The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other Idols & Other Shows (http://haleyfans.com/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: I'm Casey and I just got signed. (/thread-471.html)

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - My Alter Ego - 06-21-2012

(06-21-2012, 06:52 PM)Tusk Wrote: I only posted it because it appears to be something Casey and his people must have authorized...

I get that more exposure brings potentially more popularity but how it translates in sales numbers for the artist to show results for his/her label, is not predictable and rarely fair.

It might just be my slowly antiquated brain has met the 'tipping point' and I am going through the paradigm shift that takes me to that part of life where things just don't make sense anymore..... Tongue At least it worked in getting you to buy it Big Grin

I will say, that so far, Casey's album is the only album of the S10 Idols that I have even considered buying besides Haley.

To make a living as a musician is hard. I appreciate that people on this site are taking seriously the consequences of purchasing music as opposed to simply finding the freebie sources and sticking with those. I, too, will be purchasing Casey's CD, but for those of you who have endured my ravings about Casey's talent, that should come as no surprise.

Lest any of you think I'm slighting Haley, I am not. The thing is, because I grew up knowing a couple of extremely talented kids [sister and brother] and because I'm not devoid of musical talent myself, I understand Haley's talent. Yes, she's terrific, but it's not something that I can't wrap my head around. Casey's talent, on the other hand, is so multi-faceted that I sometimes think he'll make my head explode -- until he does something trite like "Mango Tree."

So my question to you, Tusk, is: If Haley wasn't on one of the songs on Casey's CD, would you purchase it anyway?

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Tusk - 06-21-2012

(06-21-2012, 07:41 PM)My Alter Ego Wrote: To make a living as a musician is hard. I appreciate that people on this site are taking seriously the consequences of purchasing music as opposed to simply finding the freebie sources and sticking with those. I, too, will be purchasing Casey's CD, but for those of you who have endured my ravings about Casey's talent, that should come as no surprise.

Lest any of you think I'm slighting Haley, I am not. The thing is, because I grew up knowing a couple of extremely talented kids [sister and brother] and because I'm not devoid of musical talent myself, I understand Haley's talent. Yes, she's terrific, but it's not something that I can't wrap my head around. Casey's talent, on the other hand, is so multi-faceted that I sometimes think he'll make my head explode -- until he does something trite like "Mango Tree."

So my question to you, Tusk, is: If Haley wasn't on one of the songs on Casey's CD, would you purchase it anyway?
I would, because it's interesting. Not that what James or Scotty are doing isn't 'interesting', Casey's album, at the very least, is not formulaic. I prefer his instrumentation to his vocals, especially live. There are some intonations and affectations he does that are slightly annoying if he overdoes them. I enjoy his playing and his sense for melody/harmony better.

HTRJ isn't even my favorite of the album, "Blame it On Me" caught me as soon as I heard the snippet. Very catchy.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Flask Man - 06-21-2012

By far the best album by a Season 10 alumnus not named Haley was Tim Halperin's Rise and Fall. If you haven't checked it out yet you don't know what you're missing. It's sensational.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - LovinDaHaley - 06-21-2012

Haley and now Casey is all I'd buy thus far. And BTW, I don't subscribe to "right or wrong", "good or bad", and all that crap. Look people, personal preferences are simply personal preferences. I like Coke you like Pepsi - WHATEVER. I think we should all talk in terms of what we like and don't like, not in terms of good or bad, right or wrong, etc.. We need to respect each other's preferences!

With that being said: Flask Man, if you think Tim Halperin's album was "By far the best album by a Season 10 alumnus not named Haley" your a total fricken dweeb and you don't know shit about music! LOL - Just Kidding FM! I like Tim Halperin too Big Grin Thanks for the reminder, I almost forgot about him.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Flask Man - 06-21-2012

Lovin ya, Lovin Da! Wink

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Tusk - 06-22-2012

A new interview with Casey about his album

Quote:People were very upset when you got voted off...

(jumps in) I’m glad. Look where I am right now. I’m happy.

Really? What was the biggest advantage to not being the winner?

Well, less pressure. I think that’s huge for me because, to be honest, that’s something I have to work on. I don’t do really well under pressure. I need chill vibe and that’s what it was. We took our time and we found the right label and the right music. As soon as you win, I feel you have to come out with an album right away, but I think it was actually great that Scotty won because he was ready to do it and he did it like a champ. He’s doing awesome.

