The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1409 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1555 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 472 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 201 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 179 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1502 errorHandler->error
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1409 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1502 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other Idols & Other Shows (http://haleyfans.com/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: I'm Casey and I just got signed. (/thread-471.html)

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - LovinDaHaley - 06-26-2012

Great review Flask Man. Thank you. You sold me. Going to buy it.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Flask Man - 06-26-2012

(06-26-2012, 02:59 PM)LovinDaHaley Wrote: Great review Flask Man. Thank you. You sold me. Going to buy it.

You'll thank me again after you hear it. The album is a gem.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Tusk - 06-26-2012

I found a couple articles with Casey I posted at IDF some here might be be interested in:

New radio interview, the article is basically a transcription of the interview

http://tommy2.net/content/?p=36280

Quote:Tommy2: And what singers and players were you influenced by the most?

Casey Abrams: Growing up I listened to a lot of Tenacious D and I think Jack Black’s voice is just like ridiculous and Queen. Especially with the harmonies and musicality were like so crazy, like they’re like above anything I’ve ever heard and they’re so jazzy too!
Weird for someone with a lot of old school Jazzy musicality/qualities, of all the performers he could have listed as a major influence, that he lists "Tenacious D" as a primary influence Undecided Big Grin
It does explain a lot about his performance style/manner

Another interview for CBS

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-5746...es-debut-album/

Quote:"It's mostly about wanting girls to like me," Abrams shares about the songs, which range from folk-pop to rootsy-jazz.
"girls" or one girl in particular? Wink

His web site

http://www.iamcaseyabrams.com/

Seems like he's going to go on the road and play where-ever, nothing concrete. Very bohemian, but that was pretty much what he said when I met him in LA at Haley's debut eve performance. I asked him his touring plans because we need to know ( Wink ). He said something like, tell them, keep your eyes peeled, I'll be showing at random places

Gonna go pick the deluxe at walmart (I would order from his website, but I figure the signed copies are already gone and it said something about shipping it the week of July 9 (?) Tongue

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Haleylvr4evr - 06-26-2012

I bought on itunes and I love it!

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Tusk - 06-26-2012

(06-26-2012, 08:21 PM)Haleylvr4evr Wrote: I bought on itunes and I love it!
I just picked it up, will start listening....
In the car I skipped to my favorites from the previews..."Blame it On Me" is a great driving tune, sounds great in the car. HTRJ...is there any more to say at this point? LOL and two bonus songs !!

How did I miss that there were going to be bonus songs on a 'deluxe' version? "Eleanor Rigby" and "Have You Ever Seen Rain" (Meh on CCR but LOVE me any homage to the Beatles Big Grin )

Delux is only $10 at walmart

Another interview

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Tusk - 06-27-2012

I've now listened to Casey's album maybe 10 times now.

Where I come from when it comes to Casey:
I really like his personality, and I like him as a person. He flashes of musical brilliance but then at times some of his affectations, screetches and grunts just make me think, "ouch....".
I realise he is performing in the tradition of jazz greats before him, it's just he hasn't good control of it, yet. I've seen it posted that he doesn't have an awareness of his vocal limitations (see recent NA), I tended to agree, but then again..... doesn't part of being 'creative' include having to reach beyond your personal limitations to see what happens? So Casey should be applauded for demonstrating the willingness to take some musical risks in developing his talent.

So while I applaud him for his jazzy/improvisational performance style, it is also, admittedly, part of why I am not 'all in' with Casey, musically. That being being said, I reserve the right to sit back and watch him grow, artistically. He has just started his career so I don't look at his first album with a ton of pressure, that he needs to hit it out of the park.

Some notes about some songs:

The best two songs, the best one-two punch of the album

"Blame it on Me" and "Wore Out My Soul"

This is the best part of the album IMO. From the first time I heard "Blame it On Me" in previews, I had a physical reaction to the song, I couldn't help but tap my feet and bobbing my head. The 'rolling' Bass, The Groove on a record that you easily slide into and start shaking to the rhythm Big Grin.
By far the highlight song and my vote for single of the album. Great all around. CoolCoolCoolCoolCool

"Wore Out My Soul"
This is Casey's "Undone" of the album. Full of atmosphere, the pacing and singing is warm and touching. I closed my eyes and felt the smooth vibe that harkening back to the glory days of the great R&B Love songs. The simplicity of the instrumentation, the 'loose and stringy' sound of the guitar picking. It's such a gorgeous song that I paid no attention to the lyrics,I didn't get why he was singing about shoes....then I got it...."You really wore out my 'soul'". I tried those new shoes on ....sole/soul .. Tongue LOL Regardless of the lyrics, it's a beautiful song.
If we were to bet which song of Casey's album was Haley's favorite? I would put my bet on this song....It really is a gorgeous composition IMO

Some songs I got a comparison vibe with, as in, the song reminds me of this or that guy's style. Don't get me wrong, these songs are certainly "Casey" songs, they just reminded me of other artists or songs.

