The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
"HABITS" - Haley with Scott Bradlee and PMJ - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Haley Reinhart (http://haleyfans.com/forum-11.html)
+--- Thread: "HABITS" - Haley with Scott Bradlee and PMJ (/thread-2132.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47

RE: Haley making a video with Scott Bradlee and PMJ - Miguel - 01-27-2015

Quote:ASidewalkSymphony 8 hours ago

I was kinda meh when I first heard this, but after listening awhile, I love this song completely. Haley Reinhart has a voice that needs to grow on you a little bit, before you end up loving it. Smile

RE: Haley making a video with Scott Bradlee and PMJ - john - 01-28-2015

Quote:Zelma 50 minutes ago
her voice is absolutely beautiful, I love it

So Flies the Raven 1 hour ago
ooh I love her voice and style

Shadowpolish 2 hours ago
This is just pure ear-candy. Perfect.

Trung Nguyen 3 hours ago
She and Casey should have won American Idol not Scotty. They 're so talented and lovely.

luigi trucchi 3 hours ago
i just have to say that maybe she's not the best singer ever, but her voice is just perfect for this song.
congrats as always!

Szymek Krusz 4 hours ago
amazing voice!
I want more!Smile

Rafa Soares 5 hours ago
Wow this is good! I liked!

itubal 8 hours ago
Lovely!

annonnie 9 hours ago
This woman looked SO familiar to me and her voice tickled something in the back of my memory, that I actually Googled her! So glad I did! Her classic rock renditions on American Idol were fabulous.

Devon Roberts 10 hours ago
I love her voice. It is soulful, got amazing control. The arrangement is awesome. I looooved this soo much!

Jeannette Perez 12 hours ago
Haley needs to do more covers on PMJ!!!!! She has an incredible voice. I have been following her since American Idol. Scott you need to get Casey Abrams and Haley Reinhart together on a duet!!! They have an amazing chemistry on stage and their voices work perfectly together.

RE: Haley making a video with Scott Bradlee and PMJ - john - 01-28-2015

TeamHaley fans is in the process of editing and posting Habits and other videos from the Cosmopolitan and it has now been a little over two weeks since the original PMJ Habits video has been available to the public. So I'm doing a progress report of sorts. Haley did a great job and I have played the video many times. Tongue The YT video has now achieved 350K views, which makes it a very solid offering view-wise on Scott's channel. Many of the comments on the video give praise to Haley's amazing and wonderful voice.

I've made some numerical comparisons to other PMJ videos to get a sense of the draw and reception of Haley's video; a video that I've viewed as potentially impactful on her career at this point in time. "Views" is a basic measure of interest, as is the trend in views -- although unfortunately the YT graphs are no longer available for this video. She has been staying above 20K views a day, which is nice to see on a Haley video. Unless there is a pop in viewership she is on track for a million views by mid March (this assumes some additional tail off in views per day).

Speaking of pops or spikes in view rates, that seems to happen a lot with PMJ videos (some old ones still have YT graphs available). It might happen with a new song is posted by a particular vocalist and people look back at what he or she did before. Or when a video like AATB (Kate Davis) is posted and quickly gains 9 million views, and the PMJ channel as a whole benefits. As was said before, this isn't a competition -- all of the artists benefit from the overall strength of PMJ offerings.

One measure of viewer reaction where Haley's video seems to be excelling is the number of "Likes" that it is getting. People that hear the video seem motivated to click on the Thumbs Up icon for Habits to a higher degree than most of the PMJ videos. For example, Shoshana's popular video has 237K more views than Haley's song, despite being released a week later. However, it has 11,000 Likes, which is more than 2,000 fewer than the Habits video (currently at 13,189). And the video released a week prior to Haley's, Take Me to Church, has close to 600,000 views, but again, fewer Likes (currently 13,117). Not sure what all that means, but I take it as a good sign for Haley. Perhaps she has a more organic viewership Wink

RE: Haley making a video with Scott Bradlee and PMJ - john - 01-29-2015

Quote:Hope Basden 38 minutes ago

I KNEW I recognized her! She was on American Idol like 10 years ago. Wow her voice has progressed a lot. Way to go girl Smile

RE: Haley making a video with Scott Bradlee and PMJ - My Alter Ego - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 02:33 PM)john Wrote:
Quote:Hope Basden 38 minutes ago

I KNEW I recognized her! She was on American Idol like 10 years ago. Wow her voice has progressed a lot. Way to go girl Smile

10 years ago??? My...

RE: Haley making a video with Scott Bradlee and PMJ - Miguel - 01-29-2015

"her voice has progressed a lot"

I saw another comment similar to this.

I think it means, I didn't like her before.

Maybe they're the ones who have changed.

RE: Haley making a video with Scott Bradlee and PMJ - Tusk - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 02:54 PM)Miguel Wrote: Maybe they're the ones who have changed.

