The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
Postmodern Jukebox - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other Musical Subjects (http://haleyfans.com/forum-27.html)
+--- Thread: Postmodern Jukebox (/thread-2129.html)

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - InItToWinIt - 07-16-2015

(07-16-2015, 10:04 PM)john Wrote:
(07-16-2015, 03:51 PM)Miguel Wrote: Looks like something she recorded on her own without Scott's presence. PMJ East?

I see Scott in and out of view as the singer next to Robyn moves his right arm.

He's in the credits.

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - Tusk - 07-16-2015

Yeah, I mistakenly thought he wasn't in the video, but you can see his feet working the piano and glimpses of him.

I thought it might have been something where he sent the audio of his piano for them to play to, but if you look he is there.

I saw in one of the videos comments, someone theorized the reason why Robyn wasn't in as many of PMJ's video any more was not only due to the fact that Scott changed coasts, but apparently, they said, Scott and Robyn used to date, that she wasn't in the videos as much after they broke up.

All hear say anyway. Robyn is still in PMJ's videos and Scott did introduce her in the PMJ shows as PMJ's first superstar. So if a relationship was involved, it seems Scott's still loyal to his performers and to Robyn

RE: Happy for Haley - NUG - 07-17-2015

(07-16-2015, 09:39 PM)john Wrote:
(07-16-2015, 09:02 PM)airhigh Wrote: Reading the comments about PMJ's "I Kissed a Girl" I noticed there was very little flack about the way Robyn Adele & the Tee Tones performed it. At times it is daunting for Haliens because there seems to be a gaggle of nay sayers, starting with Idol, that live to disparage Haley. Why is this in Happy For Haley? Because Haley owns PMJ and I'll bet Scott is taking notice. Creep, All About the Bass, Oop's, LoveFool, & Habits; in that order are five of the top seven selling singles for PMJ on iTunes. That's amazing since Haley is somewhat of a Newbe with that group. I think we can be assured that Haley can tour with them as often as she wishes & that is happiness for all of us.

There are also a lot of the legacy pmj fans that view and comment on the first day.
Quote:Too me it's only Post Modern Jukebox if Robyn is singing. Excellent
Frankly, I found the video kind of bland. A rather generic PMJ arrangement and performance by Robyn.

Haley does shine bright with PMJ and I think she draws a much wider group of early viewers now. The IKAG video has been out more that six hours and has 3912 Likes, Oops! had 5924 Likes after four hours.

I really wanted to like the new release because PMJ fans were so hot to get Robin in another video...but I agree it was pretty bland. Judging from a couple of the comments, I think some PJM fans think Robin dates Scott, or did at some point - if that's true, they may see Haleys domination in terms of quality and view count, as her "stealing" Scott and PMJ away from the O.G. singer. Either way, I'm just thrilled with the Scott/Haley collab, it's just been magical in every sense of the word!! I can't wait for those down under to see her they're gonna flip! And totally off the suject, I wouldn't mind at all if Scott and Haley dated, also I'd love to see what that relationship would put put as far as NEW music!!

jldsjflsjdfl - Himm2 - 07-17-2015

Robyn Adele Andersen is a very good lounge-type singer but I don't sense much charisma or vocals that make you say: "Oh Wow". I kinda sense Robyn is jealous of Haley and Scott probably feels bad about that. Haley mentioned that she wanted to do more of the Midwest shows but there were too many singers that he had to get in so Haley lost those shows to Robyn. At least she got added for the Michigan, Toronto and Cleveland shows that wasn't originally on the agenda for H.E.R.

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - Miguel - 07-17-2015

(07-16-2015, 09:02 PM)airhigh Wrote: Reading the comments about PMJ's "I Kissed a Girl" I noticed there was very little flack about the way Robyn Adele & the Tee Tones performed it.

I noticed that too. The ratio to thumbs up and thumbs down is greater also. I this is primarily from old-guard PMJ fans who have missed Robyn.

"I kissed a girl..." now has 104,032 views.

But when I checked Twitter last night before going to bed there didn't seem to be much of a viral response.

For example, I searched just now for "PMJofficial" and "I kissed a girl."

I see eight tweets returned in the search result.

2 are from PMJ/Scott. And two are from Robyn.

A search for twitter handles "PMJofficial" and "RobynAdele" together returns about 25 results, most of them replies to Scott and Robyn.

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - XAtlantic - 07-17-2015

RA is a different type of singer, they're worlds apart imo in terms of what they are out to do. But I was really expecting RA to up her game in order to hold her own against the Haley effect, i.e. to really show what she can do - and then was also a little surprised that nothing was upped at all. So this then seems to be who RA really is, and what she can do. Good for her that she has so many loyal fans that really like it a lot. It'll be interesting to see how the views develop on this, because obviously many PMJ fans will have seen it just to see what's new - I added to the view count, too. But only excited sharing and re-mentions will ultimately bump the numbers up for real. So we'll see. Not every week can be a smash hit, it is amazing as it is that Scott churns out so many videos of such quality, and dosage is surely an important ingredient in the PMJ souffle.

My favorite PMJ with Haley is by far Lovefool, from colors to movements to singing. Just my taste, in this case!

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - mercfan3 - 07-17-2015

I think people get attached to the original.