And he seems, at 18, incredibly able to handle the pressure that comes with this. He’s very grounded.

You know what, he’s a really humble dude. He’s kind of shy at first. We kind of really didn’t talk to him. He was like, “I remember when no one would really talk to me in the top 10.” ( Sad )But during the tour, we got really close. We’d go see movies and stuff, go get burgers. It was good. He’s a chill dude.

You have another “Idol” buddy on here, Haley Reinhart. This is the second song you’re recorded together after “Baby, It’s Cold Outside.” You two have great music chemistry, are you two going to make an album together?

I wouldn’t be opposed to it. I think the reason it works so well is because she’s a cool person and I can talk to her honestly. We can shoot the sh!t. Just chilling. I think, to be honest, as long as there’s such good vibes between the friendship, it translates really well onto disc. We never know what’s going to come out of our voices.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - My Alter Ego - 06-22-2012

(06-21-2012, 08:41 PM)Tusk Wrote:
(06-21-2012, 07:41 PM)My Alter Ego Wrote: So my question to you, Tusk, is: If Haley wasn't on one of the songs on Casey's CD, would you purchase it anyway?
I would, because it's interesting. Not that what James or Scotty are doing isn't 'interesting', Casey's album, at the very least, is not formulaic. I prefer his instrumentation to his vocals, especially live. There are some intonations and affectations he does that are slightly annoying if he overdoes them. I enjoy his playing and his sense for melody/harmony better.

HTRJ isn't even my favorite of the album, "Blame it On Me" caught me as soon as I heard the snippet. Very catchy.

Casey's musical strength is definitely not in his voice/vocals. In some ways, it's astonishing he made it to Hollywood on AI. I'm looking forward to listening to the rest of his CD -- won't be long now.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Haleylvr4evr - 06-23-2012

Since Casey's cd is coming out in a few days (and I'm listening to his songs as I type this) I think it'd be a good time to show you my picture with him! I met him on the same day as Haley at the MagMile Fest Smile Don't know why I haven't posted it earlier

[Image: 400553_3018785589387_1329355589_n.jpg]

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Tusk - 06-23-2012

Casey is getting scorched on MJS from his National Anthem, and looks like he's responding on twitter to tweets Sad .
This is one of the few times I wish I had a twitter acct (I can't find another way to contact him) to let him know to back off on the tweets, and concentrate on promoting his album. This is a big week for him. He needs to borrow some of that "toughened up skin" Haley grew during AI and push onward and upwards. Now is not the time to concentrate on negative things that don't, ultimately, matter.

Since we're on the subject of the NA...let's look back on brighter days Big Grin

This was posted at mjs from Casey reading the nice comments at mjs about the supportive comments for his album (the article posting his songs on wetpaint)

Quote:Reflects On Life 4 hours ago

This just showed up in my Facebook newsfeed a minute ago, from the man himself!

"I'm on a very delayed flight back home from NYC and I felt like
listening to my album but my lap top is dead and I didn't download it on
to my phone. So I decided to go to mjsbigblog.com to listen to the free
streaming thing. Then I saw some people commented on the songs and I
gotta say I'm happily suprised at how nice the comments are, it didn't
really hit me until now that my album will be out s...oon for the whole
world to see. And I'm just really touched at all the comments and
compliments and critiques I've been seeing. It's kind of embarrassing
because I'm tearing up awkwardly right next to my isle mate. Im just
happy you guys are still untreated (sic) in what I have to say. So
thank you thank you thank you for all the support, patience and open
ears. I'm gonna work hard on making music for the rest of my life. I'll
always have stories to tell and I'm gonna make you guys proud
lumberjacks Love Casey "

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - LovinDaHaley - 06-23-2012

(06-23-2012, 03:24 PM)Haleylvr4evr Wrote: Since Casey's cd is coming out in a few days (and I'm listening to his songs as I type this) I think it'd be a good time to show you my picture with him! I met him on the same day as Haley at the MagMile Fest Smile Don't know why I haven't posted it earlier

Love it H4. Very cool! Great picture.
We could get 3 of your sweet heads into that big ol mellon of Casey's. [Image: character0056.gif]