That's more likely, outside of the Idol "Fan War" quagmire and years from their season, perhaps some are able to have a more objective opinion of Haley Wink

Though I think there's also an element of confidence when Haley performs now that may have not been as apparent when she was 'competing' on Idol and had to adjust to the competition challenges and pressure

Remember, she admitted that she went along with suggestions to please people one way or other even if it went against her instincts. 4 Years later, it doesn't appear like she feels the need to appease anyone, so is free to go with what her instincts tell her RE: Confidence in herself

RE: Haley making a video with Scott Bradlee and PMJ - john - 01-29-2015

(01-29-2015, 02:54 PM)Miguel Wrote: "her voice has progressed a lot"

I saw another comment similar to this.

I think it means, I didn't like her before.

Maybe they're the ones who have changed.

I had similar thoughts. I wondered if it was a matter of hearing her in a different context without any taint associated with rooting for another contestant.

There is this one... with a really good response, too Wink
Quote:ittleFunky2011 1 week ago

She sounded horrible when she was on American Idol.
She got better! If she were to audition this year instead of in 2011 she probably would have won (or at least the top 3).

Mi guel 1 week ago

Haley may not have been your cup of tea, but horrible? Far from it.

Melinda Doolittle:

"This girl can just flat out sing. I was watching the show last night with some of my favorite singers and we were in awe of what her voice can do. She can go from a raspy tone to one that is as clear as a bell in a matter of seconds. She has the vocal flexibility of a singer twice her age. She is amazing."

Adam Lambert:

"I love the sound of her voice, the texture of it. Musically, her choices are incredible.” “I don’t even think people are realizing the things that she’s doing vocally. I think it’s because she’s so effortless about it.”"

Kelly Clarkson:

"You Can Sing, Girl!"

Beyonce:

"Your tone is so warm. Your raspiness is so natural. It’s not forced. You’re Incredible."

Lady Gaga:

"You're amazing"...“She’s so good at singing that I think the challenge for her is the drama and putting her mind and her heart into it and really telling that story."

JLo noted at one point in the early rounds that more than anyone else in the competition, Haley's voice went where she wanted it to. But many people bought into Randy's B.S. "First you do Alicia Keys, then you do LeAnn Rimes..." as if versatility was a bad thing.

"Fallin'" he criticized as a little bit karaoke (when it wasn't) and Haley faked gagged at the comment. "Blue" he called a little sleepy and Haley responded with a hula motion ( the AI vocal coach raved about her performance: "I think it’s really hard to do that with your voice, just to switch between that falsetto voice and your chest voice like that. That’s such a talent; not everybody can do that. For her to sing it so perfectly every time, I thought she was great").

Some viewers thought it unbecoming that an "Idol" would be dismissive of Randy's criticism, and it cost her votes.

In the later rounds, Randy and JLo would usually say the first performance was a bad song choice or some such, implying it was a bad performance. They didn't want to give her credit for two good performances (most likely because the producers wanted one of the two young country singers to win). while other contestants would be praised for shaky performances ("emotionally perfect"). The press at the time picked up on this disparity in the judging.

Steven Tyler finally had enough:

"Haley, don't listen to them! What do you get from that? They're both wrong! That song showed me that you can. It wasn’t a hit song but you sang it, you nailed it.The upper register, you nailed it, you nailed it with feeling. You pushed it over the top. The audience heard it and America heard it."

Randy repeated his criticism in a shout over Tyler and an emotional Haley replied she had heard him the first time. That was the only time she actually "talked back" in any way.

Tyler, later that evening, in an interview:

"Randy's not a singer...She nailed it. She used her voice just the way she was supposed to...she delivered it like the blue plate special, it was just so good...it showed she had emotion, and it showed she could sing...(Randy and J-Lo trying to throw her under the bus) pissed me off...the best singers have character...If you watch Reinhart up there, every bad comment she gets, it rolls right off, that's how good she is..."

US Magazine:

"If you ask Tom Hanks, Haley Reinhart should have been season 10's champ. In fact, Hanks was so confident in the 20-year-old's abilities that he voted for her during last week's top 3 round -- his first vote in Idol history.

'I voted twice and I thought, well, that'll put her over the top,' the star told DeGeneres..."

(01-29-2015, 03:10 PM)Tusk Wrote:
(01-29-2015, 02:54 PM)Miguel Wrote: Maybe they're the ones who have changed.

That's more likely, outside of the Idol "Fan War" quagmire and years from their season, perhaps some are able to have a more objective opinion of Haley Wink

Though I think there's also an element of confidence when Haley performs with now that may have not been as apparent when she was 'competing' on Idol and had to adjust to the competition challenges and pressure

Yeah, what he said.

RE: Haley making a video with Scott Bradlee and PMJ - Jastal - 01-29-2015

I don't write allot of comments, but can I say how much i have enjoyed the increased activity in haleyfans!! Love all the analysis and passion...
As Haley's career continues to heat up... I look forward to much more! THANKS ALL!

RE: Haley making a video with Scott Bradlee and PMJ - midnightblues - 01-29-2015

Hey Tusk who, and what is is Team Haley? do you have to be picked?Big Grin or sign up for it? dunno