Honestly, Robyn is the least impressive of the regulars. She has a very limited voice, and there are actually pitch issues in the recorded songs (which means a lot of takes..). Her range is pretty small as well.

She definitely has an old school sound, I think I saw one comment comparing her to "Judy Garland" and I can see the comparisons, but her voice is just much weaker.

I think Ariana is my second favorite after Haley. Morgan's the better technical singer, but Ariana's tone is like butter to me.

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - Miguel - 07-17-2015

There have been 292 shares of the PMJ FB post featuring IKAG. Two of them mention Robyn:

Quote:Robyn Adele Anderson knocks it outa' the park with this one

Quote: Love Robyn's voice - every song she's done is a classic

Some of the straight-up FB comments:

Quote:Robyn has got some set of pipes on her... That's a voice and a half!!

Quote:Love it. She's got a powerful voice.

Quote:love this one smile emoticon what a voice could listen to her sing all day

^ Only that last comment is from a woman

Scott has 379 shares on his personal FB:

Quote:Ahhh yessir! New Postmodern Jukebox! I love me some Robyn Adele Anderson....them little hips of hers just don't lie, my friends.

Quote:Que voz!!!
~~~~
That Voice!!!

Quote:A roupa é péssima,mas eu gostei da voz dela!
~~~~
The clothes is very bad, but I liked her voice!

Straight-up comments:

Quote:Yay! Robyn is Back!!!

Quote:This is what we've been waiting for! Robyn Adele and the Tee Tones make an amazing combination. It's so good to see them back together

Quote:More of this collaborations pleeease heart emoticon love her voice and the Tee Tones

Quote:My favorite is when she does Creep. Friggin fabulous.

Quote:Yay! Robyn is back!!!!

Quote:check this out I freaking LOVE her voice!!!!

Quote:Her voice has gotten so much better. I used to intentionally avoid her videos, but this has converted me.

Quote:I love you Robyn. (Tee Tones Too).

Quote:With all due respect to Robyn and the other fantastic PMJ singers, it's Haley or nothing for me.

Quote:With all due respect Hayley it.s not PMJ don.t be such a big whinny and try it or stay away for some weeks

^ No need for that.

Quote: I do so prefer Adele's voice to that of the blonde you've been featuring lately.

Quote:Awesome, missed Robyn Adele, this sounded like the old PMJ I loved so much. More Robyn, please.

Quote:Robyn my goddess of musical muses!

Quote:Robyn is awesome!

Quote:Yay, Robyn's back!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:Robyn is THE BEST!

Quote:Robyn = awesome

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - Tusk - 07-17-2015

Scott Braddlee's Box of Crayolas, a different tint/shade for every taste.

There are those who like the primaries, basic building blocks, easily identifiable and safe

Then there are others who like the secondaries and tertiaries, the colours in between, like any and every form of creativity, there is no 'right' answer, we respond to what we respond to based on our genetics and or our life experience.

I like Robyn, she perhaps has the 'most' vintage combination of look, appeal and sound of all the singers and she has built her professional persona around that theme, which has inspired many PMJ fans' creativity...

[Image: 11327123_773650842755732_740666536_n.jpg]

[Image: 10375697_1640212556219872_748395855_n.jpg]

[Image: 10881817_597714423694446_1523724032_n.jpg]

[Image: 10894907_1529501020635679_218675343_n.jpg]

[Image: 10843806_1546557255587519_1702960680_n.jpg]

Take it from someone who knows from being creatively inspired by a singer Wink

Sure she may not be the biggest or most technically gifted singer, but I can see why the long time PMJ fans might have a strong connection w/ Robyn, she perfectly fits into Scott's vintage appeal, I can see why this alignment was a strong foundation from which Scott launched PMJ Cool

I've been enjoying my Solana Beach video of "Burn" which made me look back at the 'original' PMJ cover featuring Robyn, Christina and Ashley Stroud...

Which makes me think, I'd like to hear Christina's 'colours' live some day Big Grin

RE: Postmodern Jukebox - john - 07-17-2015

The comments on IKAG definitely include a lot of love for Robyn
Quote:Yes! Robyn is back
Quote:Robyn + Tee Tones = Always amazing
Quote:Anyone else have a crush on Robyn? <3
Quote:Robyn's back! I missed her
Quote:Amongst all the singers in Postmodern Jukebox, I love Robyn the most (:

Relatively speaking, there aren't a lot of comments on the performance or the song.
More are declarations of loyalty to Robyn or pleasure at her "return." The funny thing is, most of these loyal fans did not follow Robyn to her own YT channel. And only 13 have made pledges on her Patreon account. https://www.patreon.com/robynadele?ty=h

Haley's Oops performance was definitely more polarizing and people seemed to complain about everything. The number of mentions that she didn't sound much like Marilyn Monroe astounds me. But there are often a lot of critiques when Scott characterizes a video one way or another.

IKAG has had a very strong first day, achieving just over 150K views. While I don't really want to get into a comparison game, if the negative comments on Haley's video bother you it is worth pointing out Haley's Oops had 253K views in it's first 24 hours. And after 26 hours IKAG has 650 fewer Likes than Oops got in ten hours (with less views overall). Criticism may just go with the territory as Haley gains popularity. Especially from many of Robyn's fans who have seen her seemingly fade into the background.