with the dress' colours against a dark or light background than anything else

http://www.wired.com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress/

The verdict is in, the dress is blue and black, the dress maker has said it, as well as many articles written about it's viral nature. (I'm surprised to find out I'm in the 25% Minority that saw it's actual colours, Blue and Black).... I can't help but think this is an analog for politics, something about the majority can agree, but is not 'always' right.

I wondered how this genetic deviation hadn't really 'registered' before. Throughout the history of every visual media since our ancestors first recorded their hunts on the caves of Lascaux, France, has there been this significant a revelation in the way our eyes perceive what we 'see', individually and socially. I then came to the conclusion, this could only have been revealed at this moment in our development because of the evolution of visual technology and how it's been a prime mover in the way we think/see and communicate... many eyes seeing through the eyes of a few, but our genetics and upbringing cause us to interpret what we all see, differently

(thought I'd throw this virtual tour of the Lascaux caves for Gits andd Shiggles Tongue )

Quote:At least we can all agree on one thing: The people who see the dress as white are utterly, completely wrong.
Tongue

RE: Random Stuff - john - 03-07-2015

RE: Random Stuff - Tusk - 03-10-2015

Some people just have to chill....
"Did you just hiss at me?" LOL

https://instagram.com/p/0EFYCxK8gA/