"Simple Life" reminds me of Sam Cooke's "Wonderful World"/Bobby Mcferrin

"Ghost" could be a song performed/written by Paul Simon

"Great Bright Morning" There are parts of this song that are exquisite. It feels like Casey's 'country song', perhaps in the manner of the "Eagles". There are 'Beach Boys' like harmonies that are beautiful. Maybe Casey's best, 'meaningful vocals' of the album IMO. It's quickly becoming a favorite, making it a great one two three with "Blame it On Me" and "Wore Out My Soul" Cool

"Midnight Girl" reminded me of the Nirvana song, "Polly (wants a cracker)"

I don't know why, but I get this 'mac the knife' jazzy quality to "Dry Spell"....I don't like it as much as some have said, mostly because it feeds into the 'off the wall', out of control acting out that Casey is sometimes prone to.

Hit the Road Jack... I can see how people want so badly to have Haley go all out Jazz because her vocals are delightfully luscious, gorgeous and smooth at the same time. She expertly distributes her "Hmms " "Mmmms" and purrs throughout the song. I assume that's Casey playing the guitar during the interlude....very nice. I noticed the keyboards on the CD more than I did in the previews. The keys could have been turned up a bit more, as they might have added that little more 'jazzy' quality to the song. I just imagined how Keith would interpret them? HeartHeart
A wonderful addition to the growing Caley duets. Cool

Finally, the Bonus songs.
You probably know, I'm a HUGE Beatles fans, one of the many wonderful things I appreciate about Haley is her continuing to give them credit for their inspiration to her.

Conversely, something about Credence Clearwater Revival, I never really 'liked' them. I acknowledge they were an iconic band with many relatively impactful contributions to the musical landscape of the '60's, '70's and '80's. I just never really liked them, don't own an album, turn the station when a CCR song comes on.

So we're back to the Bonus songs: "Eleanor Rigby" and "Have You Ever Seen The Rain"

Given what I just posted, it might be obvious which one I would like, but the opposite is true. I really, really, really wanted to like ER. I listened to it in my car on the drive back from Walmart. My initial reaction was..."huh". I thought to myself, let's give it a fair shot and listen to it a few more times.

On the 10 + times I've listened to it, my opinion is the same. I know it's colored by my 'deification' of many things "Beatles", but Casey's version of ER is absent the desperate loneliness of the 'human condition' expertly painted in lyrics and composition by the Beatles' version. Casey's version feels like it was an exercise in 'how to make a cool song cooler' without regard to the essence of the song. The tempo and phrasing just feel wrong for this song. It was like rearranging the body without regard to the soul.

Surprisingly, I had the opposite reaction to Casey's "Have You Ever Seen The Rain". His version of this iconic CCR song (which I NEVER liked for some reason). There is an emotional simplicity and wistful innocence that comes through in this incarnation. Loved the Bass Smile and a recorder? Big Grin. I wished he was able to instill some of the essence, the humanity, in this song into his interpretation of "Eleanor Rigby"

Bottom Line, I give Casey's debut a Solid B Cool
(with a chance of a '+' depending on the songs' 'grow on you factor' like Haley's songs have Big Grin )

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Flask Man - 06-27-2012

My official Twitlonger review: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/i256lc

Quote:Without further ado, I bring you the official Flasky Poo review of @IamCaseyAbrams' self-titled new album!

Let me begin by saying I've been only a tepid fan of Casey since his Season 10 run on American Idol, enjoying him mostly when paired with the incomparably seductive Haley Reinhart on a duet. Therefore, when his new album was released yesterday I immediately downloaded the sensational "Caley" cover of Ray Charles' iconic classic "Hit The Road Jack", but waited to preview the rest of the songs before deciding if it was worth buying the entire album.

After previewing the snippets, I came away surprisingly impressed with Casey's sound and vibe, so I went ahead and downoaded the album figuring if it's as good as the 90 second clips it'll be well worth the money.

