The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 94 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 94 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "lockoutexpiry" - Line: 550 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 550 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "avatartype" - Line: 811 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 811 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 34 - File: global.php(872) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(872) : eval()'d code 34 errorHandler->error
/global.php 872 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 937 - File: global.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 937 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 5196 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5196 errorHandler->error
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "additionalgroups" - Line: 7360 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 7360 errorHandler->error
/inc/functions.php 5216 is_member
/global.php 937 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(257) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 257 eval
/printthread.php 117 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 160 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 165 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 160 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 165 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.0.30 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Haley Reinhart Forum
I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Printable Version

+- Haley Reinhart Forum (http://haleyfans.com)
+-- Forum: Topics (http://haleyfans.com/forum-1.html)
+--- Forum: Other Idols & Other Shows (http://haleyfans.com/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: I'm Casey and I just got signed. (/thread-471.html)

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Babbs234 - 08-04-2013

It was a great night! Big Grin Very fun to be hanging out with the Reinharts and Himm, and listening to some real music! I feel very privileged to have been able to get to know these wonderful and oh so talented people!!! Heart

Oh, and Casey was good too!! Tongue The sax player, Jacob told me he went to high school at Idyllwild Arts Academy with Casey. He said Casey actually interrupted his audition when he was applying for the school. A kind, humble guy, seemed genuinely happy to be touring with Casey!

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - My Alter Ego - 08-04-2013

^^Babbs, did Jacob say why Casey interupted his audition?

Given how good Casey is, it is not at all surprising that he selected such fine musicians to work with him. Babbs or Himm2, did Harry Reinhart mention their skills at all?

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Babbs234 - 08-04-2013

(08-04-2013, 12:12 PM)My Alter Ego Wrote: ^^Babbs, did Jacob say why Casey interupted his audition?

Given how good Casey is, it is not at all surprising that he selected such fine musicians to work with him. Babbs or Himm2, did Harry Reinhart mention their skills at all?

Mae, Jacob didn't tell me how Casey interrupted his audition, but he was laughing telling the story. That was how he MET Casey. I imagine Casey sticking his head in the room where the audition was going "babawaduba" or some typical Caseyism...

Patti mentioned how talented they all were.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - My Alter Ego - 08-04-2013

(08-04-2013, 12:44 PM)Babbs234 Wrote:
(08-04-2013, 12:12 PM)My Alter Ego Wrote: ^^Babbs, did Jacob say why Casey interupted his audition?

Mae, Jacob didn't tell me how Casey interrupted his audition, but he was laughing telling the story. That was how he MET Casey. I imagine Casey sticking his head in the room where the audition was going "babawaduba" or some typical Caseyism...

Patti mentioned how talented they all were.

Well, it's nice that Jacob can laugh about it -- now. Imagine it: you're auditioning to gain entrance to a school that, presumably you really want to go to (or you wouldn't be there). You're excited, but probably a bit nervous. Then, in the middle of your audition some wild haired, bearded, crazy-eyed guy you've never laid eyes on before, bursts upon and interrupts your audition, your moment that you've probably worked really hard to achieve. (You said that they went to high school together, so that would mean pre-Idol days for Casey. Alternatively, Jacob could have attended Idylwild concerts, and, thus, recognized Casey, even though they had not yet met.) At the very best, it could be a bit unnerving. At the very worst -- well, Casey is still very much alive and making crazy good music (with Jacob), so obviously what could have gone very, very wrong, did not.

I'm glad that Patti said something about how talented these "kids" (they're "kids" to me) are because -- Wow! They truly are! It is really comforting, after the drought (for me) of the nineties - -and beyond -- that there are the Adeles, and the Haleys, and the Caseys (and Taylors and Jacobs and Keith Phelps and Candices) who aspire to making good music -- real music, and bringing music back from the abyss, where it's been hovering for far too long.

Hey Babbs, I wondered if the "cute" chick in the white jacket (in the photo with Casey and Himm2) was you. Thanks for the confirmation (in Haley at the Cosmo thread).

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Haleylvr4evr - 08-04-2013

I love the video of Harry onstage with Casey! Wish I could've been there with everyone!

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - kaypea - 08-05-2013

(08-04-2013, 08:48 AM)My Alter Ego Wrote: ^^Well, that was certainly fun to hear! I don't remember Casey having a sax player in his group before. It's a good addition, since his band is now stripped down.

Yes,that was a nice surprise seeing the sax player up there with him.The guy sounded good too and it fit well with the music.That's one of the cool things with Casey-you never know what he might come up with next.

And I loved Harry's playing there-the trading with Casey on the blues was uncanny-it must be in the blood lines.Smile

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - My Alter Ego - 08-05-2013

(08-05-2013, 06:10 AM)kaypea Wrote: Yes,that was a nice surprise seeing the sax player up there with him.The guy sounded good too and it fit well with the music.That's one of the cool things with Casey-you never know what he might come up with next.

And I loved Harry's playing there-the trading with Casey on the blues was uncanny-it must be in the blood lines.Smile

Me too! In terms of "trading," I'm fairly certain that Haley has said that one of the things her dad taught her early was the "call and response" technique. In this case, Casey did the call and Harry responded, but it was amazing!

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - kaypea - 08-05-2013

(08-05-2013, 07:02 AM)My Alter Ego Wrote:
(08-05-2013, 06:10 AM)kaypea Wrote: Yes,that was a nice surprise seeing the sax player up there with him.The guy sounded good too and it fit well with the music.That's one of the cool things with Casey-you never know what he might come up with next.

Me too! In terms of "trading," I'm fairly certain that Haley has said that one of the things her dad taught her early was the "call and response" technique. In this case, Casey did the call and Harry responded, but it was amazing!

Yes-and what struck me was how easily Harry fell jnto the groove with Casey on the two songs he was on-just like it happened with his daughter. It would be a real treat if that was the backing band for Casey and Haley.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - My Alter Ego - 08-05-2013

(08-05-2013, 07:16 AM)kaypea Wrote:
(08-05-2013, 07:02 AM)My Alter Ego Wrote:

Yes-and what struck me was how easily Harry fell jnto the groove with Casey on the two songs he was on-just like it happened with his daughter. It would be a real treat if that was the backing band for Casey and Haley.

When one is "playing" back (as opposed to singing) what one has just heard, one really needs to know his/her instrument and have an incredible ear. Obviously, Harry has both in his pocket. It would be a treat if he was always a part of the backing band for both of them.

RE: I'm Casey and I just got signed. - Himm2 - 08-05-2013

^huh?