Well, after listening to the entire LP from start to finish several times, let me just say that it's a fantastic creation. Jazzy, soulful, breezy, organic...it's a delight to the ears, and perfect for summer listening.

Lyrically, Casey's album is mostly about unrequited love (and I have no doubt that Haley's the love interest in every song), but instead of having a sad, heavy and angst-ridden vibe the tone is happy, hopeful, and even if his love isn't being reciprocated he's not discouraged. His outlook is serene and optimistic despite whatever frustrations, longing and loneliness he has to deal with.

Musically, the instrumentation is highly skilled and creative throughout, and the production effects are at a delightful minimum. We're treated to some swinging piano, a bit of recorder (yes, recorder!), his trademark bass, a bit of organ, and an ample infusion of acoustic guitar just to name a few.

The arrangements have a great, melodic flow so you never feel any redundancy creep in while listening through the album. His jazz stylings are on nearly every track, and well varied. Sometimes swing, sometimes bebop, sometimes ragtime, sometimes cool, sometimes folky, sometimes bluesy, sometime soulful, he always seems to hit the right sound while keeping it fresh.

The only song that I really didn't care for was "Get Out", a sellout to mainstream pop that just doesn't belong on an album of this quality. That said, the rest of the album is an absolute gem and I strongly recommend spending the $9.99 at iTunes to download it. It's worth every penny.

Now, if we can just get Casey and his unrequited love interest Haley to schedule a nationwide "Caley Tour" by the end of summer my life will be complete.

Rating: An enthusiastic 5 Stars!

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - LovinDaHaley - 06-27-2012

Damn you Flask man and Tusk! If you guys knew how scary the sex-craved security guards at my Walmart are you wouldn't have made me go. But anyways, I suppose that is compliment enough to your reviews.

But guys, really? "Get Out" gets an "I don't like it" from F.M. and no mention from T-man? The song is a medical breakthrough! HELLO! It's a miracle salve for the soul - a heartbreak healing balm. WTF? What do you recommend for your heartbreak patients? Neil Young - Sugar Mountain?

And "A Boy Can Dream", no mention from either of you? How could you not like this sexy song? Oh yes, doh, your men. But did you at least listen to the lyrics? "She’s lying in my bed in just her underwear... she’s laughing at the words I say... yeah... We’re kissing and we’re touching underneath the covers... listening to Marvin Gaye... I hear her whispering I love you right before I fall asleep... A boy can dream" - This song had me digging for new batteries!

Nevertheless, great reviews from my two favorite power pontificators, kudos to you both. And Flask Man, you were right when you said, "You'll thank me again after you hear it. The album is a gem." BUT you still get minus two stars for steamrolling over Tusk's review with a second posting of yours, dork Tongue

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Flask Man - 06-27-2012

(06-27-2012, 10:19 AM)LovinDaHaley Wrote: Damn you Flask man and Tusk! If you guys knew how scary the sex-craved security guards at my Walmart are you wouldn't have made me go. But anyways, I suppose that is compliment enough to your reviews.

But guys, really? "Get Out" gets an "I don't like it" from F.M. and no mention from T-man? The song is a medical breakthrough! HELLO! It's a miracle salve for the soul - a heartbreak healing balm. WTF? What do you recommend for your heartbreak patients? Neil Young - Sugar Mountain?

And "A Boy Can Dream", no mention from either of you? How could you not like this sexy song? Oh yes, doh, your men. But did you at least listen to the lyrics? "She’s lying in my bed in just her underwear... she’s laughing at the words I say... yeah... We’re kissing and we’re touching underneath the covers... listening to Marvin Gaye... I hear her whispering I love you right before I fall asleep... A boy can dream" - This song had me digging for new batteries!

Nevertheless, great reviews from my two favorite power pontificators, kudos to you both. And Flask Man, you were right when you said, "You'll thank me again after you hear it. The album is a gem." BUT you still get minus two stars for steamrolling over Tusk's review with a second posting of yours, dork Tongue

Sorry about "Get Out", but to me it's tedious, formula pop crap. Remember, I'm also the same guy who dislikes "Undone". I absolutely LOVE "A Boy Can Dream", though! I just didn't do a song-by-song breakdown.

Also, I didn't post my review twice! My first review was just a few brief comments, and the 2nd was the full, official review that I send out on Twitter, so nyeh! Tongue Big Grin

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - LovinDaHaley - 06-27-2012

^ LOL - OK fine, you can have your two retracted gold pasties stars back...

[Image: goldstars.gif]